Midnight Mania! Dana White switches course, claims McGregor vs. Chandler will be at Lightweight

Sick85

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
upload_2023-2-9_0-42-31.jpeg
One of the biggest narratives surrounding Conor McGregor’s absence and return from injury has been his size. McGregor has packed on so much muscle that there’s been an endless discussion on Instagram thirst traps, potential performance enhancing drug (PED) usage, and possible photoshop. As a result, it’s been widely assumed that McGregor will make his planned 2023 return at 170 lbs.
For what it’s worth, McGregor has even talked about making the jump to Middleweight.

His recently confirmed opponent and opposing coach on The Ultimate Fighter (TUF), Michael Chandler, has no issue with beefing up. The jacked wrestler and knockout artist promises to match McGregor’s size and strength without issue, claiming to weigh up to 190 pounds many months away from the fight.

The two may want to put down the steaks and pick up some salads, however. During an appearance on the Pat McAfee show, UFC President Dana White switched course from earlier reports, claiming the fight would take place at 155-pounds instead.

As for whether or not the victor will be awarded a title shot at Lightweight? White is less convinced than Michael Bisping, but he didn’t confirm one way or another.
“I don’t know,” White said (via Cole Shelton). “What we do with that is, like when everyone was talking about when Conor comes back who’s he going to fight, you got to look at the landscape, who’s already got fights, who doesn’t. The Chandler fight is a fight people love. That fight is going to be absolutely violence.”

The fight is still a long time coming, so it’s not unreasonable to expect that the weight class could be negotiated one way or another. Either way, both Chandler and McGregor enter the fight in must-win scenarios if they’re to remain in contention. McGregor has lost two straight fights to Dustin Poirier, whereas Chandler has just two wins in his five trips to the Octagon.
https://www.mmamania.com/platform/a...als-mcgregor-vs-chandler-lightweight-ufc-espn

Can Dana have an accident doing some exotic rich person activity please?
Enough with the dumb jock podcast appearances.
How about he take up boar hunting or base jumping?
Or let him participate in powerslap contests. So that he can see what its like to slap and get slapped with real men, and not women

Conor has 2 fights left & will then test free agency. No way Dana gives Conor a title fight as his last fight so he can bounce as the champ like Francis.

Imagine Conor beats Chandler, gets gifted a title shot and defeats Islam (0% chance), and then Khabib returns from retirement to avenge Islam

Is this what casual fans get excited over? Imaginary storylines like it's the WWE rather than actual fights and competitive high level affairs? This is sad.

Conor winning sets up Islam vs Conor ?

stiopic-islam.gif

In other words the fight isnt set in stone and lying Dana was running his mouth per usual

Connor is going to use the show as his personal training camp. He doesn’t have Artem to beat up anymore, so he’ll use the TUF contestants instead.

He’ll easily get back to 155lbs when stops using supplements, that weight never stays around.

Conor's titanium leg implant probably added 20 lbs to his body weight. No way he goes back down to 155. He'll make one last cut to 170, starch Chandler, then its off to MW to send Potatoman to the shadow realm.

Is this what casual fans get excited over? Imaginary storylines like it's the WWE rather than actual fights and competitive high level affairs? This is sad.
And then Islam turns on Khabib and he and Conor leave him layin

Holywood Islam is born.

CpzKx4HVUAExJ5d.jpg

And then Islam turns on Khabib and he and Conor leave him layin

Holywood Islam is born.

CpzKx4HVUAExJ5d.jpg

I must be a moron because part of me is like "DONT PEOPLE KNOW TOFIQ MUSAYEV IS FIGHTING ALEXANDER SHABLIY IN BELLATOR?" Hahaha. The Fabricio Andrade rematch with Lineker in ONE is coming up, I think I said Arnold Allen vs Max Holloway was my most anticipated bout of 2023 and we fucking got it. It just seems so odd to me "wouldn't it be cool if a rube goldberg machine of unfortunate and unlikely events happened to create all these dramatic stories plus CONOR MCREGOR?!" It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the fact that it's how half the media talks as middle aged professional adults and how the UFC is always looking for an excuse matchmake shit like this for quick cash grabs its just depressing. Meanwhile Beneil Dariush is going to die of old age before he gets a title shot and when he's 35 and losses people will say "see he would have lost if he fought for the title anyways" like insane people.

I must be a moron because part of me is like "DONT PEOPLE KNOW TOFIQ MUSAYEV IS FIGHTING ALEXANDER SHABLIY IN BELLATOR?" Hahaha. The Fabricio Andrade rematch with Lineker in ONE is coming up, I think I said Arnold Allen vs Max Holloway was my most anticipated bout of 2023 and we fucking got it. It just seems so odd to me "wouldn't it be cool if a rube goldberg machine of unfortunate and unlikely events happened to create all these dramatic stories plus CONOR MCREGOR?!" It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the fact that it's how half the media talks as middle aged professional adults and how the UFC is always looking for an excuse matchmake shit like this for quick cash grabs its just depressing. Meanwhile Beneil Dariush is going to die of old age before he gets a title shot and when he's 35 and losses people will say "see he would have lost if he fought for the title anyways" like insane people.
True,but Dariush isnt doing himself any favors by being so passive about it. He allowed Volk to just stomp in and take his shot away. He needs to learn his lesson from that.

True,but Dariush isnt doing himself any favors by being so passive about it. He allowed Volk to just stomp in and take his shot away. He needs to learn his lesson from that.

I think if he beats Charles Oliveira he doesn't need to learn any lesson, just given his title shot. You can't skip over the most deserving guys because they aren't loudmouths. I think Beneil made a huge mistake not flying to Australia to be cage side but he just had a child with his wife and really didn't want to learn he and the kid alone for 4-5 days to travel around. I don't know, it's a business but it doesn't have to be this way.

I think if he beats Charles Oliveira he doesn't need to learn any lesson, just given his title shot. You can't skip over the most deserving guys because they aren't loudmouths. I think Beneil made a huge mistake not flying to Australia to be cage side but he just had a child with his wife and really didn't want to learn he and the kid alone for 4-5 days to travel around. I don't know, it's a business but it doesn't have to be this way.
Im not sayin what the UFC did is right,but you cant just sit in silence or someone else is gonna come along and do it you again. Some people steadfastly ignore how business is done and expect everything to be handed to em on wins alone,like Jon fitch,and look at what happened to him.

Back