Media Meeting the Diaz brothers- good guys and great fighters (pics)

When was that, and why just posting?
I wasn't doing a lot of Sherdogging back at the time those were taken; I've went years without posting here and there. I came across them moving a bunch of stuff on my computer, remembered what happened, and thought it would be a great thing to share. Mom said it was OK except to blank her face out, and there you have it.

I suppose I should have been a better Sherdogger and posted them sooner, huh?

Said it for over a decade, Nick Diaz is an extremely nice guy.
yeah he is until he gets wasted and pushes a chick while she's standing on slippery ground near a pool and she falls and breaks something. not a very nice thing to do aye? might be why he's having money problems, settled out of court maybe?

I have always hated the gangster//thug/tough guy mentality that the Diaz brothers and a whole lot of other fighters project. All this smack talk looks lame to me.

But I am thinking it is mostly an act. They really aren't bad guys I don't think (the Diaz brothers I mean).

My elderly mother in her 70s saw a bunch of fighters in a hotel where she was staying. She approached and talked to them for a long time, and I couldn't believe how nice they were to her (the Diaz brothers and also Leben, to a lesser extent Reem).

Mind you, mom is the kind of old lady that walked up and totally gushed about "Oh my son loves your fighting, I sure wish he were here to meet you." The type that you would think guys like that would totally ditch.

That couldn't be further from what happened! The Diaz brothers were super nice; they were chatting, joking around, and taking pictures for a long time with her.

She said Leben was full of personality also and a lot of fun to talk with. Reem stood against the wall quietly but said hello in a friendly way and was OK with her taking pics.

umaYYdS.jpg

U2BcKqO.jpg

tfArT9a.jpg

YqYw1xL.jpg

Anyone know who these other guys are in the elevator with Nick?

EBQRhnQ.jpg
I loooove it! Great guys and even fucking better mom!
Sometimes Sherdog is just lovely.

Old man in front in elevator pic is Caesar Gracie, idk the rest of the camp.

None of it's an act, they are who they are in the media and in the cage, but they are the men your mom ran into, as well. Different modes for different situations.

I think this is a pretty cool story, thanks for sharing.

Old guy in front of elevator is actually Richard Perez their boxing coach.
Hmm. I appreciate the correction.
Correctamundo. That’s Richard Perez. This is Caesar Gracie:
IMG_0927.jpeg
Remember when he fought Frank Sharmrock and got destroyed in seconds? Nick made Frank pay for that one.

I wasn't doing a lot of Sherdogging back at the time those were taken; I've went years without posting here and there. I came across them moving a bunch of stuff on my computer, remembered what happened, and thought it would be a great thing to share. Mom said it was OK except to blank her face out, and there you have it.

I suppose I should have been a better Sherdogger and posted them sooner, huh?

Nah, it's a great post, cool pics and story.

The Diaz brothers take pics with the elderly while Conor punches them at taverns.

Haha yeah Father Time would’ve whooped his ass if he looked that old lmao.
Richard Perez used to train Nick and Nate to box out of his garage, i think, way back in the day. Clearly a pretty good boxing coach.

Plus very few Gracies would have such a hairline in their old age. That family got cursed by the Norwood reaper.

I have always hated the gangster//thug/tough guy mentality that the Diaz brothers and a whole lot of other fighters project. All this smack talk looks lame to me.

But I am thinking it is mostly an act. They really aren't bad guys I don't think (the Diaz brothers I mean).

My elderly mother in her 70s saw a bunch of fighters in a hotel where she was staying. She approached and talked to them for a long time, and I couldn't believe how nice they were to her (the Diaz brothers and also Leben, to a lesser extent Reem).

Mind you, mom is the kind of old lady that walked up and totally gushed about "Oh my son loves your fighting, I sure wish he were here to meet you." The type that you would think guys like that would totally ditch.

That couldn't be further from what happened! The Diaz brothers were super nice; they were chatting, joking around, and taking pictures for a long time with her.

She said Leben was full of personality also and a lot of fun to talk with. Reem stood against the wall quietly but said hello in a friendly way and was OK with her taking pics.

umaYYdS.jpg

U2BcKqO.jpg

tfArT9a.jpg

YqYw1xL.jpg

EBQRhnQ.jpg

Very cool.

umaYYdS.jpg

U2BcKqO.jpg

tfArT9a.jpg

YqYw1xL.jpg

EBQRhnQ.jpg
Thats awesome bro!

Back