Michael Phelps physical advantage is GREAT, but in MMA (Jones) is not fair. WHAT!?

Jones may have the perfect body for MMA but he also uses it well. He's smart, focused and wants to be the best. When you have that mindset, you are going to do amazing things. Jones' mental game is just as important and his physical gifts.

Struve could be the most dominant heavyweight in history if he had the brain of Jon Jones. Struve could literally teep kick his way to decision wins or wrap guys up on the ground with ease. Instead, he doesn't use his range and likes to get into brawls.

You have to be able to use the gifts you are given.

Jones does not have perfect body, there is no perfect body.... on the inside he should be totally useless... but he dominates there too with elbows, control and trips.

Phelps doesn't eyepoke the other competiters before they dive

You should not take away Jones skills, his heart and all his hard work

Toughest motherf on the planet Cain Velasquez standing barrely 6 ft 0,8

Ok this is just an observation but it just so happens that everyone you name is white. Not saying people might be racist but......

You got the message but in reverse.

In MMA, if a white fighter is physically gifted he doesn't get his career discredited.

If a Black fighter is physically gifted his career is discredited aka the explosive trope or Jones reach whining.

MMA fans always bitch about Black Champions regardless, so.....

Ok this is just an observation but it just so happens that everyone you name is white. Not saying people might be racist but......

I can't really go with you on this specific observation, but there is a lot of racism at work in the JBJ hate. Actually, there's a distressing amount of racism on the site in general. (Do searches for a few of the more loaded words and it's surprising.)

Such is life. But it's lame as hell.

I can't really go with you on this specific observation, but there is a lot of racism at work in the JBJ hate. Actually, there's a distressing amount of racism on the site in general. (Do searches for a few of the more loaded words and it's surprising.)

Such is life. But it's lame as hell.

Whatever bad thing Jones has done has been matched with other fighters.

For example, many sherdoggers hate Jones or Mayweather (in boxing) for being cocky but love McGregor or Sonnen for doing the same. This crap happens far too often to not be a mere coincidence.

Phelps also has a rare condition where his body is able to hold more adrenaline I believe? Allowing his body to go further without tiring.

EDIT: Im unaware if this is true, take it with a grain of salt and research.
Never heard this, but Phelps' ankles are double jointed which makes his feet basically a like a fin. Also he has slightly webbed toes.

Dude is basically Aquaman.

Comparing the most decorated Olympian of all time to Jon Jones? :icon_lol:

GTFO

Whatever bad thing Jones has done has been matched with other fighters.

For example, many sherdoggers hate Jones or Mayweather (in boxing) for being cocky but love McGregor or Sonnen for doing the same. This crap happens far too often to not be a mere coincidence.

Absolutely. Very long, undistinguished history of American sports fans being racist as shit when black people start to have big success in primarily white sports. Obviously, it's a lot better now than it was 60 years ago, but it still sucks.

arguably the best ever in their respective sports.

Phelps is the best ever in his sport, there's no arguably. He isn't just an Olympian, he isn't just a medalist, he isn't just a gold medalist, he's the most successful Olympic athlete to ever live. He has literally twice the amount of gold medals that the 2nd most successful Olympic athlete of all time won. With Jones, there is no such difference. Many people, myself included, would still put a couple different fighters over him GOAT status (though in his division he is the GOAT). It's about as lame as comparing Jones to Ali just because they're both black and successful athletes.

Absolutely. Very long, undistinguished history of American sports fans being racist as shit when black people start to have big success in primarily white sports. Obviously, it's a lot better now than it was 60 years ago, but it still sucks.

Visit the pro boxing scene sometime. There are more racist black fighters than there are white. Floyd Mayweather won't acknowledge white fighters being successful in the sport and always says that they can't box. Last I checked there were some white champions (like the current, long-reigning Heavyweight champion) and before that a long history of successful white champions. Bernard Hopkins is no better, he's openly racist and he said he'd "never lose to a white boy like you" against Calzaghe when they fought (and he did lose to that "white boy" despite being old when they fought). Bernard just got his ass kicked badly by a Russian, Kovalev. So, what goes around comes around. Very talented guy though, just a bigot.

Height and reach are acceptable in MMA as long as you don't use them to win! Semmy Schilt didn't have any haters...

Visit the pro boxing scene sometime. There are more racist black fighters than there are white. Floyd Mayweather won't acknowledge white fighters being successful in the sport and always says that they can't box. Last I checked there were some white champions (like the current, long-reigning Heavyweight champion) and before that a long history of successful white champions. Bernard Hopkins is no better, he's openly racist and he said he'd "never lose to a white boy like you" against Calzaghe when they fought (and he did lose to that "white boy" despite being old when they fought). Bernard just got his ass kicked badly by a Russian, Kovalev. So, what goes around comes around. Very talented guy though, just a bigot.

He was referring toward fans.

When it comes to racism fans in boxing scene are the absolute worst outside of soccer/football fans.

Look up any Mayweather youtube comment thread and tell me Black fans are the most racist. Look up any White fighter koing a Black fighter and read the comments then compare to a Black fighter koing a White fighter.

Also being a McGregor fan you have some nerve whining about Jones' cockiness.

the reality of it...weight is the best standard to decipher categories - the guys that can take advantage of it, will prosper for the most part.

As I've said before, Gus, Weidman and also Rockhold have tremendous size advantages yet their careers aren't discredited. It seems that only certain fighters in particular have their achievements discredited due to size reach or "explosiveness".

lol. Or it could be that none of those fighters are talked about as GOAT candidates, but go ahead and make it all about race.

btw I'm not sure what universe you live in where Weidman's accomplishments aren't routinely and inanely discredited

He was referring toward fans.

When it comes to racism fans in boxing scene are the absolute worst outside of soccer/football fans.

Look up any Mayweather youtube comment thread and tell me Black fans are the most racist. Look up any White fighter koing a Black fighter and read the comments then compare to a Black fighter koing a White fighter.

Also being a McGregor fan you have some nerve whining about Jones' cockiness.

No, Bernard told Calzaghe that to his face. He's been one of the most vocal racists in boxing for years, same with Floyd (and his father). This is well known. Just because a bunch of tards on YouTube are making racist comments about videos doesn't mean shit, they're not pro boxers, and they're not well known and successful established in the sport. Mayweather and B-Hop are two all-time greats.

lol. Or it could be that none of those fighters are talked about as GOAT candidates, but go ahead and make it all about race.

btw I'm not sure what universe you live in where Weidman's accomplishments aren't routinely and inanely discredited

Weidman is roughly the same size as Schaub and I've heard no use Weidman's size as a discrediting point. Also I never hear anyone saying Weidman must move up because he's too big and it's not fair for other fighters.

However it's a problem when Jones is too tall and Mighty Mouse is too small.

Back