Meltzer: Early estimates for #182 - 740-820k

Yeah, I knew it'd do some great numbers. Would probably be more if Jones hadn't got injured when it was first booked.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's on the low end of the predicted margin. Better than what the UFC has been putting out.

It begs the question as to why they put it up against a NFL playoff game in the first place. If they did the fight this Saturday, I bet they could have pushed 1 MILLION buys.

Personally, I setup 2 tvs in my living room and watched bot the ppv and the NFL game.

It begs the question as to why they put it up against a NFL playoff game in the first place. If they did the fight this Saturday, I bet they could have pushed 1 MILLION buys.

Personally, I setup 2 tvs in my living room and watched bot the ppv and the NFL game.

The always do the Sat by New Years. I guess they could have done 12/28 though

That's a great number for a 1 fight card. Lets be honest, this was Jones-Cormier doing 99% of the buys, the rest of the fights were not big draws.

Good but bad

Anyone who actually looked at the card in detail knew some of the fights were going to be awful

Ufc put a lot of dead fights on the main card and it backfired

Most people won't tune in again who got hyped into this card and the main event

It was never going to hit higher than 800k
That's just a bs figure then again we are always given an estimate which has been bumped up also

"MMA has hit it's peak, UFC is killing the sport, MMA is dying"

I wonder how many more years this mindless bitching will go on for?

750 isn't that great. They put in ALOT of Hype behind this fight and in the old MMA market it would have def got 1 mil. So when people say MMA hit it's peak, They are pretty much right. I just find it funny how many posts are like yours.

750 isn't that great. They put in ALOT of Hype behind this fight and in the old MMA market it would have def got 1 mil. So when people say MMA hit it's peak, They are pretty much right. I just find it funny how many posts are like yours.

750k in this age of PPV is great
Look at any PPV numbers from last year
Paq's numbers were below that

Pretty much the point I was making. Paq also lost so it makes sense he won't be getting the PPV buys he once was getting.

Pac did marginally more against Bradley last year, the China show is the one that did weak numbers. Notice the UFC no longer even tries overseas PPVs.

It's a shame the card wasn't good.

Won't win any new fans with that one.

That ppv card was a decent card. Idk why people automatically label a card as bad just because of lack of finishes

Pretty much the point I was making.

Lol. WTF. That's the exact opposite of the point you were making.

Anyone who says 750k isn't great is a ratard.

:rolleyes:

Reading comprehension fail.

Well, explain to me how

750k isn't that great = 750k is great

because it really doesn't comprehendo.

I'm being serious too. don't just be a douche, explain it to me.

The old MMA market? Did that conveniently end one year ago? We're pretty much one year removed from UFC 168, which of course made over 1M buys.

Jones has never been one of the biggest draws so 750k is fantastic for him, but we're not that far removed from guys like GSP and Silva doing more than that.

Back