McGregor will eventually have a meltdown. How does it "end" for him?

Young Calf Kick

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
From your trusted reporter of the Sherdog Armchair Psychology Association (SAPA) with too much free time on his hands:

Conor McGregor isn't showing any sign of coming out of his delusion. The latest slew of vile tweets and antics have shown as much. He's obviously down bad; holding on to a damaged ego for dear life, trying to convince himself he's still the top dog. Coked out (or on 6 cans of Red Bull) during press conferences, etc. The 2013-2015 version of him would be ashamed to see what he has become: a fake, unconvincing caricature of his former self.

Like @Dana's Moonface said in another thread: a happy man doesn't concern himself with such antics. He's got wealth, three children, a beautiful wife, successes in multiple fields, but it's still not enough. It's only a matter of time before he implodes. As he slides deeper and deeper into his delusion, I can see a couple scenarios looming:
  • He overdoses and ends up in the hospital
  • He gets arrested for assault, rape or whatever and gets a prison sentence
Honestly, the most likely scenario I can see is him eventually going over the line badly and getting incarcerated for it. Eventually, something will humble him.

I can see some similarities between him and Mike Tyson. Except; Tyson's misbehaviour was for a large part due to trauma from his youth. Eventually he turned humble and realized his ego was tearing him apart. I love listening to his podcasts now, as wise as he's become, he's almost a sage of some sort.

Conor hasn't had this path. I don't think he's traumatized, he's just an ego tripping dickhead surrounded by yes men that contribute to his delusion. But he obviously needs professional help. The question is; will he be humble enough to accept it? Prison would probably be best for him to make him humble.

I'd like to see him find some redemption like Tyson did, but I don't really see it happening.

I keep thinking about how this relates to the accusations of sexual assault and battery. Everyone is innocent until proven guilty but good lord, do these allegations ever seem to fit the picture currently emerging of McGregor.

Just the stuff we've seen of him has been pretty despicable - bus incident, hitting old man, slapping cell phone, threatening fighters' families, mocking a man about his dead father... 100 percent low-life, this guy. Easy to imagine the kind of nasty shit he's done that we haven't seen.

Rich beyond belief, though.

When he cracks, it's gonna be ugly. I hope nobody gets hurt.

From your trusted reporter of the Sherdog Armchair Psychology Association (SAPA) with too much free time on his hands:

Conor McGregor isn't showing any sign of coming out of his delusion. The latest slew of vile tweets and antics have shown as much. He's obviously down bad; holding on to a damaged ego for dear life, trying to convince himself he's still the top dog. Coked out (or on 6 cans of Red Bull) during press conferences, etc. The 2013-2015 version of him would be ashamed to see what he has become: a fake, unconvincing caricature of his former self.

Like @Dana's Moonface said in another thread: a happy man doesn't concern himself with such antics. He's got wealth, three children, a beautiful wife, successes in multiple fields, but it's still not enough. It's only a matter of time before he implodes. As he slides deeper and deeper into his delusion, I can see a couple scenarios looming:
Honestly, the most likely scenario I can see is him eventually going over the line badly and getting incarcerated for it. Eventually, something will humble him.

I can see some similarities between him and Mike Tyson. Except; Tyson's misbehaviour was for a large part due to trauma from his youth. Eventually he turned humble and realized his ego was tearing him apart. I love listening to his podcasts now, as wise as he's become, he's almost a sage of some sort.

Conor hasn't had this path. I don't think he's traumatized, he's just an ego tripping dickhead surrounded by yes men that contribute to his delusion. But he obviously needs professional help. The question is; will he be humble enough to accept it? Prison would probably be best for him to make him humble.

I'd like to see him find some redemption like Tyson did, but I don't really see it happening.

Plenty of men have had great accomplishments and all the riches throughout history, yet were never satisfied

Conor inwardly is not a happy man. He had all the respect in the world when he beat Aldo and Eddie too. He had haters, but he was respected for his ability as a martial artist. However, he is now a parody of himself and a walking meme

I think he will keep on fighting, as he craves the limelight and can't handle the sport passing him by

We are talking about a guy that is so insecure, that anytime another fighter puts on a show, he then makes a series of tweets to try and steal the spotlight

I'm actually starting to feel pity for him and I certainly pity his kids. I hope they don't end up messed up like many sppiled rich kids with daddy issues

I mean didn't he already rape a few girls, allegedly. He's been shown to hang around Kinahan Cartel member. In crackdens for days on end and leaving in a Range Rover. I can not see him ordering hits, but he's unhappy at the moment.

His biggest mistake was talking about loyalty and then getting beat by Khabibs crew. While only Dillon was throwing down, while Irish Edmund and the rest of his crew was looking at it like a dear in headlights. Imagine Wanderlei's Crew back in the day pulling that. That has to fuck with the bond these guys had.

I'm actually starting to feel pity for him and I certainly pity his kids. I hope they don't end up messed up like many sppiled rich kids with daddy issues

me too. Poor kids. Worst of both worlds - famous for their father being a dirtbag. At this point, the only people who admire Conor are the kind of people you definitely don't want any attention from, especially as a kid.

Last edited:

Its hard to say. Behaving with outrageous confidence has driven his success. So I don’t expect him to flip on a dime. But no fighter stays the man forever, so how is he going to behave when it’s clearly over. He can’t just pout and insist he’s better than Jim Miller and just hadn’t prepared for the heel hook in 2023 coming off 6 losses. At some point the show needs to end. In hindsight, money aside, it would’ve been good to go out after Cerrone. He can claim he’s back, coulda and woulda beat everyone, but got bored and frustrated with the pandemic and retired. Then he can be GSP for the next decade, being linked with super fights, maybe even taking a low risk boxing match, etc. Too late now though, and he does not seem ready to go out like this. Hopefully it doesn’t get too much worse and he leaves soon.

he will eventually become wizened and go on tour talking about his life like Tyson.

What do you mean? He’s already had a meltdown, punching old guys in pubs, punching gangsters in pubs to the point where he had to pay them off, smashing the dolly through the bus window, the rape allegations (saying allegations because it might not be true), caught multiple times cheating on his partner, his delusional tweets and actions sinking low in regards to DP and his wife, Khabibs dad etc. He’s already on a downward spiral.
It’s a shame at the start of his UFC career he was likeable, cheeky, hungry, so dedicated to his craft and the sport and he changed and became this awful caricature of himself. Although the saying goes if you want to see someone’s true character give them money

Only thing that could humble him is just more losses without any controversy that he can hang onto. I think him just being out of the game will make him more peaceful actually. And with the things he's done he'll probably do sentence if it doesn't calm him down, he'll probably assault someone I feel.

Conor has clearly been engaging in troubled, erratic, and sometimes violent and criminal behaviour for several years. I'm sure that what the public are aware of is merely the tip of the iceberg. Who knows how this ends? Probably not well.

Conor might not even beat Nate in the trilogy fight if it goes all 5 rounds given his cardio issues and if Nate somehow manages to fight smart i.e. constant aggressive pressure rather than talk, flip birds and Stockton slap when McGregor gets tired...I think Conor would absolutely lose his mind on live TV if he can't even beat a non-top-10 fighter. I'm sure he would have plenty of excuses because we all know how "humble he is in victory or defeat" (HAHA), but the level of crazy talk would likely exceed the non-sense he spouted after losing the trilogy fight to Poirier.

Dustin was right, McGregor is a dirt bag and I have no sympathy for him at all. His personal demons will bring this all crashing down and a drug OD or prison as suggested by TS are certainly strong possibilities....

What do you mean? He’s already had a meltdown, punching old guys in pubs, punching gangsters in pubs to the point where he had to pay them off, smashing the dolly through the bus window, the rape allegations (saying allegations because it might not be true), caught multiple times cheating on his partner, his delusional tweets and actions sinking low in regards to DP and his wife, Khabibs dad etc. He’s already on a downward spiral.
It’s a shame at the start of his UFC career he was likeable, cheeky, hungry, so dedicated to his craft and the sport and he changed and became this awful caricature of himself. Although the saying goes if you want to see someone’s true character give them money
If you look at it that way sure - you could say he already has had some meltdowns. But he hasn't really gotten into serious, highly threatening troubles yet. He hasn't really gotten seriously punished for it one way or another. And that day will come, it's just a matter of time.

If he keeps losing important fights of his life he might actually hang himself from depression. You can see it means a lot to him, he desperately wants to be respected and not remembered in the MMA circles as some bum. Close family will be the key for saving his life.

I know you are a fan and the above is my point

When he smashed his way through FW and captured that second title he was on top of the world. He wasn't as wealthy as today, but he was a millionaire many times over and he was destroying top fighters. Many were looking at him like MMA's Sugar Ray Robinson or Muhammad Ali

Conor has a huge ego and his self confidence is what helped drive him to the top. I make no apology for disliking him as a person, but he was a fantastic martial artist and had a rise like no other. However, his gradual fall from grace is killing him and I think more losses will destroy him

For the first time in his career he has a losing record to an opponent. How does he handle it if he goes again and ends up 1-3? Which imo is very likely

Back