McGregor will eventually have a meltdown. How does it "end" for him?

What do you mean by eventually?!? He's been on meltdown mode for a few years now.

I think people are going to be surprised to find out he didn't make half the amount of money everyone seems to think he has. Renting everything pretending he owns it. It will be funny to see the threads 'Can you believe Conor blew through 169 billion dollars like that? Isn't he great?'

That said, the vast majority of this is an act to try to stay in the headlines and remain relevant, even though people are losing interest now that he's actually fighting contenders and being shown for what he is and what he actually brings to the table outside of the UFC marketing machine.

You guys are wild lol.

Eventually Conor will lose enough and vanish like Rousey. Get in get rich and get back to living normal life.

My guess is he will always be what we might call an "eccentric millionaire". He'll lose a lot of money, make a lot of money, make more bad decisions than good ones, be part owner of a sports team (or full owner of a lower tier team), and own airplanes.

But even after he retires from sports, he'll do something to stay in the headlines at least annually.

His kid will cause outrage by (legally, in Kenya, if you pay enough) killing an endangered lion in 20 years, or some such thing.

Sports is literally filled with a laundry list of guys that went broke and imploded. Tyson for example.

Hopefully he has a very good money management team that prevents him from investing in stupid shit or spending millions on watches and yachts...

I'm in the minority but I think he will be relatively fine. Richer than ever, but will still get away with a lot of nonsense. His team and family will put up with it because he is rich.
Who knows how he feels or will feel in the inside. It's clear that he is insecure, but this is nothing new. He loves money and wealth, but that could change as he gets older. No matter how much money you make, in the end you will part with it one way or another.

I'm thinking more along the lines of a cocaine filled Titanic but on his new yacht.

From your trusted reporter of the Sherdog Armchair Psychology Association (SAPA) with too much free time on his hands:

Conor McGregor isn't showing any sign of coming out of his delusion. The latest slew of vile tweets and antics have shown as much. He's obviously down bad; holding on to a damaged ego for dear life, trying to convince himself he's still the top dog. Coked out (or on 6 cans of Red Bull) during press conferences, etc. The 2013-2015 version of him would be ashamed to see what he has become: a fake, unconvincing caricature of his former self.

Like @Dana's Moonface said in another thread: a happy man doesn't concern himself with such antics. He's got wealth, three children, a beautiful wife, successes in multiple fields, but it's still not enough. It's only a matter of time before he implodes. As he slides deeper and deeper into his delusion, I can see a couple scenarios looming:
  • He overdoses and ends up in the hospital
  • He gets arrested for assault, rape or whatever and gets a prison sentence
Honestly, the most likely scenario I can see is him eventually going over the line badly and getting incarcerated for it. Eventually, something will humble him.

I can see some similarities between him and Mike Tyson. Except; Tyson's misbehaviour was for a large part due to trauma from his youth. Eventually he turned humble and realized his ego was tearing him apart. I love listening to his podcasts now, as wise as he's become, he's almost a sage of some sort.

Conor hasn't had this path. I don't think he's traumatized, he's just an ego tripping dickhead surrounded by yes men that contribute to his delusion. But he obviously needs professional help. The question is; will he be humble enough to accept it? Prison would probably be best for him to make him humble.

I'd like to see him find some redemption like Tyson did, but I don't really see it happening.
He is one tweet away from offending a sensitive group and will get banned on twitter and instagram.

Gonna end something like this flik...

200.gif

Guys it's all for show. Conor is fine. He's just a dirtbag.

he's either an OD/rehab case or the future Dana White, for sure.

Conor will continue to make millions, fighting whenever he wants to, much to the disdain of all the haters that wish they had even an ounce of his success.

Would be best for everyone if he OD’s. He’s a piece of shit and so are his diehard fans.

probably OD if i had to guess. i'm seeing shades of mike tysons downward spiral. at least mike found islam and seems to be happy with life now and a good guy.

Conor will end up living in Artem's basement...watching Artem raise his son and take care of his wife...
Artem bless...
tenor.gif

I mean didn't he already rape a few girls, allegedly. He's been shown to hang around Kinahan Cartel member. In crackdens for days on end and leaving in a Range Rover. I can not see him ordering hits, but he's unhappy at the moment.

His biggest mistake was talking about loyalty and then getting beat by Khabibs crew. While only Dillon was throwing down, while Irish Edmund and the rest of his crew was looking at it like a dear in headlights. Imagine Wanderlei's Crew back in the day pulling that. That has to fuck with the bond these guys had.

Really? His biggest mistake was his 45 year old coach not throwing punches when a fight broke out. He was trying to protect Conor and that's all that matters.

He's made many mistakes though.

Back