Michael Phelps physical advantage is GREAT, but in MMA (Jones) is not fair. WHAT!?

Boxing? I didn't mention boxing, chief. It's not an example of what I'm talking about. Boxing has probably been fully integrated longer than any other pro American sport.

No shit, sherlock. You mentioned that blacks still get a lot of hate for being successful in "white sports" and I let you know that the reverse is also true by using boxing as an example. You gave no example, you just stated the shit without giving one.

You might want to think about why you jumped over the facts and thrust of the post to the conclusion of guilt for something about which you CLEARLY have a passionate and detailed complaint.

Jumped over the facts? Again, I let you know that the reverse is true as well so don't act like it's a one-way street, hoss. There are lots of racist people in this world of all colors. So now you know.

But I should be clear, I'm only talking about your mistaken read of the post. Please don't get the impression that your gripe is anything but a dingle-berry on the ass of society.

My mistaken read? Need me to quote you and explain your 'point' and why I countered it? White athletes get the same prejudicial racist treatment from other races, it isn't just blacks that experience it. Again, I gave a specific example of that. You didn't to back up your vague blanket claim.

You're drunk. He the best swimmer in the world. That's all. The fact that he can swim with a team, or swim on his back, or swim with his arms out to the side, or swim with them out in front, or swim for 100 meters, or 200 meters, etc, doesn't make him the most successful Olympian of all time. It just makes him a really great swimmer.

He's the most successful (meaning "decorated" and the records and quantity of them that he holds) Olympian of all time. Like I said.

Michael Fred Phelps II (born June 30, 1985) is an American swimmer and the most decorated Olympian of all time, with a total of 22 medals. Phelps also holds the all-time records for Olympic gold medals (18, double the second highest record holders), Olympic gold medals in individual events (11), and Olympic medals in individual events for a male (13). In winning eight gold medals at the 2008 Beijing Games, Phelps took the record for the most first-place finishes at any single Olympic Games. Five of those victories were in individual events, tying the single Games record. In the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, Phelps won four golds and two silver medals, making him the most successful athlete of the Games for the third Olympics in a row.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Phelps
What Karelin did, or Carl Lewis, or Usain Bolt, is more impressive than anything that Phelps has done.

If you value wrestling and running (sprinting) more then sure. I do, however, that doesn't erase what he's done in the Olympics and what he's accomplished. You can measure that success you know. Take a guess how.

But by your reasoning, none of those guys even make the top 20 list for most successful summer Olympians. Carl Lewis is the closest at number 22.

Carl Lewis was great, aside from the doping scandal. But Phelps is far more decorated in his respective sport.

You're seriously going to sit there and tell me that 75% of the best athletes ever to compete in the Olympic games were swimmers and gymnasts?

Give your head a shake.

A good number of the best athletes that do compete at the Olympic games are gymnasts. And there are probably tons of swimmers that aren't great athletes. I never compared Phelp's athleticism to any other athlete's, ever. I compared his accomplishments and nothing more. He is the most successful/decorated Olympic athlete in history.

...1 canoeist...

Fantastic! I didn't even know that was a thing.

Though... I bet the dirty cheat had some kind of genetic predisposition for yanking on his paddle harder than anyone in recorded history.

Eat that, Usain Bolt!

You are comparing an A-level athlete with an MMA fighter. Never go full retard. There is no comparison.

Anybody that complains about Jon Jones's physical abilities is a fuckin moron, and they have been exposed as such time and time again in the 6 months I've been on sherdog.

It's bad logic, and thats been proven. Move on.

Jones makes 205, its fair. Physical gifts etc is all just rubbish. Fighter's come in all shapes and sizes, Jones just makes best use of his tools

No shit, sherlock. You mentioned that blacks still get a lot of hate for being successful in "white sports"...

I'm flattered you took such time and care to respond, but I had to stop right there. You couldn't even make it two lines without misrepresenting my stance--to say nothing of a flat-out lie with the bogus quotation.

Or maybe you're just incredibly stupid--for a racist amoeba?

In any case. Please stop. I'm sorry your grandmother is tired of cleaning up after you, but none of us want to watch you rub feces on this wall either.

Absolutely. Very long, undistinguished history of American sports fans being racist as shit when black people start to have big success in primarily white sports. Obviously, it's a lot better now than it was 60 years ago, but it still sucks.

I misrepresented your statement, huh? I'm still waiting on _your_ example(s), btw. As for me being a 'racist amoeba', well, I'm not the one that brought this up or made the vague blanket statement about racial treatment of a particular race in sports. I replied to your crying here and gave you what's now known in America as 'reverse racism', with my particular example. Either back your statements/claims up or log off. Don't whine about shit you claim and then can't/won't even support.

He has an unfair advantage because he's a better fighter. Is not fair that the better fighter wins!!!!

I misrepresented your statement, huh? I'm still waiting on _your_ example(s), btw. As for me being a 'racist amoeba', well, I'm not the one that brought this up or made the vague blanket statement about racial treatment of a particular race in sports. I replied to your crying here and gave you what's now known in America as 'reverse racism', with my particular example. Either back your statements/claims up or log off. Don't whine about shit you claim and then can't/won't even support.

ibid

This is a slippery slope to going down Jimmy The Greek territory.

Race was never mentioned in this thread, as you're implying with what Jimmy 'the Greek' said about black athletes being genetically better suited to football,...

There's no doubt, Jones 'has' certain physical advantages, but the tear he is on, it surely can't be just because of his long limbs and freakish reach.

The man can take quite a punch, hence he's got a strong chin, and he's a great wrestler, and obviously pretty intelligent to learn so quickly and adapt.

I don't think jones size is unfair but if you think swimming against someone is the same as a fight your on some powerful drugs

why even bother with "haters"

The guy is absolutely beastly in the cage, all people can really 'hate' him on is petty crap. If anything this is just further proof of how great he is. All you have is that HEZ TOO TALL? AND A BIG MEANIE!!!? lol.

I don't get all you whiners...

Why do think it is a discredit to point out he has a reach advantage? It's just a fact.

Yes, that's exactly what is done here. It's just pointed out that he has a reach advantage....

Never once have I seen Jones' discredited because of his reach advantage.

That never happened........................................ lol seriously......

Fedor was a fighter who everyone respected because he did not have a size advantage over almost any of his opponents, yet beat them anyway

jones is the opposite, he is bigger than almost all his opponents

both are impressive but obviously one is moreso

Nobody on Sherdog gives a shit about swimming, we don't talk about it, why bring this up? I'm sure the same people who don't like Phelps would say the same shit about his physical gifts.

Race bait thread if I ever saw one.

Jones is the only fighter in the history of fighting to have a size advantage. Fact.

Phelps smokes weed, and since its a PED , PHELPS DOENST COUNT

The difference is Phelps doesn't use his gangly fingers to poke other swimmers in the eyes

Back