Meltzer: Early estimates for #182 - 740-820k

I thought it might go over 1 million. That fight was the most hyped fight I can ever recall.

The reality is we have NO fucking idea what the actual number will be, just what we're told by "industry insiders". Also the bigger question is how many will RETURN after that PPV...it was not a great imo.

Some "insiders" have a pretty good insight; the UFC still sends me internal data occasionally based on press credentials from 9 years ago.

We might not know the exact number, but we might be in the ball park.
That ball park Metzer established is a pretty big window.

Bleh this means well see more WWE type build up...hmm I must admit I was genuinely excited for Cormier vs Jones

The fight and card were extremely lack luster in my opinion.

Some "insiders" have a pretty good insight; the UFC still sends me internal data occasionally based on press credentials from 9 years ago.

We might not know the exact number, but we might be in the ball park.
That ball park Metzer established is a pretty big window.

Again, this is the EARLY estimate
Also Meltzer is usually insanely close
He uses same sources for WWE & they are a public company that has to release numbers

That's a profitable night if true. You had two guys in a larger weight class who seemed unbeatable. I actually thought the main event delivered.

Jones' star is at an all time high. The coke scandal is only helping. Jones and GOAT are the bright spots for 2015 UFC financials.

Meltzer (from his newsletter):
The early estimates on UFC 182 were that the show did between 740,000 and 820,000 buys, which is really impressive considering the Baltimore Ravens vs. Pittsburgh Steelers NFL playoff game did a 17.3 rating, which was 28 million viewers, which is an incredible number for a Saturday night television show and both were drawing mostly from the adult male demo.

The UFC 182 prelims did 1,039,000 viewers, the second best number since they moved to FS 1 in the summer of 2013. That was even more impressive when the entire show went against the playoff game. The show peaked at 1,346,000 viewers for the Paul Felder win over Danny Castillo.

-

Now remember these are EARLY estimates :p

It would habe been great if fights delivered.Those 800 000 people will never buy a ppv again after the most boring ppv card in a while.

It would habe been great if fights delivered.Those 800 000 people will never buy a ppv again after the most boring ppv card in a while.

You don't really believe that do you?

Too bad about the card. At least the FS1 viewers got to see Castillo get KTFO. The JBJ/DC fight was really good, even though they couldn't maintain that frantic pace for all five rounds. Still, the string of lackluster decisions leading up to the main event did kind of diminish it a bit.

The early estimates on UFC 182 were that the show did between 740,000 and 820,000 buys, which is really impressive considering the Baltimore Ravens vs. Pittsburgh Steelers NFL playoff game did a 17.3 rating, which was 28 million viewers, which is an incredible number for a Saturday night television show and both were drawing mostly from the adult male demo.

The UFC 182 prelims did 1,039,000 viewers, the second best number since they moved to FS 1 in the summer of 2013. That was even more impressive when the entire show went against the playoff game. The show peaked at 1,346,000 viewers for the Paul Felder win over Danny Castillo.

-

jones is a star, they should consider actually promoting the guy.

-

I don't even know WTF these numbers mean any more.

Ok...
1. So does that mean that X number of people watched it in the USA/Canada, or just USA?
2. How do they count it when a bar/restaurant shows the UFC?
3. How does the PPV revenue compare with international total revenue? Is the PPV 95%? 90%? 80%? Any lower and it's going to get silly to ONLY use the PPV figures as indications of success. (kind of like those morons who use P/E ratio alone when evaluating stocks. Or kind of like the morons who use a T/E ratio to test for PED's, but then allow anything from .15/1 all the way up to 14/1 based on medical reasons). I mean, if Asian and European broadcasting companies are paying a substantial portion vs the PPV rev, then why do we keep acting like PPV's are the only factor?

very impressive number.

good start to the year!!

unfortunately, as others pointed out, the card sucked. I really enjoyed the title fight but the rest was dull.

The NFL beat the prelims basically 28 to 1, and Dana would have us believe that the UFC will soon be on par with the NFL.

A playoff game compared to prelim card isn't exactly a fair fight, though.

Good numbers.

Hopefully they can pull out a few more solid events for this year because last year was a tough one altogether.

Is this good or bad for the UFC?

They had a bunch of people buy this PPV and it was horrible

Back