• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social Meteorologist Fired For On Air “Racist Remark”

deadshot138

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/met...-claim-uttered-racial-slur-air-174828228.html

This is getting out of hand. He said “what sounded like” a racial slur while saying “Martin Luther King Jr.”. He mixed the K with Jr and the PC police and perpetually offended came rushing in to ruin his life. I’ve only ever heard the “c word” used by AA’s Against each other. It was likely a slip up with no malicious intentions but people took to Twitter saying “the only reason the word came out must be because he uses it so much. The libs have a fetish for getting people fired, likely because they don’t know how important a job is to productive members of society.

Yeah. I just saw this.
Fucking disgusting that he lost his job and the mob is baying for blood.

It is really hard to believe that he said c**n on-air. Is that even a slur that's still in regular use over there?
Last time I heard someone say that as a racial slur, was about 20 years ago.

Oooooooooo but it was ACTUALLY a freudian slip!! Must have been!! Racist!!!

Ehhhhhh..... I dunno man..

Thats a hell of a slip up.

The look on his wife's face during the apology video said more than he did tho........

Yeah. I just saw this.
Fucking disgusting that he lost his job and the mob is baying for blood.

It is really hard to believe that he said c**n on-air. Is that even a slur that's still in regular use over there?
Last time I heard someone say that as a racial slur, was about 20 years ago.

Bro I use it all the time to describe Don Lemon and David Clarke.

Saw the video. Sounded like an honest slip of the tongue. He was trying to say "Martin Luther King Junior" but went "Martin Luther K-un King Junior." He somehow combined the "K" from "King" with the "Jun" from "Junior."

I believe the guy’s apology.

And this was not Justice. This was Social Justice.

Is anyone tired of Social Justice?

Last edited:

It's not really unbelievable. King + Junior = Koonior. People stumble over their words like that all the time. There are hundreds of videos of newscasters doing just that. This particular one just happened to merge into a racial slur. Someone could easily do a similar thing with a name like Nancy Sieger, or something. It happens.

That's what it sounds like happened anyways. I haven't seen the clip.

Does it still count as a racial slur if you say it?
Mostly a serious question, by the way.

The context in which I use it?

Oh hell yeah...

But it also serves as a warning to not trust them. Shit is like The Scarlet Letter.

You'd have to be very dim to think this dude did it in on purpose.

It's not really unbelievable. King + Junior = Koonior. People stumble over their words like that all the time. There are hundreds of videos of newscasters doing just that. This particular one just happened to merge into a racial slur. Someone could easily do a similar thing with a name like Nancy Sieger, or something. It happens.

That's what it sounds like happened anyways. I haven't seen the clip.

I aint picking a side yet.

Just laughing at the silliness.

Hell for all I know it could be a new form of white fear.

So scared of being labeled a racist, that you develop a kinda racism based Tourette's.

Crucify him ! , crucify him , crucify him , Cruciffyyy-a-yah him ! .

I listened. He definitely said the coconut word. He could have been tongue tied but it's more a fact that it still made the air. He's the scapegoat it's how it works. Low level goes 1st.

He's only a weather reporter he'll be fine.

The look on his wife's face during the apology video said more than he did tho........

Wife looks a bit like Julie Bowen,and he was just tongue tied. Being fired was bullshit,this world has lost its collective mind.

So easy a cavemang can do itt.

racisms

He says " Martin Luther Coon's king junior park"
So Coon is not a racial slur now??

It does seem like a slip of the tongue, which means he probably says or thinks of the word in private.

“He’s white so he is racist no matter what.

All white peoples want to say that and worse and if they don admit they are racist then that proves they are racist.”

It’s the stations right to fire him. Th esimple solution is to stop watch the channel and write a letter letting them know why.

Unless there is proof in some way that this guy is racist other then the above he should be given the benefit of the doubt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back