Michael Bisping

Bisping could become a champion. He's a very talented fighter and Anderson isn't getting any younger. Father time will catch Anderson soon and it could be as early as Bisping vs Anderson.

That's not going to happen dude.

Style wise, he is the perfect fighter for Silva

just saying though - since everyone feels the way you do, and everyone hates bisping, it might be the craziest thing that ever happened in mma

If he's still in his prime with Silva retires, he has a legit chance at being Champ tbh.

He is right..he will still be fighting after Anderson retires.

Anderson is not a better wrestler than Bisping by any stretch of the imagination, and controlling Anderson while not getting subbed is all Bisping has to do to win this. I'm not saying it's likely but it's certainly possible.

By any stretch of the imagination? How about by facts?

Anderson Silva takedown defense: 70%
Anderson Silva takedown offense: 78%

Michael Bisping takedown Defense: 62%
Michael Bisping takedown offense: 46%

Are those figures in the UFC or his whole career? I can't remember the last time I saw Andy's takedown offense

Are those figures in the UFC or his whole career? I can't remember the last time I saw Andy's takedown offense

He took down Chael [the first takedown in their first fight, actually], hit a switch on Marquardt, and reversed a Cote takedown. Don't know if the switch and the reversal count as offense or defense though.

Just checked, Fightmetric is counting the switch and reversal as offense.

pretty much

sometimes it seems like bisping thinks hes a good sht talker like chael or someone - differnece is chael is clever and bisping is just a dck haha - and thats why everyone hates bisping and koscheck and other guys who pull the same sht

Am I actually reading this? In who's fucking world is Chael Sonnen's rehearsed, written by somebody else pro wrestling schtick clever? Bisping is at least funny, the Belcher and Munoz stuff he came out with was great.

Anderson racked up a lot of that percentage in the Leites and Maia fights, neither of those have top of the chain takedowns.

He took down Chael [the first takedown in their first fight, actually], hit a switch on Marquardt, and reversed a Cote takedown. Don't know if the switch and the reversal count as offense or defense though.

Just checked, Fightmetric is counting the switch and reversal as offense.

OK, thanks

Anderson racked up a lot of that percentage in the Leites and Maia fights, neither of those have top of the chain takedowns.

Leites' takedown offense isn't great, and him flopping was a disaster. But Maia has fantastic takedowns. He threw Sonnen like a rag doll. Maia has taken down every opponent he's beaten.

Fun fact though, Maia was unable to take down every guy he's lost to.

Leites' takedown offense isn't great, and him flopping was a disaster. But Maia has fantastic takedowns. He threw Sonnen like a rag doll. Maia has taken down every opponent he's beaten.

Fun fact though, Maia was unable to take down every guy he's lost to.

Maia has some good takedowns when he's on his game, and his takedown of Sonnen was very impressive, but people tend to forget that Bisping and even Anderson took Sonnen down.

^^^ Silva is better at Bisping in every aspect of MMA

Really? You think Anderson has better cardio or wrestling? I agree that Anderson is the better fighter by a fairly significant margin but lets not get carried away with ourselves.

Maia has some good takedowns when he's on his game, and his takedown of Sonnen was very impressive, but people tend to forget that Bisping and even Anderson took Sonnen down.

I love how you say "even" Anderson.

This whole "Anderson has bad wrestling" shit has been proven wrong time and time again. Every person he's ever tried to takedown, he's gotten down. How does that equate to him having bad wrestling?

Not to mention, Sonnen's overall takedown defense is 71%, so let's no go off pretending like it's easy to get him down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back