Melendez: Benson needs to beat me to be #1

Bell-end-ez. just made that up after 2 blunts. fuck me right.

His last performance was embarrassing...think again Gilbert.

A stoppage win over Frankie would convince me Bendo is no. 1.

Gil is like 4-5. Take a number dude.

I think Gil is finally getting frustrated with the fact that he's not a common name among MMA fans. That said, I still think he would lose to at least a couple '55ers in the UFC's roster.

Gil has no one to blame for that but himself. That's what happens you decide to dick around in Strikeforce instead of moving over and fighting legit competition.

Lol @ Melendez, who has he beat? Holding some kinda D-League belt does not make you that "somebody" to beat to be considered as #1. Put him up against JLau or Maynard for a test.

I doubt Gil beats either of those guys.

cant wait for this fight,

gil by ud

Set down the meth pipe and come back to the conversation with the sane minded people. Gilbert has faced B rate competition his whole run as SF champ, when he moves over to the ufc he'll have to prove he can even compete with guys like Cerrone and Pettis. Then he can be discussed as a potential contender.

Set down the meth pipe and come back to the conversation with the sane minded people. Gilbert has faced B rate competition his whole run as SF champ, when he moves over to the ufc he'll have to prove he can even compete with guys like Cerrone and Pettis. Then he can be discussed as a potential contender.

yeah, like benson was beating up b rate competition in the WEC a few years ago, right?

gil via better boxing and better wrestling.

I doubt Gil beats either of those guys.

Exactly my thoughts, if he could beat one of these guys, then his argument might become reasonable. Him vs Guilard or Jim Miller will be fun. IMO he has more chances of beating Guillard than Jim Miller. Eddie Alvarez will be great option too.

yeah, like benson was beating up b rate competition in the WEC a few years ago, right?

The wec lightweights were ten times better than the lightweights strike force has. Hell, bellator has better lightweights as well.

Comparing Benson and Gilbert does not make sense.

Ben competed against better higher level opponents compared to Gil's previous opponents who has he beat in the last 2 years? Aoki? :puke:

Your thread title makes him seem like more of a douche than what he actually said

Benson should fight Melendez...but only cause it would be a good fight.

LOL.

Gil needs to beat Josh Thomson with more than a split decision just to stand in line in the UFC.

Melendez is atop of one of the worst lightweight division in mma. Benson has been on a tear through the 2 deepest & toughest. Benson doesn't ever have to fight him to be considered shit.

Comparing Benson and Gilbert does not make sense.

Ben competed against better higher level opponents compared to Gil's previous opponents who has he beat in the last 2 years? Aoki? :puke:

edgar is the only real notable higher level opponent he has over gil and anyone with a brain knows he lost their second fight.

kawajiri, aoki, masvidal and thomson are just as good if not better than nate, miller and guida.

shut up Gil. nobody believes you #1 at 55 besides yourself, Cesar and the Diaz bros. plus you lost to Thomson in your last fight, imo.

If Melendez doesn't get an immediate shot, he probably couldn't even beat a gatekeeper to get the shot.

Back