Mexico, a Superpower?

ahahahaha

the next 100 years is a good book, bu the mexico part is very off so far.

Mexico, straight up becoming more powerful than the US, is just silly.

However, some of those scenarios involving tensions, secession movements, spillover of the Mexican Drug Lord problem (that the US primarily created, of course) are quite possible.
One definitely could argue for Mexico (somewhat indirectly) possibly being the biggest threat to America over the next 100 years.

Shaq-points-laughs-and-leaves-press-conference.gif

Mexico and the US will be one.

Huh? Really? I don't think so

Anyone who is saying they can't see it happening, Or they don't think so is clearly not remembering that world war 2 wasn't even 100 years ago, and look how much that changed the balance of the world.

ANYTHING can happen in 100 years.

of the drug trade yes, considering how much that is worth id say theyre powerful

Mexico, u.s.a. & Canada will eventually combine voltron style to form the north American union.

Then everyone can enjoy Canadian beer and mexican weed.

Mexico, u.s.a. & Canada will eventually combine voltron style to form the north American union.

Then everyone can enjoy Canadian beer and mexican weed.

Canada already has the weed covered, at least in BC. You'll be able to get it from the North and the South.

But yes, the North American Union is being set up sort of like the EU is already.

One definitely could argue for Mexico (somewhat indirectly) possibly being the biggest threat to America over the next 100 years.

I think that the US is a threat to itself even bigger than Mexico is or ever will be.

Canada already has the weed covered, at least in BC. You'll be able to get it from the North and the South.

But yes, the North American Union is being set up sort of like the EU is already.

I've heard that the North American Union is not likely to fully for with a currency and all because there is no need. Economic integration is already where it needs to be. I'm no economist though.

Anyone who is saying they can't see it happening, Or they don't think so is clearly not remembering that world war 2 wasn't even 100 years ago, and look how much that changed the balance of the world.

ANYTHING can happen in 100 years.

Actually, the geopolitical world hasn't changed that much in a hundred years, and even the rise of China was anticipated by more insightful commentators a century ago who understood back then that China's weakness was artificial.

Mexico is a mid-tier, medium-sized country with scanty human resources. It's not going anywhere near superpower status unless it somehow joins itself to the U.S.

I've heard that the North American Union is not likely to fully for with a currency and all because there is no need. Economic integration is already where it needs to be. I'm no economist though.

Certainly NAFTA was a big step to create a free trade zone, but I think the ultimate goal is to drop the borders to allow free flow of people like the EU.

The policies enacted are encouraging large migrations from Mexico to the US and eventually just due to demographics the desire for a border there will wane over time. Then notice that the Southern Mexico border isn't open..

It's still progressing, so I could see a single currency at some point. Just like the Euro. I don't think the policy makers will just stop, when there is further integration work that can be done.

Last edited:
the next 100 years is one of my favorite books eva!

Mexico will indeed become America's biggest threat in the future. It was a large natural resources, technology from the United States, an emerging technological class, and having millions of sympathetic people in the US and on it's porous border makes them potentially Americas greatest threat in the next 200 years.

IF they went to war, obviously America would "win", but given their geographical proximity and number of Mexicans in America, they could make it a long, bloody war.

Now i don't think Mexico will become a super power per say, but they more than any other country has the potential to harm America.

That's why it is key to maintain good relations with them. Keep'em nice like Canada.

video cliffs on the book

Mexico is actually a middle-income nation with fairly high indexes of human development. They're about on par with a lot of Eastern and Southern European nations when it comes to this.

Add to this their massive size (130 million) and they could really be a force.

Back