McCain and Bush are now Media Darlings

Goonerview

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
anyone else find this a bit strange/hypocritical?

I remember the 8 years of George Bush's presidency and he was shit on the whole time by the media (rightfully so in hindsight).

When McCain was running against Obama, he was also the enemy of the media.

Now, they are both portrayed as fluffy, cuddly teddy bears.

I find it predictable.

I think most people thought bush was an alright guy, just horrible president. McCain was always touch and go. Nobody likes Trump because he apprears to be a douchebag.

A decade ago they were evil nazis from outer space.

Shows how far the republican party has fallen.

4221396001_5827337799001_5827333914001-vs.jpg

McCain and Bush always were and will always be the definition of the establishment.
They were America's evil virus.

Don't be fucking dense.
All these men are statesmen whether you or stupid Donald Trump think they're worthy of respect. It's only EVERY DEATH OF EVERY STATESMAN EVER that generates outpourings of grief and reminiscences of shared service

Fuck off with your idiotic bias.

McCain was found guilty of treason and crimes against humanity at his military tribunal. He faced the firing squad.

George isn't far behind. Both of them as well as Jeb.

But Biden is in the batters box first. He will also be put down via firing squad.

Anything to stick it to trump.

Bush was the original trump. I remember non stop how he was portrayed and ridiculed 24/7.

They deserve our respect for their hand in bringing freedom and democracy to the middle east.

Bush was the original trump. I remember non stop how he was portrayed and ridiculed 24/7.
giphy.gif

I think Bush handles himself well as a former president.
His political decisions should of course still be criticised if the critism is valid.
But there is no reason not to give him respect overall.

I think Bush handles himself well as a former president.
His political decisions should of course still be criticised if the critism is valid.
But there is no reason not to give him respect overall.
The one thing I like about George is that he took up painting and does portraits of American soldiers.

He is a pretty good artist, assuming that he actually paints what I saw.

They guy was a puppet. Darth Cheney was the real POTUS.

No, it's not hypocritical.

Both were substandard politicians, substandard policy makers, and mediocre humans, but both are worlds better in each of those areas than the average Republican.

Also, GWB is not a media darling. It's just, again, that he was/is more honest, honorable, and mature than Donald fucking Trump. Same reason why shit bags like Reagan and Romney seem awesome by comparison.

The media on McCain's nuts is pure Anti-Trump propaganda. If Hilary was president this wouldn't be anywhere near the story that it is now. Don't fall for it.

No, it's not hypocritical.

Both were substandard politicians, substandard policy makers, and mediocre humans, but both are worlds better in each of those areas than the average Republican.

Also, GWB is not a media darling. It's just, again, that he was/is more honest, honorable, and mature than Donald fucking Trump. Same reason why shit bags like Reagan and Romney seem awesome by comparison.

So George bush, the man who invaded Iraq is in your words "worlds better" than the average Republican?

They are fantastic when the left finds them useful, and Hitler when the left believes they are in the way of the progressive agenda. Leftists will never acknowledge this even if they are self aware enough to realize it, but any outside observer can see it clear as day. The left will do whatever it takes to build their utopia and don't care how many good people have to suffer and die to make it happen. They will keep chasing the mirage regardless.

Then your memory is dog shit.

GWB was never, ever comparable to Trump. GWB was a bad public speaker and came off as an affable putz. Trump is a legit moron with no shame and the maturity of the preteen, who constantly and carelessly lies and says moronic things and commits social faux pas that embarrass his country.

True anomalies are rare, but Trump is one. His lack of dignity and competence is unprecedented in US presidential history.

So George bush, the man who invaded Iraq is in your words "worlds better" than the average Republican?

When it comes to political principle, policy platform/knowledge, social awareness, and dignity? Yes, he's considerably better than the average 2018 Republican. Even withstanding Trump (who is again an outlier in terms of his shittiness), GWB is considerably preferable to guys like McConnell, Ryan, Rick Perry, Rick Santorum, Ted Cruz, Carly Fiorina, Ben Carson, etc.

I remember when Jon Maccain sang "bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran" and every liberal in the world hated and despised him. He was widely recognized as a one of the biggest war hawks around due to voting for military action every chance he got.

And then he insulted Trump and he became a saint.

The left are petulant and insidious.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back