Mid-air Collusion (Mueller Thread v. 19)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed..

It makes me lols when people complain about how long this has been going on..

Very short amount of time if you are familiar with the judicial system.
It's a conscious hyperbole storm in a thinly veiled, intelligence-insulting effort to spin the fuck out of anything they can.
This POTUS is exactly the disaster I predicted.

It's a conscious hyperbole storm in a thinly veiled, intelligence-insulting effort to spin the fuck out of anything they can.
This POTUS is exactly the disaster I predicted.

I enjoy how Trump and his team are trying to play the 8 Mile card...

Hey! Let's tell the public everything we did before, at the beginning of the battle..

So when it's their turn, everyone already knows everything they have to say..

Boom!!

We win the battle..

I don't see how. The trials aren't connected.

Because if they can fix on a solid strategy to discredit the witnesses, they can take that strategy to the other trials. And without some kind of Manafort conviction, it's a steeper hill to climb regarding the administration itself.

It's definitely a high stakes case for Mueller and his team.

When a foreign agent contacts you offering intelligence on your political rivals as a patriotic America you would go to the FBI not pencil them in for noon the following week.

A President's legal team should know that much, but it's become increasingly clear the Trump's legal team was quite incompetent too.

Only the best people......

Only the best people......
im-21107

Because if they can fix on a solid strategy to discredit the witnesses, they can take that strategy to the other trials. And without some kind of Manafort conviction, it's a steeper hill to climb regarding the administration itself.

Do you think that assessment is closer to actually is, is perceived to be, or both?

It seems that Trump is getting shook and becoming more unhinged as the investigation closes in.

That or he just had a bad round of golf this morning...

Not to mention all testimony given in this trial can be introduced to impeach the witnesses in the second trial.

Any contrary testimony they previously gave will come in.

I had a comment in this thread that was perfectly on topic, but it was deleted.

The only reason would be disagreement with the content I presented.

No wrongdoing will come back on the President.

Paul Manafort isn't the President. Paul Manafort doing something illegal or immoral isn't going to result in President Trump being impeached.

Donald Trump Jr. isn't the President. President Trump is not responsible for the individual actions any person other than himself.

We're almost two years into an investigation without a signal scrap of evidence for the original purpose of this investigation. If actual dirt on President Trump existed, it would have been leaked long ago. A story like that is too big, and too juicy to not get leaked to somebody.
No wrongdoing? He's already lied on behalf of Jr when he on Air Force 1 crafted the statement Jr was going to give regarding the tRUmp Tower meeting

If you don't think that's a big deal, here's the Nixon similarity from Articles of Impeachment
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment_process_against_Richard_Nixon

Article I alleged in part: ...

Subsequent thereto, Richard M. Nixon, using the powers of his high office, engaged personally and through his close subordinates and agents, in a course of conduct or plan designed to delay, impede, and obstruct the investigation of such illegal entry; to cover up, conceal and protect those responsible; and to conceal the existence and scope of other unlawful covert activities.(similar tRUmp asking Sessions to end Mueller probe and all of the attacks on dept of justice)

Article II alleged in part that Nixon:

repeatedly engaged in conduct violating the constitutional rights of citizens, impairing the due and proper administration of justice and the conduct of lawful inquiries, or contravening the laws governing agencies of the executive branch and the purposed of these agencies

Yeah that's Nixon level just from what we know in public. tRUmp is entangled already .

Some great quotes from Republican William Cohen during the House's judiciary committee debate on articles of impeachment

I have been faced with the terrible responsibility of assessing the conduct of a President that I voted for, believed to be the best man to lead this country, who has made significant and lasting contributions toward securing peace in this country, throughout the world, but a President who in the process by actor acquiescence allowed the rule of law and the Constitution to slip under the boots of indifference and arrogance and abuse.

How in the world did we ever get from the Federalist papers to the edited transcripts?

Conspiracies are not born in the sunlight of direct observations," he said. "They are hatched in dark recesses, amid whispers and code words and verbal signals, and many times the footprints of guilt must be traced with a search light of probability, of common experience." Moreover, circumstantial evidence is admissible in trials, Cohen noted, and it is often persuasive. He cited as an example that someone who had gone to sleep at night when the ground was bare and awoke to find snow on the ground could reasonably conclude that snow had fallen while he slept.

Listening to the first episode of "Slow Burn," the recent Watergate podcast series.

I didn't really know much about Martha Mitchell (wife of Nixon confidant/cabinet member, knower of secrets). I found it really interesting that the former FBI agent who kidnapped and assaulted her to keep her from the press (Steve King) became one of Trump's ambassadors.

Extreme vetting.

Last edited:
Manafort will not be found guilty of conspiracy to commit tax fraud. TTTTB.

Not ideal, but better than democrats inviting in terrorists that train American children to commit jihad.

PS, LOL at all the comments here. Y’all never get tired of looking like fools

You have finally reached your final form of straw man.

"Yeah, Donald Trump is an objectively terrible and corrupt president by any metric, but hey it's better than my hypothetical scenario of the country being a giant terrorist compound."

You have finally reached your final form of straw man.

"Yeah, Donald Trump is an objectively terrible and corrupt president by any metric, but hey it's better than my hypothetical scenario of the country being a giant terrorist compound."
*cough cough School of the Americas cough cough cough*

Someone help a lowly Canadian watching this from a far and not paying attention to great detail how Rudy's argument that Trump should not sit with Muller because its simply 'a perjury trap' helps Trump?

Is he not just admitting that Trump will lie and has lied in the past?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back