McGregor calls Diaz a 'fajita'

So now people want UFC to go PG too? Na! No fucking way! We're at the golden attitude era of UFC bitches!

This is coming from the same guy who was being racist towards Dennis Siver for his German upbringing.

man, when i was growing up, the word Chicano was thrown around .. all of a sudden it disappeared and Latino became the word of choice ... i will give conor a pass, irish people are sheltered from diversity, but they love people of other races ... just go visit ireland if you are a visible minority .. treat you like family

Cholo isn't a racist term. This is the problem with people nowadays, they don't understand the difference between racial and racist. Racist implies an illogical hatred and/or belief that a certain race is inherently inferior, while another is inherently superior. Racial simply means a term or idea dealing with a certain racial, and in many modern cases, ethnic background, as racial and ethnic lines are very blurred nowadays, with many people of different races adopting aspects of ether ethnic subcultures. Cholos aren't some illogical, imaginary concept, but a very real thing that exists, mainly in California.

The Diaz brothers have outwardly acted in a similar manner to cholos, and are from an area of California that is filled with them, which is why Conor noted that he acts like a cholo, yet teaches kids BJJ and rides bikes with the elderly; it was a masterful breakdown of Nate and Nick's outward persona as opposed to who they really are. If we're going to claim that 'cholo' is suddenly a racist term, then so are terms like redneck, chav, hooligan, corn fed etc. But they aren't racist, and instead refer to specific subsets of a racial and/or ethnic culture.

Redneck refers to a mainly white, southern, but also including other geographic areas and sometimes non-whites, subculture that implies a poor, ignorant, rural person. Chav refers to low-class British people from housing projects who wear knockoff designer clothes and act in an anti-social manner. Hooligan is a term that has come to exclusively embody the British subculture of football hooliganism. Corn fed implies a stocky, midwestern, plain person and associated culture. And finally cholo, which you listed the definition, implies a mestizo, gang subculture and their affiliated actions and attitudes. These all deal with specific racial and ethnic subcultures, but this doesn't make them racist.

That's funny. You know quite well how Conor used the term. It was directed as an insult based on Diaz's ethnic background. The term has been used as a pejorative racist insult for hundreds of years. Conor could have said they act tough and then teach kids and ride bikes, but he had to bring the ethnic background into play like that was somehow relevant or required to get his insult across. Why would he use ethnic slurs in the press conference? Mestizo, look it up, it's not ok to call him a mutt or a rhineland bastard. Would it be ok to say he looks like a :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: in spandex? Sure cholo has been embraced and used much like another word, and it seems to have confused you. I see you avoided that example in your long winded explanation, why don't you tell me about the N word and how it would be ok for Conor to refer to a black opponent as a :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_slurs

"Derogatory or offensive conduct, including without limitation insulting language, symbols, or actions about a person's ethnic background, heritage, color, race, national origin, age, religion, disability, gender or sexual orientation."

Fajita is kind of whatever I guess but Cholo is well defined. It's an offensive racist slur.

cho·lo
ˈCHōlō/
noun
  1. a Latin American with Indian blood; a mestizo.
    • US informal offensive
      a lower-class Mexican, especially in an urban area.
    • US
      a teenage boy, especially in a Mexican-American community, who is a member of a street gang.

https://www.google.com/search?sourc...cholo&oq=cholo&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.1069j0j7

"Derogatory or offensive conduct, including without limitation insulting language, symbols, or actions about a person's ethnic background, heritage, color, race, national origin, age, religion, disability, gender or sexual orientation."

So much for the conduct policy.

Conors not american so your american english dictionary no apply

As a Hispanic nothing McGregor said offended me,just chuckled

I can assure you I'm not in the slightest bit offended. And I hate the PC culture we have found ourself engulfed with in the 21st century. But if you want to jump to that conclusion all power to u

I hate that certain things are ok to say about certain people. There was a thread yesterday about how rogan said something about fried chicken and orange soda in relation to dada. It took a different theme to this thread. There was no 'man card' or pc principal comments going on.

To me, I agree entirely with trey Parker and Matt stone. It's either all ok or none of it is. neither offended me, nor do I get all prissy about brown pride/white pride bullshit.

But Conor doesn't need to stoop to ethnic slurs. And if he had said one to a black guy there would be all hell on. That's why I don't like it
Ethnic Slurs!! WTF?
dWoGz.gif

What would happen if Conor showed up like this to the weigh ins?
mayweather_sombrero3_display_image.jpg

My best understanding of these terms:

Cholo: implies gangster or ghetto
Chicano: Americanized Mexican
Latino: of Hispanic heritage but specifically from Latin America, excluding Spain, etc.
Hispanic: broader term that includes Spaniards, etc.

Call Conor a potato then

"What are words for when no one listens anymore"
~Kenny Florian

I'm pretty sure Nate identifies as a proud white Hispanic.

Why are people upset about mexican food?

That's funny. You know quite well how Conor used the term. It was directed as an insult based on Diaz's ethnic background. The term has been used as a pejorative racist insult for hundreds of years. Conor could have said they act tough and then teach kids and ride bikes, but he had to bring the ethnic background into play like that was somehow relevant or required to get his insult across. Why would he use ethnic slurs in the press conference? Mestizo, look it up, it's not ok to call him a mutt or a rhineland bastard. Would it be ok to say he looks like a :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: in spandex? Sure cholo has been embraced and used much like another word, and it seems to have confused you. I see you avoided that example in your long winded explanation, why don't you tell me about the N word and how it would be ok for Conor to refer to a black opponent as a ******.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_slurs

Because they represent all Hispanics, right? ***** people gonna ***** people.

My best understanding of these terms:

Cholo: implies gangster or ghetto
Chicano: Americanized Mexican
Latino: of Hispanic heritage but specifically from Latin America, excluding Spain, etc.
Hispanic: broader term that includes Spaniards, etc.
How the fuck did latino come to mean that, originally it meant people from Spain or Italy

Back