Mexico, a Superpower?

If Mexico and America went to war they better double the amount of out houses at the female camps.

Certainly NAFTA was a big step to create a free trade zone, but I think the ultimate goal is to drop the borders to allow free flow of people like the EU.

The policies enacted are encouraging large migrations from Mexico to the US and eventually just due to demographics the desire for a border there will wane over time. Then notice that the Southern Mexico border isn't open..

It's still progressing, so I could see a single currency at some point. Just like the Euro. I don't think the policy makers will just stop, when there is further integration work that can be done.

Just shooting in the dark here but would you say the appearance of an Amero currency could happen as a direct result of a collapse in the petrol dollar? Seems like that would be a good alternative as some countries (minus Gaddafi now lol) would like to undermine the us dollar as the world reserve currency.

Just shooting in the dark here but would you say the appearance of an Amero currency could happen as a direct result of a collapse in the petrol dollar? Seems like that would be a good alternative as some countries (minus Gaddafi now lol) would like to undermine the us dollar as the world reserve currency.

It's certainly a possibility.

If I was a policy maker and wanted to bring in a new currency, I would certainly consider something like that.

I saw Mexico and superpower in the same sentence. Thought I was in a YLYL thread.

Add to this their massive size (130 million) and they could really be a force.

I see you're adding Mexican-Americans to the population count.

Mexico doesn't have the smarts to be a force. Name a single Mexican scientist of note. To be a superpower, you have to be on the cutting edge of technology and science, and that will never happen with Mexico.

Mexico doesn't have the smarts to be a force. Name a single Mexican scientist of note.

ron-simmons-damn-o.gif

They will for certain take California, otherwise known as Mexi-Cali lots of good food at every corner so not all is bad. :icon_chee

Reminds me of the guy back in the 1990s who predicted the next great war would be between the USA and Japan.

Jesus fuck, has anyone actually read OP's link?

The arguments are absolutely idiotic. So the Latinos living in the US will start a secessionist movement back to Mexico?? And there will be an armed revolt which will get the Mexican army involved? Nevermind that that has zero support now, and nevermind that non-Mexican Latinos comprise over 1/3 of all Latinos.

That shit seems straight out of a White Nationalist newsletter that Cold Front subscribes to. "They're coming to git us! They want to re-install Aztlan because that's what their Aztec prophecies say!"

Shame on TS for linking such garbage. And shame on those of us who replied without closely reading what it says first.

Mexico is actually a middle-income nation with fairly high indexes of human development. They're about on par with a lot of Eastern and Southern European nations when it comes to this.

Add to this their massive size (130 million) and they could really be a force.

That's all it's really about (China, India, Japan)

Stability is the other factor, need to get rid of those drug cartels

That's all it's really about (China, India, Japan)

China and India both have ten times the population that Mexico has.

Japan is around the same size as Mexico, but much, much richer - and there's no evidence Mexico has what it takes to close the gap, unless Japan stops breeding altogether.

China and India both have ten times the population that Mexico has.

Japan is around the same size as Mexico, but much, much richer - and there's no evidence Mexico has what it takes to close the gap, unless Japan stops breeding altogether.

In the next hundred years, a lot could happen.

In the next hundred years, a lot could happen.

A hundred years ago, these were the largest national economies on the planet, according to the economist Angus Maddison.

1. United States

2. China

3. Germany

4. Russia

5. U.K.

6. India

7. France

8. Italy

9. Japan

10. Spain

And today?

1. United States

2. China

3. Japan

4. Germany

5. France

6. U.K.

7. Brazil

8. Russia

9. Italy

10. India

So there's been some switching of names and some changes to the list, but there's also been a strong consistency we should expect to continue.

A hundred years ago, these were the largest national economies on the planet, according to the economist Angus Maddison.
1. United States

2. China

3. Germany

4. Russia

5. U.K.

6. India

7. France

8. Italy

9. Japan

10. Spain

And today?

1. United States

2. China

3. Japan

4. Germany

5. France

6. U.K.

7. Brazil

8. Russia

9. Italy

10. India

So there's been some switching of names some changes to the list, but there's also been a consistency we should expect to continue.

Fair enough, but those nations are also experiencing big changes. Wealth inequality, demographics, globalization, diminishing resources (water), you name it. Things are changing extremely fast.

Anyone who is saying they can't see it happening, Or they don't think so is clearly not remembering that world war 2 wasn't even 100 years ago, and look how much that changed the balance of the world.

ANYTHING can happen in 100 years.

Agreed....200+ years ago the Mexicans were saying

"what kind of pissant country is America....and who do all these gringos that keep showing up think they are ?"

Fair enough, but those nations are also experiencing big changes. Wealth inequality, demographics, globalization, diminishing resources (water), you name it. Things are changing extremely fast.

They experienced similarly large changes in the last century. I mean, what countries have faced more changes than China and Russia over the last one hundred years?

Yet they still sit near the top.

They experienced similarly large changes in the last century. I mean, what countries have faced more changes than China and Russia over the last one hundred years?

Yet they still sit near the top.

China is certainly a poster child for dramatic change. The world has not seen the type of changes that are occurring now though on a global scale.

I foresee a global feudal society with the wealth held by a tiny minority of people within the next 100 years.

Time will tell!

Back