Mid-air Collusion (Mueller Thread v. 19)

Status
Not open for further replies.
<TrumpWrong1>

All shitposting aside, Rudy is too old for a big gig with lots of travel, etc. He’s probably doing almost all he can getting around doing interviews, and from what I hear, he regularly fucks that up too.
I wonder how much their personal relationship played a role in him being hired. There's also the fact a lot of prestigious firms just declined to represent the president. Rudy does seem to be on the verge of senility but we also have to consider he may not have many facts or evidence on his side.

Lying about when you got a cup of coffee is just the type of thing that gets a president impeached... :rolleyes:

It was an example to illustrate a point my good man. It could also technically qualify as perjury in that example and I don’t expect the Dems to let it slide especially if they get the House.

I get why an attorney would say 'my client won't submit to questioning'.

I don't get why an attorney would say "my client won't submit because we know its a perjury trap'.

Those are very different things the second suggests he has lied in the past OR will lie when questioned. So why say that last part when its not necessary. If you won't submit because you think its a perjury trap then just say you won't submit.

What I am trying to figure out is does Rudy think there is some benefit (political spin?) to saying 'perjury trap', as I cannot see it???
Well I'm not sure but it might be since they have stated they want to try this case in the court of public opinion. It's why they allowed the release of the Cohen tape as well. Not sure it's a great plan though but based on what they know it might be their best option.

The “perjury trap” plays into their “witch hunt” theme. Basically saying it’s only purpose is to try to get trump to say anything - anything - under oath that they can prove false no matter how irrelevant and then roll out the perjury and impeachment train. Hence my, “you had coffee on Thursday but said it was Wednesday! Perjury!” example.
They're making lemonade with lemon rinds. :D

It was an example to illustrate a point my good man. It could also technically qualify as perjury in that example and I don’t expect the Dems to let it slide especially if they get the House.
Rudy might be playing that angle but it's disingenuous. If his testimony gets him in trouble it'll be for real crimes.

Rudy might be playing that angle but it's disingenuous. If his testimony gets him in trouble it'll be for real crimes.

Slick Willy went down for a consensual blowjob.

And despite what my wife keeps insisting, those are not illegal.

Find a defense attorney that would encourage a client in any investigation, innocent or not, to go give an interview with detectives.

As far as the phrase “perjury trap” it doesn’t mean much beyond that’s what they think it is. As in, getting anything, no matter how trivial, to say, “aha! You said under oath you got coffee on Wednesday but it was actually a Thursday! Perjury! Impeach him!”
...an absurd representation of the facts always helps an issue:D

Last edited:
What I am trying to figure out is does Rudy think there is some benefit (political spin?) to saying 'perjury trap', as I cannot see it???
It's spin for public opinion. The investigation, like the election, is rigged against him. Unless he wins.

He acts as though there's no possibility he might not be charged with anything.

It's spin for public opinion. The investigation, like the election, is rigged against him. Unless he wins.

He acts as though there's no possibility he might not be charged with anything.
There was another guy recently who was so concerned about winning the public image wars that he jeopardized his own case with social media postings. It did not work out to well for him.

GettyImages-826435392-660x330.jpg

5aa2d1d62a5f6.image.jpg

5672e2f272f2c1de008b6681-750-563.jpg

I just wonder if Rudy has indeed completely conceded they will lose any court case and are hoping and relying on fomenting citizen outrage that could see Trump supported even if he fires Muller and/or pardons everyone including himself, saying this was all corrupt to begin with.

There was another guy recently who was so concerned about winning the public image wars that he jeopardized his own case with social media postings. It did not work out to well for him.

5aa2d1d62a5f6.image.jpg

I just wonder if Rudy has indeed completely conceded they will lose any court case and are hoping and relying on fomenting citizen outrage that could see Trump supported even if he fires Muller and/or pardons everyone including himself, saying this was all corrupt to begin with.
I wonder what supporters think he'd act like if he were guilty of something if this is how he shows everyone how innocent he is.

A Narcissist's Prayer

That didn't happen.

And if it did, it wasn't that bad.

And if it was, that's not a big deal.

And if it is, that's not my fault.

And if it was, I didn't mean it.

And if I did...

You deserved it.

5aa2d1d62a5f6.image.jpg

Yes, their defense is placing the trial in the court of public opinion. The Perjury Trap playsto his base that have continued to believe that this whole ordeal is an attempt by the Lizard people to remove their knight and savior protecting good ole white American values from 1950.

If you follow the deep state rabbit whole far enough you get to a race of reptilian aliens who’ve infiltrated governments around the world with mission to turn man against himself so that they can start harvesting us for food.

We were warned in the 80’s this would happen.

imgres

https://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https://images2.vudu.com/poster2/9626-338&imgrefurl=https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/details/V-The-Final-Battle/9626&docid=kEJaER5WJY7wiM&tbnid=z89BV1O0yAsUJM:&vet=1&w=338&h=480&source=sh/x/im

Last edited:

Nothing to hide.

[edit: oops brain fart, confused Stone with Gates for a moment] I've been wondering what happened to the Manafort trial thread (forgot to "watch" it.)
But here are a couple of quite interesting articles I came across related to that.
Apologies if these have been sourced already, but I haven't seen them:
Why Manafort's trial matters for Trump — even if it has nothing to do with Russian collusion
What you need to know about the trial of Trump's former campaign manager
"Winning a conviction against the first person to go on trial in Mueller's probe would strengthen the former FBI director's resolve and his team's credibility as President Donald Trump assails his inquiry as a politically motivated "witch hunt," legal experts say.

An acquittal, on the other hand, could be seen as a win for Trump as he continues to try to undermine the work of Mueller's team of prosecutors.

Here is what you need to know about Manafort's trial."

And this bombshell:
Hacked text messages allegedly sent by Paul Manafort's daughter discuss 'blood money' and killings, and a Ukrainian lawyer wants him to explain
"In a series of texts reviewed by Business Insider that appear to have been sent by Andrea to her sister, Jessica, in March 2015, Andrea said their father had "no moral or legal compass."

"Don't fool yourself," Andrea wrote to her sister, according to the texts. "That money we have is blood money."

"You know he has killed people in Ukraine? Knowingly," she continued, according to the reviewed texts. "As a tactic to outrage the world and get focus on Ukraine. Remember when there were all those deaths taking place. A while back. About a year ago. Revolts and what not. Do you know whose strategy that was to cause that, to send those people out and get them slaughtered."
"He is a sick f---ing tyrant," Andrea appears to have said to Bond about her father. "And we keep showing up and dancing for him. ... We just keep showing up and eating the lobster. Nothing changes."

Ledgers uncovered by an anticorruption center in Kiev in 2016 suggested that the Party of Regions had designated $12.7 million in undisclosed cash payments for Manafort between 2007 and 2012. Manafort's lawyer has denied that he ever collected the earmarked payments.

The New York Times reported on Monday that a Ukrainian member of parliament had accused Manafort of trying to hide $750,000 in payments from the Party of Regions by funneling it to offshore accounts. Manafort's spokesman told The Times that the allegations were "baseless" and should be "summarily dismissed.""

Ain't that some shit.

Last edited:

If he isn't guilty he has major mental health issues.
Agreed.
It's just... How could he possibly act more like a man with everything to hide?
I could almost feel sorry for him, if he weren't such an arrogant, traitorous jackass. Almost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back