• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social Meteorologist Fired For On Air “Racist Remark”

Some won’t be happy until we have a minority report style society. Pretty soon your thoughts will get you in trouble.

Sometimes jibberish can be interpreted as more that what it is by the easily triggered. That's called choosing to see the worst in people.

"Coon" ain't jibberish, it is a well know racist slur for Black people.
Martin Luther Coon isn't some new term this guy invented, it is also a well known racial slur for MLK Jnr.

In fairness to the people complaining, it's not "an obvious mistake" unless you're predisposed to give the benefit of the doubt, which I am, about a great number of things. Some people have good reason based upon personal experience to not give the benefit of the doubt in that situation. So, I can understand it, even if I don't agree.

Personally, I had/have a mild speech impediment and have on occasion tripped over my words, let alone learning English as a second language...

So I guess I have a slight bias in giving him the benefit of the doubt

Microbrew’s version of Godwin’s law. As discussion grows longer, microbrew will inevitably reference stormfront to defend his schizophrenic victimhood.

You gotta lay off the stormfront forums buddeh, you’re seeing racists n gnatzis everywhere.

When Stormfrontesque sentiments get expressed here, I am going to say it. We have people in here thinkibg that calling MLK Jnr a Coon is no big deal, if saying this isn't racist then nothing is racist.

Microbrew’s version of Godwin’s law. As discussion grows longer, microbrew will inevitably reference stormfront to defend his schizophrenic victimhood.

You gotta lay off the stormfront forums buddeh, you’re seeing racists n gnatzis everywhere.

Micro's Law.

"Coon" ain't jibberish, it is a well know racist slur for Black people.
Martin Luther Coon isn't some new term this guy invented, it is also a well known racial slur for MLK Jnr.

And you'd have a point if the mix up wasn't also a very plausible spoonerism. You have to be a fucking moron to believe this guy was willing to risk his entire reputation, career, and family by intentionally spitting out a racial slur while on air at work.

Last edited:
Context makes the story. Her reputation as being devout was ruined when many in her community assumed she casually swears, and that was without people suggesting it only makes sense if she swears at home.
To me, that casts "many in her community" in a very bad light.

White guy wants Confederate flag inside court house. Says "Martin Luther Coon" then says I shouldn't have said that, corrects himself and says "Martin Luther King" .

Skip to 1:35

This guy also had a slip of the tongue. But he had a slip of the tongue because he already thinks of MLK and or Blacks as "Coons".

Personally, I had/have a mild speech impediment and have on occasion tripped over my words, let alone learning English as a second language...

So I guess I have a slight bias in giving him the benefit of the doubt

Fair enough.. Dude's from the South and all those fuckers have a learning/speech impediment...

You have to be a fucking moron to believe this guy was willing to risk his entire reputation, career, and family by willingly spitting out a racial slur while on air at work.

I believe you just got to the heart of the matter concerning @MicroBrew.

If they're intentional, hell yes, but I'm not going to make wild assumptions and pretend I'm professor X thinking I can read this guy's mind.
Coon is a racial slur
Calling MLK Jnr as "Martin Luther Coon" is a racial slur.
If any of this needs to be explained , then says a lot about the people defending the use of the term "coon" . Non racist people don't go around calling MLK Jnr a Coon.

Wow at anyone pretending they could possibly know that wasn't a slip of the toungue.

The left shows itself to be the real threat of the rise of Hitler more everyday.

Guess what folks, fascist actions make fascists.

Hitler didn't tell his folks he was the bad guy.

Does this man have any history of racism or Neo-Nazi ties or miscellaneous behavioral improprieties?

This kind of thing is usually very easy to dismiss as a slip of the tongue. But the thing that makes it more complicated in this particular case is that what he said is a pretty common insult for MLK in the south and among racists in general. "Martin Luther C***" has been used since the 1960s, it's not something that was just accidentally created the other day.

So people can come to any conclusion they want here, I can see both sides. I lean towards cutting the guy slack, since there's no way to prove intent and it does seem like a potential slip. But I think people should at least approach with this with the understanding that a lot of Southern folk really do call him that, and it's not a random phrase that was just used for the first time. With that understanding, it does make it easier to believe it was not just jumbled words.
I agree that is the aspect of this that makes being certain either way pretty much impossible.
White guy wants Confederate flag inside court house. Says "Martin Luther Coon" then says I shouldn't have said that, corrects himself and says "Martin Luther King" .

Skip to 1:35

This guy also had a slip of the tongue. But he had a slip of the tongue because he already thinks of MLK and or Blacks as "Coons".

And indeed, this may have been on the weather guy's mind because he's a racist and it caused him to say that instead of saying his name correctly. Or he could just as easily have heard it somewhere and whether he holds racist beliefs or not, said it because the mind can do that to you at times. If you insist that there's no way this was totally innocent and accidental, you're on your own, I think.
Fair enough.. Dude's from the South and all those fuckers have a learning/speech impediment...
I don't think anyone is disputing that this guy may have heard the expression before. But is there any evidence that he approves of it?

I hope you 3 can see that the point here is that his intent cannot be ascertained with any certainty. Should he be fired anyway? If it were me, I'd say, take a look at my computer for yourself and see I do not frequent those sites and don't use racist terms. But I think we can all agree no one should be forced to do that short of a criminal proceeding.

Notice how damn near everyone in here, including the Liberals, see it as I do? You're the only one reaching for the case that it was intentional.

You are officially the Shaun King of Sherdog. Congrats.
And what is it that they are in agreement about, that this guy had a slip of the tongue? Well didn't I also say he did?
Are the liberals in here defending the use of the racial slur "Coon" to refer to MLK Jnr?

When Stormfrontesque sentiments get expressed here, I am going to say it. We have people in here thinkibg that calling MLK Jnr a Coon is no big deal, if saying this isn't racist then nothing is racist.

You have no self-awareness. You’re using the “islamophobia” version of victimhood, limitless and forever malleable. If you wouldn’t call out Muslims for the same shit you’re pulling, it wouldn’t be as hilariously ironic.

Coon is a racial slur
Calling MLK Jnr as "Martin Luther Coon" is a racial slur.
If any of this needs to be explained , then says a lot about the people defending the use of the term "coon" . Non racist people don't go around calling MLK Jnr a Coon.

No shit coon is a racial slur.

I'm merely disputing that he did it intentionally or it was a "Freudian slip" because, you know...we HAVE to assume he's racist, right?

some of you white libs...

Jesus...how do you look at yourselves in the mirror? does it feel good hating yourself, and thinking the worst of your people? is it Cathartic?

Back