McGregor calls Diaz a 'fajita'

Yea but the fact remains, you can't call a Latino or a Mexican a "fajita" then claim it isn't racist the way Conor fans are. Its every bit as racist as calling him a taco or a beaner.

You think the Conor Clux Clan can even comprehend this?

It's cool, cause 'he don't give a f*ck' and neither does Diaz.

Are you guys fuckin serious with this? Everything is fuckin racist these days. Come off it.

Last edited:
Holy shit lol, do me a favor. Go walking down the sidewalk and the first latino you see, call him a fajita. Then report back here if he took it as a racist statement. Include photos from the hospital if possible.
Thank you for stepping forward, sir. Now proceed to reevaluate your life.

He's a Mexican that he plans to devour/destroy. He'll eat him up alive. Like a fajita.

I think that's what he's getting at.

I cringed when he called him a cholo. Fajita is just dumb and Irish isnt a race for those people having trouble comprehending it.

Diaz should call Conor a potato since its so rare to find him in Ireland now... guarantee those who are saying man up right now will flip out if that happened.

But seriously:
Siver - Nazi
Dos Anjos - Spic
Diaz - Cholo

How is that ok from Zuffa's point of view?

he means fujita
image_crop.php

Gotta love racism, right, Conor?
I cringed when he called him a cholo. Fajita is just dumb and Irish isnt a race for those people having trouble comprehending it.

Diaz should call Conor a potato since its so rare to find him in Ireland now... guarantee those who are saying man up right now will flip out if that happened.

But seriously:
Siver - Nazi
Dos Anjos - Spic
Diaz - Cholo

How is that ok from Zuffa's point of view?
And his fans applaud this. What does that say about his fans?

Fajita is kind of whatever I guess but Cholo is well defined. It's an offensive racist slur.

cho·lo
ˈCHōlō/
noun
  1. a Latin American with Indian blood; a mestizo.
    • US informal offensive
      a lower-class Mexican, especially in an urban area.
    • US
      a teenage boy, especially in a Mexican-American community, who is a member of a street gang.

https://www.google.com/search?sourc...cholo&oq=cholo&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.1069j0j7

"Derogatory or offensive conduct, including without limitation insulting language, symbols, or actions about a person's ethnic background, heritage, color, race, national origin, age, religion, disability, gender or sexual orientation."

So much for the conduct policy.
Cholo isn't a racist term. This is the problem with people nowadays, they don't understand the difference between racial and racist. Racist implies an illogical hatred and/or belief that a certain race is inherently inferior, while another is inherently superior. Racial simply means a term or idea dealing with a certain racial, and in many modern cases, ethnic background, as racial and ethnic lines are very blurred nowadays, with many people of different races adopting aspects of ether ethnic subcultures. Cholos aren't some illogical, imaginary concept, but a very real thing that exists, mainly in California.

The Diaz brothers have outwardly acted in a similar manner to cholos, and are from an area of California that is filled with them, which is why Conor noted that he acts like a cholo, yet teaches kids BJJ and rides bikes with the elderly; it was a masterful breakdown of Nate and Nick's outward persona as opposed to who they really are. If we're going to claim that 'cholo' is suddenly a racist term, then so are terms like redneck, chav, hooligan, corn fed etc. But they aren't racist, and instead refer to specific subsets of a racial and/or ethnic culture.

Redneck refers to a mainly white, southern, but also including other geographic areas and sometimes non-whites, subculture that implies a poor, ignorant, rural person. Chav refers to low-class British people from housing projects who wear knockoff designer clothes and act in an anti-social manner. Hooligan is a term that has come to exclusively embody the British subculture of football hooliganism. Corn fed implies a stocky, midwestern, plain person and associated culture. And finally cholo, which you listed the definition, implies a mestizo, gang subculture and their affiliated actions and attitudes. These all deal with specific racial and ethnic subcultures, but this doesn't make them racist.

I don't 100% get it. Is he a fajita because Conor is gonna eat him, or because Conor is gonna fold him?

Of course he is using it as a provocation, but there is this thing called context, he didn't approach some guy from the street, Nate disrespect him also, and guess what they are gonna climb on a cage and fight, this is a brutal sport and doesn't need a bunch of sensitive people getting offended over dumb comments from Conor, Joe or anyone.
I just want to say that picture in you av; I love that damn movie. Even the spiritual successor, low budget Ghost Dog was pretty awesome.

It must be a Conor hate thing. I remember I made a thread long ago about Joe Warren saying he was "gonna beat the Brazil outta him" in regards to Dantas I think, and I got called overly sensitive. I'm no fan of Conor but why is what Warren said ok but this isn't?

McGregor fans are worse than Scientologists. Conor has a history of this shit though. He called Siver, who is a German, a Nazi. He goes over the line every opportunity he gets and his fans play dumb.

But when he's accused of using steroids, they get offended and angry. It's amazing how weak people like to throw out insults, but can't take shit being flung back at them.

Right, because you live in a make believe world where you can call a Mexican a fajita and its not racist.
racist (adj.) : having or showing the belief that a particular race is superior to another.
Correct, calling a Mexican a fajita is not racist. Also, he didn't just walk up to some random Mexican on the street and say "hey what's up you fucking fajita?!?." He said it in jest to an opponent he has respect for.

Back