• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Michael Flynn charged with lying to the FBI

How does the pardon thing work with all these people close to Trump getting indicted?
Can turd Trump just pardon them until he himself ends up impeached? If Trump is found to have done illegal stuff dating back to the campaign can the Sheriff Arpaio pardon be retracted please?!
Mueller is smarts and won’t rely on the federal system to get guys like Manafort. Pardons only apply to federal laws. So if say Trump did pardon Manafort, mueller will make it so that Manafort will still see his day in court but at the state level. Where he can’t be touched by pardon. Most likely New York. Not sure about Flynn yet.
rj_mitte1.jpg

He can pardon anyone for Federal crimes but not state crimes. Not sure about Flynn but Manafort is also looking at money laundering so the state of NY could go after him and supposedly Mueller has been working with the state AG.

If Flynn is pleading and cut off contact with trump that indicates that Mueller has already gotten something from Flynn. Trump could still Pardon him but I'm not sure if that helps at all.
Just read this lol
<{jackyeah}>

flynn is charged with lying to the fbi .. so basically his credibility is shot and his words against trump, if any, mean nothing

Lying to the FBI about talking to Russians about colluding had nothing to do with an investigation about Russian collusion. Uh huh. Keep spamming and spinning your wheels.
Is it colluding when the election is over?

Is it colluding when the election is over?
I guess we'll see what comes out of his testimony, but it really doesn't look good that they're all lying about talking to Russians, doesn't it?

flynn is charged with lying to the fbi .. so basically his credibility is shot and his words against trump, if any, mean nothing
Ya not how it works

The memo is not proof. That is Comey's characterization of the meeting, nothing more. It could be completely accurate or totally false...we don't know. We do know that, based on his own testimony, that Comey intentionally and sneakily leaked them to the media with the specific purpose of sparking a special investigation. One his "brother in arms" Robert Mueller just conveniently happens to be the head of.

Even further the alleged comment Trump made to Comey was nothing more than an off hand remark and not a directive.

You gots nothing man.

I'm saying it doesn't matter when he lied...then or now. None of it has anything to do with Russian collusion and election meddling. And President elect Trump asking his National Security Adviser to contact Russia, along with everyone else, is not illegal nor inappropriate.

This entire narrative has been one big spin job that you guys have ate up every step of the way. Plus Mueller has to justify his investigation.

Ignore facts retard

Yes because this investigation was all about Flynn and Manafort lying to the FBI and not about Russian collusion and election meddling. Sounds legit.

Well then don't bring up the Comey memos and what not. Deal?

They didn't lie about talking to the Russians about colluding tho. And especially in the case of Flynn he was talking to the Russians during the transition period.

Christmas%2BIsland%2BCrabs.gif

Lol. You scramblin', bruh.

Is Flynn expected to serve time in prison?
I believe so yes but I wouldn't be surprised that doesn't happen providing certain other things transpire

They didn't lie about talking to the Russians about colluding tho. And especially in the case of Flynn he was talking to the Russians during the transition period.

So if it is true that Trump directed Flynn to speak to the Russians to let them know about the sanctions and to moderate their response and then fired Flynn when the media found out and painted it as Flynn had lied to Pence, what would you think about that?

Not once actually. But nice try.

These are a handful of results of people crushing your asinine comey-related derails. The search engine provides a couple dozen more. I stopped at 4 to avoid excessive redundancy.

Daft bullshit from you as usual, to wit:
"Asked whether he thought Trump had tried to obstruct justice or merely seek a way for Mike Flynn to save face,Comey replied: “I don’t think it’s for me to say whether the conversation I had with the president was an effort to obstruct. I took it as a very disturbing thing and very concerning, but that’s a conclusion that I’m sure the special counsel will work towards to try and understand what the intention was there and whether that’s an offence.”"

If you're talking about this bit,
"He also discussed a meeting in the Oval Office in February, when Trump allegedly cleared the room of officials, including the attorney general, and discussed the investigation into former national security adviser Michael Flynn’s links to Russia. “I hope you can let this go,” Trump allegedly said."
"“The reason I keep saying his words is, I took it as a direction. This is the president of the United States. I took it as a direction.”"
It's fucking obvious when he fired Comey and said himself it was over the investigation, that Comey was right when he says he took it as a directive because he obviously paid the price for ignoring it. You're going to have a hard time convincing me this isn't obvious to you.

Yeah. He wrote a memo in February disclosing Trump's pressure for him to lay off an investigation that he would be later fired for (in trump's own words.) He totally fabricated that memo from two months ago knowing that trump would 4-d chess his way into it.

And Comey asking for an under-oath Senate hearing to testify, well that reeks of a guy just bluffing.
Just regurgitating what Trump and his diehard supporters claim. Mueller isn't compromised, that is the opinion of such partisan hacks like you. He was the FBI director, which is a non-partisan position.

He is investigating collusion with the Russians. Mueller knows that Trump will stoop down to pardoning his co-conspirators so he is trying to head Trump off at the pass by looking at charges that could be used to flip Trump's underlings.

Ahh another rightwing narrative that is essentially false
https://www.snopes.com/comey-mueller-besties/

They had a working relationship, which is totally normal unless you think high ranking Washington officials should be in a coccoon.

You're exposing your bias and partisanship by downplaying their friendship and closeness. You're also ignoring the fact that Comey testified that this entire special council and investigation was his own personal masterplan. So Comey executes his plan to provoke a special investigation that his close friend and brother in arms is now running. Sorry but thats a conflict of interest.
You are making false claims. Ofcourse you rightwingers hate snopes because it exposes the lies you peddle.
https://www.snopes.com/comey-mueller-besties/
You are deliberately ignoring that Comey was a Republican for most of his life.He was deputy AG in the Bush admin. But all this doesn't matter because as soon as someone criticizes Trump or poses a threat to Trump's presidency, he should be villified and slandered , even if he is a republican

"Fishing", another term thrown about with reckless abandon by the same crowd who throw around the phrase "fake news" when they don't like what is being reported.

Who left Hillary off the hook? Comey or Mueller? Comey fired off a torpedo at Hillary camp at the 11th hour, which the Dems state sabotaged Hillary's presidency. It was the torpedo heard around America, and it might very well have been the nail in the coffin.

Rightwingers have never gotten tired of accusing their opponents of being communist, it is such a cliched trope.It was used ad-nauseum by the right against MLK and anti racists and is still being used by the right against anyone they perceive as being anti White Nationalist. Funny how the guy (Trump) who was/is strongly supported by Putin doesn't get called a communist but the people opposing Trump are. And for the record I do not have an issue with the US/Trump being friendly with Putin and I do not harbor anti Russian sentiments like NeoCons do.

. . .
Even if your allegations lined up; ie, that Comey knew Mueller would be appointed, that it was a per se leak, etc. . .
That still isn't a conflict of interest. Mueller isn't investigating Comey. That the investigation touches on Comey via six degrees of Kevin Bacon isn't sufficient to show a conflict of interest.

Nor are they best friends. They worked together.

There's so much bullshit in your argument it's unbelievable.

Second: Any level of friendship between Comey and Mueller would not be a "conflict of interest" because Comey is not the subject of investigation, has no financial stake in the investigation, isn't related to mueller, and "friendship" with someone tangentially related to an investigation is not a basis for a conflict. Please look at the actual conflict of interest laws before running off your mouth. Here they are:
https://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HU...counsel/Federal_Criminal_Conflict-of-Interest

Third: You have yet to establish any level of relationship between the two. Instead, you're just baiting to get a response so you can "gotcha" quote from a third party saying they were good friends when they worked together 22 years ago. Because you are insisting that there is a conflict of interest, the burden is on you to establish it.

So if it is true that Trump directed Flynn to speak to the Russians to let them know about the sanctions and to moderate their response and then fired Flynn when the media found out and painted it as Flynn had lied to Pence, what would you think about that?

That would be dishonest of Trump. But then again Flynn's credibility is pretty shot tho isn't it?

This is all good and well but the contention was not only that Russia interfered with our election but that Trump colluded with them.

The first point is a non starter. .. everybody knows Trump won fair and square because he put the work in the rust belt and Hillary was a shit candidate. Obama voters did not come out for her simple as that.

The second part of the equation, Trump collusion, has yet to even be alleged. Maybe it will be in the future but as of now we just have perjury which every unbiased person knows is just a Gotchya technicality. Not to mention Flynn was fired immediately by trump.

We'll see how this progresses but as of now this is a nothing burger. You know how I know? If the investigation ended here at this point... they were unable to find any other wrongdoing, Trump haters would not be the least bit satisfied. For the foaming at the mouth hater crowd, it's Trump impeached or fail. Anything short of that and he's still gonna be in the Oval Office razzing you for the next 3-8 years.

This doesn't sound stupid at all

I guess we'll see what comes out of his testimony, but it really doesn't look good that they're all lying about talking to Russians, doesn't it?

True, but seems weird that Trump's transition team would need Flynn to make contact in December if they were already colluding prior to November. Could have been for show (though Trump's team never acted that smart before) but if it was all for show for Flynn's sake then he knows nothing else, if it was for show for anyone else seems weird he would later lie about it

These are a handful of results of people crushing your asinine comey-related derails. The search engine provides a couple dozen more. I stopped at 4 to avoid excessive redundancy.

I'm sorry you wasted your time searching and compiling weak arguments that do nothing to bolster your claim.

Back