• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social Meteorologist Fired For On Air “Racist Remark”

During an Evangelical baseball game where everyone involved was the fundamental type, a girl player who had a crush on one of the boys in her team cheered loudly whenever he got a hit. On a particular play in which he made a single, she decided to shout "nice shot", but changed it to "nice hit" mid thought, and tragically it came out as "nice sh*t". A true record scratching moment.

It sounds like a funny story but it was so devastating to her that it actually changed her life from the optics alone.
When I was a kid, I did something like that in front of my sister and my mother. I thought I would catch hell and they both laughed their faces off, even more so because of my reaction. I can't imagine being bothered by that for any length of time.

Talking about that, has anyone complaining about that guy ever talked into a microphone for a living? It's no where near as easy as it looks.

And now you're gonna play dumb about it being an obvious unintentional use of the word.

Like I said in the other thread, this is all you do here. Race bait and hate white people. Go fuck yourself.

The man made an obvious mistake, and several here profess to know what his true thoughts were, ...I mean.. wtf

Koonior is not the same as Coon

He clearly said " Martin Luther Coons "

And "Martin Luther Coon" isn't just a brainfart, it is a term that I have seen on far right sites, like Stormfront.

urban.png

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Martin Luther Coon
Well, if the next step is a screenshot of the guy's computer with sites like that in his browser history, then I'm on board. So far, I'm not convinced.

So you admit he said "Coon" and yet you think I am racist for criticizing someone who thinks MLK Jnr is a Coon. Your lack of self-awareness is astounding.
wtf is wrong with your brain. He clearly twisted his words. You really want a dudes life to be ruined because he twisted up some words?

The man made an obvious mistake, and several here profess to know what his true thoughts were, ...I mean.. wtf
wtf is wrong with your brain. He clearly twisted his words. You really want a dudes life to be ruined because he twisted up some words?
In fairness to the people complaining, it's not "an obvious mistake" unless you're predisposed to give the benefit of the doubt, which I am, about a great number of things. Some people have good reason based upon personal experience to not give the benefit of the doubt in that situation. So, I can understand it, even if I don't agree.

If he meant to say that yes it is.

If he miss spoke and stumbled on his words and it came out like that then it’s something different.

he misspoke and just so happen to be "coon"... ahahahah!!!...

Dude went to Purdue and worked down south for close to 20 years before landing that NY job in 2017. If he doesn't use the word "coon" he's at least been around people who use that word.

The word "coon" is definitely a southern word. That shit ain't used up here in the North. At least not around people I know for sure.

did he literally just watch Gran Torino backstage?

It's 2019

In this situation you should look at the employees character up until this event.
Does the action seem out of line with his character? if yes, suspend him.

But we live in a "blood-thirsty, mob mentality, either on my team or you can rot in hell" world, now.

The loony left strikes again. This time costing a reasonable productive member of society his job due to public smearing and outright Orwellian tactics.

Disgusting behaviour from the abhorrent left and their zombie like supporters. Hopefully this man receives some justice.

And now you're gonna play dumb about it being an obvious unintentional use of the word.

Like I said in the other thread, this is all you do here. Race bait and hate white people. Go fuck yourself.

So a White person saying MLK Jnr is a Coon didn't mean to say it. You think normal White people have this problem, where they go around accidentally saying Martin Luther Coon? The only people who would blurt it out accidentally is people who are around people who say it / say it themselves.

This post of yours is a prime example of your deep seated hatred you have against people who won't give racism a pass. The hypocrisy in your last sentence is staggering, just like your hypocrisy in attacking Rashida. This guy says Coon and you give him a pass but get pissed at me for not giving him a pass...unfucking Real !! Go ahead expose yourself more you racist pos.

That's one hell of an assumption

This kind of thing is usually very easy to dismiss as a slip of the tongue. But the thing that makes it more complicated in this particular case is that what he said is a pretty common insult for MLK in the south and among racists in general. "Martin Luther C***" has been used since the 1960s, it's not something that was just accidentally created the other day.

So people can come to any conclusion they want here, I can see both sides. I lean towards cutting the guy slack, since there's no way to prove intent and it does seem like a potential slip. But I think people should at least approach with this with the understanding that a lot of Southern folk really do call him that, and it's not a random phrase that was just used for the first time. With that understanding, it does make it easier to believe it was not just jumbled words.

I'm sure, in an effort to spite black people close to MLK weekend, this successful Nazi built up the courage to utter c**n on live television even knowing his entire social life and career would be inevitably destroyed in the aftermath.

Sounds legit.

This kind of thing is usually very easy to dismiss as a slip of the tongue. But the thing that makes it more complicated in this particular case is that what he said is a pretty common insult for MLK in the south and among racists in general. "Martin Luther C***" has been used since the 1960s, it's not something that was just accidentally created the other day.

So people can come to any conclusion they want here, I can see both sides. I lean towards cutting the guy slack, since there's no way to prove intent and it does seem like a potential slip. But I think people should at least approach with this with the understanding that a lot of Southern folk really do call him that, and it's not a random phrase that was just used for the first time.
Re. Bolded
That is exactly it.

The righties defending this guy are either self deluding or full of shit. "Martin Luther Coon" has been used often by racist Whites to refer to MLK Jnr. I have seen it on Stormfront and other rightwing sites.

Only people I've ever heard use the word "coon" are African-Americans.

And "Martin Luther Coon" isn't just a brainfart, it is a term that I have seen on far right sites, like Stormfront.

urban.png

HOLY SHIT!!!!

He tongue twisted into an ACTUAL racist term that is used in the South. hahaha!!!..

i woulda given him more benefit of the doubt if his word slipped into something that would appear like a real slip of the tongue like "The man coon (instead of could) have.." but this... yeah okay... lol

i don't think he shoulda been fired IMO but let's not pretend southern boys and gals don't still use racists terms down there heh?..

On the other hand, he's unable to do his job right. He has to read stuff out and can't do that right.
That could be grounds for termination.

So a White person saying MLK Jnr is a Coon didn't mean to say it. You think normal White people have this problem, where they go around accidentally saying Martin Luther Coon? The only people who would blurt it out accidentally is people who are around people who say it / say it themselves.

This post of yours is a prime example of your deep seated hatred you have against people who won't give racism a pass. The hypocrisy in your last sentence is staggering, just like your hypocrisy in attacking Rashida. This guy says Coon and you give him a pass but get pissed at me for not giving him a pass...unfucking Real !! Go ahead expose yourself more you racist pos.

Notice how damn near everyone in here, including the Liberals, see it as I do? You're the only one reaching for the case that it was intentional.

You are officially the Shaun King of Sherdog. Congrats.

When I was a kid, I did something like that in front of my sister and my mother. I thought I would catch hell and they both laughed their faces off, even more so because of my reaction. I can't imagine being bothered by that for any length of time.

Talking about that, has anyone complaining about that guy ever talked into a microphone for a living? It's no where near as easy as it looks.

Context makes the story. Her reputation as being devout was ruined when many in her community assumed she casually swears, and that was without people suggesting it only makes sense if she swears at home.

What are the odds that someone who doesn't say that word in private or think of Black people as Coons or hates MLK would say that word.

Normal people don't accidentally just say "Coon"
Sometimes jibberish can be interpreted as more that what it is by the easily triggered. That's called choosing to see the worst in people.

urban.png

Microbrew’s version of Godwin’s law. As discussion grows longer, microbrew will inevitably reference stormfront to defend his schizophrenic victimhood.

You gotta lay off the stormfront forums buddeh, you’re seeing racists n gnatzis everywhere.

Back