McCain and Bush are now Media Darlings

Trump is the best thing to happen to GWB's legacy.

A lovable idiot in GWB is much more endearing than a criminal idiot in Trump. That's why GWB has seen his stock rise in the past couple years.

What do you have now? Someone that is facilitating a soaring economy, can’t be bought, doesn’t buy into the globalist agenda and doesn’t sugarcoat and utilize political correctness.

I can see how that could be troubling.
Not sure that he can't be bought since he's a greedy narcissist, but that's beside the point, can he be blackmailed? Some of you guys really have blinders on, rationalizing why Trump would kiss Putin's ass, and ignoring all the ties to Russia that have been reported.

None of this is true.
picsart_08-26-10-47-16-jpg.427519

How is Das Uberdog doing? I think about him every now and then.

anyone else find this a bit strange/hypocritical?

I remember the 8 years of George Bush's presidency and he was shit on the whole time by the media (rightfully so in hindsight).

When McCain was running against Obama, he was also the enemy of the media.

Now, they are both portrayed as fluffy, cuddly teddy bears.
what retarded corner of the web do you get your information? The left still regards McCain as a war criminal and no one softened their stance on him (and no, CNN is not "the left"). He only appears honorable now relative to the buffoonery of Trump so you might have misinterpreted that as being a "darling".

I love how Obama kissed his ass during the eulogy speech . McCain was one of his harshest critics and they had some bitter wars . But...guess in the END ...it really doesn’t matter in the vast universe .

Also, GWB is not a media darling. It's just, again, that he was/is more honest, honorable, and mature than Donald fucking Trump. Same reason why shit bags like Reagan and Romney seem awesome by comparison.

Trump is the best thing to happen to GWB's legacy.

A lovable idiot in GWB is much more endearing than a criminal idiot in Trump. That's why GWB has seen his stock rise in the past couple years.
https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/view/articles/2018-05-16/the-u-s-social-safety-net-has-improved-a-lot

The increasing generosity of the U.S. safety net in the 21st century began under President George W. Bush. Although mostly remembered for the war in Iraq, Bush in many ways fulfilled his promise to be a compassionate conservative. Major expansions of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, commonly known as food stamps, were carried out in 2002 and 2008.

Bush’s Medicare reform added prescription-drug benefits to the government’s premier health-care program. And Bush’s so-called housing-first policy reduced homelessness dramatically during his second term. Overall, real per-capita government transfers increased by about 38 percent during the eight years of the Bush administration.

Not sure that he can't be bought since he's a greedy narcissist, but that's beside the point, can he be blackmailed? Some of you guys really have blinders on, rationalizing why Trump would kiss Putin's ass, and ignoring all the ties to Russia that have been reported.

Says the guy ignoring all of the ties and actions of people like Page, Strzok, Comey, McCabe, Brennan, Obama, Jarrett, Lynch, Hillary, Huma, Bill, Rosenstein, McCain, ect. There is a mountain of evidence showing this whole thing to be a hoax being pushed on to gullible idiots. Funny how you don't see that.

I remember when Jon Maccain sang "bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran" and every liberal in the world hated and despised him. He was widely recognized as a one of the biggest war hawks around due fo voted for military action every chance he got.

And then he insulted Trump and he became a saint.

The left are petulant and insidious.

The left is just as much a bunch of warhawks that the right is. The thing that the two parties agree on is war.

Did Foxnews and the rest of Republican media not suck up to John Mccain when he was the front runner as president? They did suck up to him and once he lost they started to trash him again. What's the difference? Smear campaign happens during Presidential races.

Remember when Trump entered the race and Fox News began to smear him up until he won the Republican vote? I do.

Remember when most of the Republican party backed Bush throughout everything but the min he was out of office they kinda just tried to push him under the rug? I dooo.

I love how Obama kissed his ass during the eulogy speech . McCain was one of his harshest critics and they had some bitter wars . But...guess in the END ...it really doesn’t matter in the vast universe .
It's called showing a little class and not harboring petty grudges.

Says the guy ignoring all of the ties and actions of people like Page, Strzok, Comey, McCabe, Brennan, Obama, Jarrett, Lynch, Hillary, Huma, Bill, Rosenstein, McCain, ect. There is a mountain of evidence showing this whole thing to be a hoax being pushed on to gullible idiots. Funny how you don't see that.
:D

It's called showing a little class and not harboring petty grudges.
Well there’s this ...How bout not acting like u liked someone when they died when u didn’t care for them while they lived ? Obama just playing politics unless you’ve drank the koolaid and believe ( gasp ) he actually liked McCain . But he wasn’t President of the US for nothing . He knows exactly how to play the game .

Before Trump Republicans still loved Bush and defended his wars.

You can't turn this shit on liberals and the media.

This. What the fuck kind of stupid ass definition of "media darling" do you people have?
Frankly, he's barely talked about at all.

The butthurt delusion of the Trump brigade knows no satiety.

giphy.gif

Well there’s this ...How bout not acting like u liked someone when they died when u didn’t care for them while they lived ? Obama just playing politics unless you’ve drank the koolaid and believe ( gasp ) he actually liked McCain . But he wasn’t President of the US for nothing . He knows exactly how to play the game .
Hey, I'm as cynical as the next guy, but it doesn't matter if he liked him. He's fucking dead and it's OK to show a little respect. Talk all the shit you want but politics aside McCain was a real American hero.

The average Republican today, who have all had to adapt themselves to the Trump era. I then went on to list some of those Republican figures specifically.

You're being willfully obtuse.

I laughed out loud at you suggesting Ben Carson is worse than GWB if that helps.

@Trotsky

Also, you said the average republican. There is a lot of those. Many more than the few you suggested. But anyways, in your mind, GWB is "worlds better than the average republican"

The guy who invaded Iraq and caused damage over a decade later. Cool speaking with the great minded Trotsky as usual. Always sane always practical.

Back