McGregor will eventually have a meltdown. How does it "end" for him?

From your trusted reporter of the Sherdog Armchair Psychology Association (SAPA) with too much free time on his hands:

Conor McGregor isn't showing any sign of coming out of his delusion. The latest slew of vile tweets and antics have shown as much. He's obviously down bad; holding on to a damaged ego for dear life, trying to convince himself he's still the top dog. Coked out (or on 6 cans of Red Bull) during press conferences, etc. The 2013-2015 version of him would be ashamed to see what he has become: a fake, unconvincing caricature of his former self.

Like @Dana's Moonface said in another thread: a happy man doesn't concern himself with such antics. He's got wealth, three children, a beautiful wife, successes in multiple fields, but it's still not enough. It's only a matter of time before he implodes. As he slides deeper and deeper into his delusion, I can see a couple scenarios looming:
  • He overdoses and ends up in the hospital
  • He gets arrested for assault, rape or whatever and gets a prison sentence
Honestly, the most likely scenario I can see is him eventually going over the line badly and getting incarcerated for it. Eventually, something will humble him.

I can see some similarities between him and Mike Tyson. Except; Tyson's misbehaviour was for a large part due to trauma from his youth. Eventually he turned humble and realized his ego was tearing him apart. I love listening to his podcasts now, as wise as he's become, he's almost a sage of some sort.

Conor hasn't had this path. I don't think he's traumatized, he's just an ego tripping dickhead surrounded by yes men that contribute to his delusion. But he obviously needs professional help. The question is; will he be humble enough to accept it? Prison would probably be best for him to make him humble.

I'd like to see him find some redemption like Tyson did, but I don't really see it happening.
He beats Nate Diaz
Then Pacquiao Kos him
The end

Well contrary to popular belief I don't see him as a drug guy, but a booze guy. The nation's curse. He looks weathered, older than 32/33, more brittle, not just the legs. The stress of all his ventures surely adds to that.

But now he's not a elite fighter anymore. Dropped down to "good", like someone said the 8th guy at LW. Sounds about right.

And he won't accept that. Hence, delusion. That his anti-hero persona overtakes his real bantering, happy-go-lucky personality of 2013. And with further setbacks turns into Iron Mike, the post-prison demon.

But with Conor it'll happen outside the cage, as it's already happened, because Tyson was still good enough to be the hammer past his prime, aside the ear bite. Conor can't, he's a smaller LW, so it'll be some likely drunken violent incident that leads to prison. And the post-prison version will have more tattoos, on the face as well, and a worse demeanor. Then something else happens.

I keep thinking about how this relates to the accusations of sexual assault and battery. Everyone is innocent until proven guilty but good lord, do these allegations ever seem to fit the picture currently emerging of McGregor.

Just the stuff we've seen of him has been pretty despicable - bus incident, hitting old man, slapping cell phone, threatening fighters' families, mocking a man about his dead father... 100 percent low-life, this guy. Easy to imagine the kind of nasty shit he's done that we haven't seen.

Rich beyond belief, though.

When he cracks, it's gonna be ugly. I hope nobody gets hurt.

Conor has multiple assault allegations in 3 different countries. That should tell you everything… its obvious the guy is gonna keep getting himself in trouble. The most recent allegation was just last year and he was supposed to be with his fam for a charity race.

Conor of course ditched them at night to go party at a club and thats when incident happened where he tried to bang some lady and flashd her lol

Hasn't he already had several. The excessive spending, the assaults, the sexual investigations, what's next? I can see Conor just pissing through all his money and ending up on Celebrity Morons or something to try and make it back into the limelight.

Well contrary to popular belief I don't see him as a drug guy, but a booze guy. The nation's curse. He looks weathered, older than 32/33, more brittle, not just the legs. The stress of all his ventures surely adds to that.

But now he's not a elite fighter anymore. Dropped down to "good", like someone said the 8th guy at LW. Sounds about right.

And he won't accept that. Hence, delusion. That his anti-hero persona overtakes his real bantering, happy-go-lucky personality of 2013. And with further setbacks turns into Iron Mike, the post-prison demon.

But with Conor it'll happen outside the cage, as it's already happened, because Tyson was still good enough to be the hammer past his prime, aside the ear bite. Conor can't, he's a smaller LW, so it'll be some likely drunken violent incident that leads to prison. And the post-prison version will have more tattoos, on the face as well, and a worse demeanor. Then something else happens.

He doesnt just drink bro. Conor does alot of different stuff with Coke being his fav. He probably drinks and does lines all the time

From your trusted reporter of the Sherdog Armchair Psychology Association (SAPA) with too much free time on his hands:

Conor McGregor isn't showing any sign of coming out of his delusion. The latest slew of vile tweets and antics have shown as much. He's obviously down bad; holding on to a damaged ego for dear life, trying to convince himself he's still the top dog. Coked out (or on 6 cans of Red Bull) during press conferences, etc. The 2013-2015 version of him would be ashamed to see what he has become: a fake, unconvincing caricature of his former self.

Like @Dana's Moonface said in another thread: a happy man doesn't concern himself with such antics. He's got wealth, three children, a beautiful wife, successes in multiple fields, but it's still not enough. It's only a matter of time before he implodes. As he slides deeper and deeper into his delusion, I can see a couple scenarios looming:
Honestly, the most likely scenario I can see is him eventually going over the line badly and getting incarcerated for it. Eventually, something will humble him.

I can see some similarities between him and Mike Tyson. Except; Tyson's misbehaviour was for a large part due to trauma from his youth. Eventually he turned humble and realized his ego was tearing him apart. I love listening to his podcasts now, as wise as he's become, he's almost a sage of some sort.

Conor hasn't had this path. I don't think he's traumatized, he's just an ego tripping dickhead surrounded by yes men that contribute to his delusion. But he obviously needs professional help. The question is; will he be humble enough to accept it? Prison would probably be best for him to make him humble.

I'd like to see him find some redemption like Tyson did, but I don't really see it happening.

I started skimming your post and got to ‘beautiful wife’ mate she’s a fucken 5.5/10 and she’s gotten fatter, bitch shaped like a cantaloupe.

tldr; Conor is an absolute fucken piece of shit, surprises no one but he’s likely to stay out of prison. People with money generally do… and let’s be honest the only thing that could happen is he gets less sponsorship money because of these sorts of stunts but best be known if Conor was being himself he’d be saying a lot worse… the guys a dog.

The end for him?
KO'ed in the second round in his next fight. After which he will announce that the fought with a broken arm, ad that he is still warming up the best is still to come.

Eventually have a meltdown? I know he had just broke his leg, but he was just last seen on TV shouting and carrying on like a B movie villain who just got captured after his nefarious scheme was stopped. Conor had his meltdown and he had it in the corner of the cage.

Conor might not even beat Nate in the trilogy fight if it goes all 5 rounds given his cardio issues and if Nate somehow manages to fight smart i.e. constant aggressive pressure rather than talk, flip birds and Stockton slap when McGregor gets tired...I think Conor would absolutely lose his mind on live TV if he can't even beat a non-top-10 fighter. I'm sure he would have plenty of excuses because we all know how "humble he is in victory or defeat" (HAHA), but the level of crazy talk would likely exceed the non-sense he spouted after losing the trilogy fight to Poirier.

Dustin was right, McGregor is a dirt bag and I have no sympathy for him at all. His personal demons will bring this all crashing down and a drug OD or prison as suggested by TS are certainly strong possibilities....
Might not? Connie in its current form or any future forms gets absolutely destroyed by Nate Diaz. Turns out that alcohol is a hell of a drug too.

You make good points. I've often felt the same way. I think the early, hungry version of Conor was a different person. Fame changes people when they're too young to know they are being influenced. If i'm being honest, I went from loving the guy and what he brought to the sport, to cringing every time he say' another asinine comment. Too bad.

He doesnt just drink bro. Conor does alot of different stuff with Coke being his fav. He probably drinks and does lines all the time

He could, but a lot of it is assumption, a narrative.

He's destined to be the subject of a "where are they now" in 10 years, featuring interviews with John Kav, Artem, Khabib, Dustin and Dana.
He’s too rich for that, I guarantee in 10 years no one will care about Dustin

Eventually????..

U didnt see the post fight interview?

If he keeps losing important fights of his life he might actually hang himself from depression. You can see it means a lot to him, he desperately wants to be respected and not remembered in the MMA circles as some bum. Close family will be the key for saving his life.
I don't think he cares about his legacy. If he did, he would have defended his titles, given Aldo his rematch, etc. He cares about the status. He cares about the fame. Regardless of what actual MMA fans think, he'll always have a legion of mouthbreathers who eat up everything he does, both regular people and the mainstream media. If he loses that, then he'd hang himself.

What is this new inclusion of the phrase "down bad" I'm seeing everywhere all of a sudden that was never there before??
It's just a phrase people started saying probably a year or 2 ago to describe somebody who is desperate for something, usually attention. It's usually used on men unsuccessfully simping for women, but it can be used in a variety of ways. Conor's current condition is one of them.

People comparing him to Tyson, I don't know about that, Tyson got fucked over, yes, of course he did it to himself, but he had a promoter, Don King,...that fucked him over bad,...
Floyd was smart, he had no promoter, he was business minded, Conner same, but he just made bad choices, fucked it up.
Tyson, well imo he comes from the same boat, but different at the same time, his story is a bit more unique,...

Back