Melendez: Benson needs to beat me to be #1

Lol, robbing the Punk doesn't give you a shot at the number 1 lightweight in the world buddy.

Melendez hasn't done much to prove that's he's deserves the ranking he gets. Asides form beating a top five Aoki, and his top five status was debatable, he has beaten no one other than Josh Thompson.

even though i dont think gil is as good as top 5 in lw, and even though i dont think he "deserves" this fight immediately,

I still like the idea of champion vs champion unification bouts. My butthurt was 9000 when pettis lost to guida. pettis, who showed uncanny takedown defense against benson, gets laid on by guida. i still can't believe that fight turned out that way. I thought maybe guida could wall n stall him or hug his legs but he was getting the TD. smh

Especially after the ass whooping benson handed nate, and the horrible performance Melendez had against Thompson, I'm thinking Gil gets an ass beating in that one.

Hmmmmmm. I say Melendez vs Maynard, if he wins, give him Bendo, assuming he beats the Pettis/Cerrone winner.

I'm starting to dislike Gil.. Comes off as overly cocky for a guy that just won a BS decision

I still think Frankie is the best. 1-1 with him winning the latest fight.

No Melendez its the other way around.
But lets see Bendo vs Pettis 2 first.

Too much time in the 209 - he's hallucinating

gil will get smashed down to 145 by the guys in the ufc. i dont know how anyone can place him in the top 5 after not really fighting any top 10 guys. thompson pretty much won that last fight as well

Let pettis have his chance, but if he looses to the cowboy then let gil or someone else take it.

Gill I feel needs to face someone like maynard or top 3-5 before getting the champ imo.

I guess Bendo needs to beat Alvarez to prove he's number one too. Alvarez has a victory over Gil's highest ranked win (in much more impressive fashion), and Patricky Freire is as good as anyone else Gil has beaten.

Sorry, I like Gil but Bendo most certainly does not have to beat him to prove anything. If anything, Gil needs to get a couple UFC wins to prove he deserves a shot at Bendo's belt.

Back