Michael Phelps physical advantage is GREAT, but in MMA (Jones) is not fair. WHAT!?

As long as you can make weight with no issues then the haters really have no clue of what they're talking about. Too big for a weight class, puh-lease. What does that even mean?

i am a jones hater and think that he is a piece of shit, but this post is dead on

I think you'll find if Jones was in the HW division doing this everyone would be swinging from his nuts.

However, I point to Rumble Johnson back at WW, nearly killing guys. Everyone was a hater.

Jones is a big guy for his weight class, I watched the event 2 nights past, it was shocking just how big his back was, he looked like DC's big brother tossing him about.

Is Phelps the one who likes the middle aged heshe's?

Let the haters hate. Struve has already de-bunked that height and reach myth. Talent is talent no matter what size you are.

Phelps having webbed feet has been bitched about by people for a decade.

Combat sports, ball sports, Olympic sports are evaluated differently and have different communities, and within those "communities" people wildly vary on what they value most.

Some people want to see Rory MacDonald's that use superior technique to neutralize and defeat opponents of better athleticism (even though Rory is a very good athlete himself). Others want to see physical freaks decimate the competition with their freak athleticism.

In short, Jon Jones nut huggers need to stop being such fucking sensitive baby back bitches that whine about any perceive slight to their master and messiah. What someone says or thinks about Jon Jones should not effect your own self-worth. Stop living vicariously through the accomplishments of others.

The real question is: Would Jones be so successful if had a normal build?
Because,let's face it, the guy's a freak.

Cormier stated in the post fight conference tha his height wasnt the thing that made him hard to fight.

But you know...it must be his height.

WHY HAVE A PERFECT BODY TO FIGHT IS IN SHERDOG A REASON TO DISCREDIT CHAMPIONS ???
I don't think it is. And in the same manner, I don't understand why some people think that aknowledging the roles physical attributes plays in Jones' success is discrediting him. Attributes, skills and mind are all part of what constitutes a fighter.

Roop, Struve, Tim Elliot, and Cole Miller are only the dominant champions that we see today because of their clear physical advantages. It's cheating. Their size makes them unbeatable.

MarkHuntStefanStruve2-398x288.jpg

1073.jpg

20130830041512_5D3_2750.JPG

Manny-Gamburyan-vs-Cole-Miller.jpg

WHY HAVE A PERFECT BODY TO FIGHT IS IN SHERDOG A REASON TO DISCREDIT CHAMPIONS ???

Please explain that to me

Oh yeah. That is the most ludicrous fighter hate comment on here. It's like Commie eugenics from the guys who always got picked last.

I keep asking, but I can never get one of these chiefs to comment on the dirty cheaters who have more speed, or power, or a better chin, eye-hand coordination, a higher IQ...

The case of Jones winning just because he's taller with longer reach would maybe make a little bit of sense if Cormier didn't start his career at HW and only dropped down in weight because of his teammate being champion. Cormier beat the likes of Barnett and Big Foot who both are much taller and have more reach then he does.

Michael Phelps, everyone says he is the GOAT in swimming right ? there is even a documental about his physique because it is so much better adapted to swim compared to his oppenents (shor legs, big feets, etc) All that just make him better and even a bigger LEGEND.

But, when we have a fighter like Jones, with a body perfect to fight, long limbs, height, etc. Suddenly this is no good, and its not fair. WTF ?!!!??!

Bones Jones physical avantages are just another reason why he is so great, he is skilled, he is athletic, and his body is perfect to fight. Just another reason why he is s great.

Please explain that to me

Every other sport celebrates the physical advantages of athletes.

MMA has that skill beats brawn mentality carried over from martial arts, so to a lot of MMA fans having physical advantages seems dirty or unfair.

Phelps also has a rare condition where his body is able to hold more adrenaline I believe? Allowing his body to go further without tiring.

EDIT: Im unaware if this is true, take it with a grain of salt and research.

I've never understood people complaining about a fighter having good physical advantages. That is like a huge part of what the sport is about. You find out what your natural advantages are and and learn to utilize said advantages. Should guys that are naturally fast have to fight slow now because it's no fair they are so fast? Should guys that are really strong need to hold back their punching power because it is no fair that they hit really hard? It's silliness. Anyone complaining that Jones has an unfair advantage really mean, "I don't like Jon Jones, I really want to see him lose, but unfortunately, that probably isn't going to happen soon, so since I won't get to see him lose I need to try anything I can to not validate how damn good he is."

As I've said before, Gus, Weidman and also Rockhold have tremendous size advantages yet their careers aren't discredited. It seems that only certain fighters in particular have their achievements discredited due to size reach or "explosiveness".
Ok this is just an observation but it just so happens that everyone you name is white. Not saying people might be racist but......

Every other sport celebrates the physical advantages of athletes.

MMA has that skill beats brawn mentality carried over from martial arts, so to a lot of MMA fans having physical advantages seems dirty or unfair.

It seems to me that that mentality did NOT carry over.

"Skill beats brawn! But he has too much Brawn and that is unfair!"

Back