Medal Ceremony Honoring 100-Year Old World War II Vet Disrupted By Black Protesters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they figured there would be press there to get coverage for their activism, regardless of what the event was.

Never underestimate the power of a few slogans.

No peace, no justice.

Keep looking for the worst and pretend that you aren't

Whatever the hell that means. I don't even know why you got your panties in a bunch. Why don't you stop being cryptic & tell me why you're crying?

dont these fools have jobs? Ah, if only the productive of society provided for the wretched to have more leisure what heights our civilization would rise to!

Completely disgraceful. What did this veteran have to do with any of the police shootings? If anything protests in this kind of manner will have the opposite effect of what they were intended to do. People are going to be angry at the protestors for displaying such wanton disregard for anyone but themselves.

The man showed class in how he handled his response and I am not surprised. He did not get angry or start hurling insults which he could have easily done. He is a WW2 vet and folks from that era are not called the greatest generation for nothing. Guys like him are the real role models.

This. The protesters in this case are morons. But it is Portland so it's probably more acceptable there than 99% of the rest of the country.

Freedom of speech/assembly. Gotta respect that. Lol'ing hard @ people who get rustled @ this kind of stuff.

There is a time and a place, and this is about as wrong on both counts as you can get. Of course it is in Portland, which from my personal experience is full of snobby, self righteous, morons in their 20's who enjoy doing stupid shit like this to make a non-existent point based off something they read by Nietzsche. And I consider myself a liberal...Fuck Portland.

This. The protesters in this case are morons. But it is Portland so it's probably more acceptable there than 99% of the rest of the country.

And to think most of my party died from dysentery so I can get my wagon to Oregon.

Poor-Carol.jpg

I seriously doubt that any of the "planners" of these protests did very much in the way of planning to see what was on the agenda of the town hall meeting. Social media's ability to organize large numbers of people on a whim.

I love to see protests with lofty notions and noble statements written on cardboard like a hobo begging for change.

I love to see protests with lofty notions and noble statements written on cardboard like a hobo begging for change.

Often they are one and the same. I've seen protesters who are only there because they were promised a meal.

Are the Portland police known for their brutality?

Good, I am glad all these white people are filled with disgust. Now you know how the black community feels when they are systematically profiled and hunted by white police officers. I think they picked a perfectly appropriate forum, especially since a senator was there.

This is a lesson to you all, you don't just hear their protests when it is convenient. I hope they keep this up.

Everybody feel bad for SonOfWerdum he's had to endure so much in his life. White people deserve some pain too

Good, I am glad all these white people are filled with disgust. Now you know how the black community feels when they are systematically profiled and hunted by white police officers. I think they picked a perfectly appropriate forum, especially since a senator was there.

This is a lesson to you all, you don't just hear their protests when it is convenient. I hope they keep this up.

That's the thing though. No one hears the protest when it's done in this manner. All that is seen is a bunch of assholes interrupting a war veteran being honoured.

That's the thing though. No one hears the protest when it's done in this manner. All that is seen is a bunch of assholes interrupting a war veteran being honoured.

In a way everybody hears it. It creates headlines. In a way, people don't hear it because it dismisses them as assholes.

So I mean, it gets part of the job done. I think it probably does more good than bad to their cause though sadly, cause people do hear about it. They do this on some random day with nothing going on and there's no article about it, nobody knows it happens.

In a way everybody hears it. It creates headlines. In a way, people don't hear it because it dismisses them as assholes.

So I mean, it gets part of the job done. I think it probably does more good than bad to their cause though sadly, cause people do hear about it. They do this on some random day with nothing going on and there's no article about it, nobody knows it happens.

If they have a legitimate issue to raise awareness about all it does is make people dismissive of it. Yup heard you loud and clear, but now I care less 'cause you're all clearly a bunch of assholes.

If they have a legitimate issue to raise awareness about all it does is make people dismissive of it. Yup heard you loud and clear, but now I care less 'cause you're all clearly a bunch of assholes.

People are generally pretty dismissive of anything that doesn't affect them anyways. People may feign interest for a while (or while media stirs the pot and writes articles about it), but it dies out pretty damn quickly so it's kind of a lose lose preposition for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back