Melendez: Benson needs to beat me to be #1

Let Gil fight Eddie Alvarez (he is UFC bound since i do not see Bellator matching) in a title eliminator to determine the real number one contender. However Pettis vs. Cerrone winner in January should get the next shot. Who else agrees with me?

Let Gil fight Eddie Alvarez (he is UFC bound since i do not see Bellator matching) in a title eliminator to determine the real number one contender. However Pettis vs. Cerrone winner in January should get the next shot. Who else agrees with me?

I think Eddie would beat Gilbert.

Lol @ Melendez, who has he beat? Holding some kinda D-League belt does not make you that "somebody" to beat to be considered as #1. Put him up against JLau or Maynard for a test.

I thought Benson was already #1. So why exactly does he need to beat Gil?

Yup, he never risks it, always played it safe, he has the ability to make it exciting, but he just can't take a risk

Right.

He's never dropped for guillotines or kimuras giving up position.

He's never dropped guys like Maynard and Bendo.

He's never finished guys like Bocek.

He never risks it? You sir, are the definition of idiot.

Correction:

Benson needs to beat Frankie Edgar to be #1

Gil is a beast but i dont think he'll beat bendo. he's just making an early campaign for a title shot when he gets to the ufc which is what he needs to do. if he loses im sure he can easily make featherweight and do great there.

my rankings
1 bendo
2 edgar
3 maynard
4 diaz
5 melendez
6 cerronne
7 guida
8 pettis
9 chandler
10 alvarez
11 josh thompson
12 aoki
13 miller
15 healy
16 lauzon
17 guillard
18 varner
19 grant
20 dunham

and i dont know rick hawn but he's honorable mentioned in sherdog rankings. and i think diego is coming back to lw and he'll definately be top 20 and i doubt bj retires and he'll be top 20 for sure

I see Melendez has been doing his homework. He's got the right idea, but he needs to talk shit better to leap frog the division.

Right.

He's never dropped for guillotines or kimuras giving up position.

He's never dropped guys like Maynard and Bendo.

He's never finished guys like Bocek.

He never risks it? You sir, are the definition of idiot.

Don't get mad because someone has an opinion just like you are entitled to your own. In MY opinion, Frankie is a great fighter but his matches do get repetitive with the constant rematches.

I think Bendo just smashes Gilbert...but it would be a fun fight.

I think the Pettis rematch is more important to Bendo solidifying his #1 spot.

Back