Mid-air Collusion (Mueller Thread v. 19)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone help a lowly Canadian watching this from a far and not paying attention to great detail how Rudy's argument that Trump should not sit with Muller because its simply 'a perjury trap' helps Trump?

Is he not just admitting that Trump will lie and has lied in the past?
<TheDonald>

Someone help a lowly Canadian watching this from a far and not paying attention to great detail how Rudy's argument that Trump should not sit with Muller because its simply 'a perjury trap' helps Trump?

Find a defense attorney that would encourage a client in any investigation, innocent or not, to go give an interview with detectives.

As far as the phrase “perjury trap” it doesn’t mean much beyond that’s what they think it is. As in, getting anything, no matter how trivial, to say, “aha! You said under oath you got coffee on Wednesday but it was actually a Thursday! Perjury! Impeach him!”

Find a defense attorney that would encourage a client in any investigation, innocent or not, to go give an interview with detectives.

As far as the phrase “perjury trap” it doesn’t mean much beyond that’s what they think it is. As in, getting anything, no matter how trivial, to say, “aha! You said under oath you got coffee on Wednesday but it was actually a Thursday! Perjury! Impeach him!”

Somebody doesn't know what perjury is

I can't recall the last time a president who refused an interview from a special counsel.

I can't recall the last time a president who refused an interview from a special counsel.

I recall the last president who didn’t and he get perjured over something completely unrelated and not illegal in the slightest.

{<hhh]

I recall the last president who didn’t and he get perjured over something completely unrelated and not illegal in the slightest.

{<hhh]
George w bush was the last one. Is George w more truthful than trump?

interdasting-gorilla_o_1631851.jpg

Rudy is pissed that he was on the Trump Train from the beginning. All Rudy wanted was Secretary of State but he would have settled for AG.
Trump went with Tillerson for SoS, who the House of Saud asked Trump to fire and he did, and the Alabama Kebler Elf, Jeff Sessions for AG.
Rudy has patiently waited to pay Trump back for the slight, weaseled his way in to be Trumps attorney and now is sabotaging Trump.

Rudy is pissed that he was on the Trump Train from the beginning. All Rudy wanted was Secretary of State but he would have settled for AG.
Trump went with Tillerson for SoS, who the House of Saud asked Trump to fire and he did, and the Alabama Kebler Elf, Jeff Sessions for AG.
Rudy has patiently waited to pay Trump back for the slight, weaseled his way in to be Trumps attorney and now is sabotaging Trump.

<TrumpWrong1>

All shitposting aside, Rudy is too old for a big gig with lots of travel, etc. He’s probably doing almost all he can getting around doing interviews, and from what I hear, he regularly fucks that up too.

I get why an attorney would say 'my client won't submit to questioning'.

I don't get why an attorney would say "my client won't submit because we know its a perjury trap'.

Those are very different things the second suggests he has lied in the past OR will lie when questioned. So why say that last part when its not necessary. If you won't submit because you think its a perjury trap then just say you won't submit.

What I am trying to figure out is does Rudy think there is some benefit (political spin?) to saying 'perjury trap', as I cannot see it???

Let’s pretend you know I was talking about Clinton and we can skip these 3-4 unnecessary posts.

George W was not under oath. Neither was Cheney. I believe they even set a special condition where they didn't even have to testify separately. You know, for support, and totally not to make sure their stories lined up.

LOL, and y'all think Trump's lawyers are requesting fishy shit.

I get why an attorney would say 'my client won't submit to questioning'.

I don't get why an attorney would say "my client won't submit because we know its a perjury trap'.

Those are very different things the second suggests he has lied in the past OR will lie when questioned. So why say that last part when its not necessary. If you won't submit because you think its a perjury trap then just say you won't submit.

What I am trying to figure out is does Rudy think there is some benefit (political spin?) to saying 'perjury trap', as I cannot see it???

The “perjury trap” plays into their “witch hunt” theme. Basically saying it’s only purpose is to try to get trump to say anything - anything - under oath that they can prove false no matter how irrelevant and then roll out the perjury and impeachment train. Hence my, “you had coffee on Thursday but said it was Wednesday! Perjury!” example.

I had a comment in this thread that was perfectly on topic, but it was deleted.

The only reason would be disagreement with the content I presented.

No wrongdoing will come back on the President.

Paul Manafort isn't the President. Paul Manafort doing something illegal or immoral isn't going to result in President Trump being impeached.

Donald Trump Jr. isn't the President. President Trump is not responsible for the individual actions any person other than himself.

We're almost two years into an investigation without a signal scrap of evidence for the original purpose of this investigation. If actual dirt on President Trump existed, it would have been leaked long ago. A story like that is too big, and too juicy to not get leaked to somebody.
Tell that to Trump's Twitter account. At the end of all of this his own messages might be what brings him down. :D

The “perjury trap” plays into their “witch hunt” theme. Basically saying it’s only purpose is to try to get trump to say anything - anything - under oath that they can prove false no matter how irrelevant and then roll out the perjury and impeachment train. Hence my, “you had coffee on Thursday but said it was Wednesday! Perjury!” example.
That's a good way of showing why people are scoffing at Rudy's nonsense here.

You have finally reached your final form of straw man.

"Yeah, Donald Trump is an objectively terrible and corrupt president by any metric, but hey it's better than my hypothetical scenario of the country being a giant terrorist compound."
If there's something both parties should value it's democracy. This joker doesn't mind an adversarial state choosing for us so long as it's his guy that steals the election. :rolleyes:

Yeah, we either have a compulsive liar for president that is unable to tell the truth even under oath, or a criminal that would be unable to tell the truth without incriminating himself.

Lying about when you got a cup of coffee is just the type of thing that gets a president impeached... :rolleyes:

Either that or Rudy just missed being in the spotlight. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back