Mayweather's MMA Bodyguard gets dropped quick in a boxing match.

LOL and I thought Rockhold was sloppy

[YT]watch?v=UOe8vvGIR9Q[/YT]

I've seen My in Vegas. His bodyguards are all 7 foot tall 300 lb black dudes. Like 6 of them. It's cray.

True but the talent of Floyd still stands.

Yea that's the fact people like to gloss over. Put aside his earnings for a second, just in terms of what hes accomplished in the sport its comparable to Jones, aldo, rousey's records put together.

Yea that's the fact people like to gloss over. Put aside his earnings for a second, just in terms of what hes accomplished in the sport its comparable to Jones, aldo, rousey's records put together.

As a big boxing fan and an even bigger MMA fan I feel embarrassed and disrespected if somebody even tries to compare Ronda to Floyd.

Her domination the last year says nothing (compared to Floyd)

Her achievements up to this date are nothing (compared to Floyd)

There's one thing which would compare her to what Floyd did:

Stay undefeated for the next 18 years and only fight the best of the best.

This(!!) is the real challenge what really matters.

I dare you to bring it even up that Floyd wasn't acknowledged as the world's best of boxing for the whole period of time.

That Ronda is actually acknowledged after only a couple of fights within the last 1-2 years should tell you everything about the skill level you are seeing in this very young female sport.

Why does a professional boxer need a bodyguard?

nicholson-stare-o.gif

It's entertainment, and reflects demand. One Direction made more on their tour than Alice in Chains did this year, it doesn't mean they are more talented.

I think it's safe to say Floyd is more talented than Ronda and the entire UFC roster combined. He made more in 1 fight than the entire roster has made since the UFC's inception. Essentially says it all.

It's entertainment, and reflects demand. One Direction made more on their tour than Alice in Chains did this year, it doesn't mean they are more talented.

Floyd is possibly the most talented man in sports though. He's no One Direction

An MMA fighter would gas hard in a boxing match, because of the pace at which its fought, and the fact that constant punches don't allow you to breathe, and the breathing patterns are different. Much different than an MMA fight. You can't got for a TD if you're getting waxed in a stand up fight, and you can't constantly clinch in a boxing match.

Same goes for a boxers that's in an MMA match

I think it's safe to say Floyd is more talented than Ronda and the entire UFC roster combined. He made more in 1 fight than the entire roster has made since the UFC's inception. Essentially says it all.

Talented at making money (in a sport that pays more)? Sure. Talented in his sport, boxing? Sure. More talented than Ronda and the entire UFC roster at MMA? No. I guess Floyd's more "talented" than the world's most intelligent and skilled doctors at medicine too, just because he earns more money than them, huh?

This thread is proof that UFC publicity stunt is having a reverse effect of its original intentions.

MMA fans likely tuned in to the Mayweather vs Berto All Access show to see if Floyd was gonna talk about their hero and heroine hypejobs Mcgregor and Rousey. Meanwhile Floyd's fans wouldnt ever go anywhere near a UFC telecast that shows women fighting or guys in booty spandex wrestling

Talented at making money (in a sport that pays more)? Sure. Talented in his sport, boxing? Sure. More talented than Ronda and the entire UFC roster at MMA? No. I guess Floyd's more "talented" than the world's most intelligent and skilled doctors at medicine too, just because he earns more money than them, huh?

Classic conflation. Is a doctor's end goal to make money? Sure, for some, but the actual practice of medicine is about curing people of ailments. Money making is a product of this.

The UFC is a business. Boxing is a business. What is the goal for businesses? Making money. Again, there is a reason why Mayweather made more in 1 (one) fight than the entire UFC ROSTER has since the "sport's" inception - he is far more talented at his craft and is rewarded for it in turn. If anyone in the UFC had an iota of the talent Maywather did they wouldn't be fighting for 5K in reebok money. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Holy fucking shit you plebs are so hard headed that your denying floyd as the most talented fighter of this generation? go watch more than UFC and expand your fighting mind just because some guy can stuff a take down and throw a high kick that doesnt mean your more talented than one of the greatest strikers of all time.

Classic conflation. Is a doctor's end goal to make money? Sure, for some, but the actual practice of medicine is about curing people of ailments. Money making is a product of this.

The UFC is a business. Boxing is a business. What is the goal for businesses? Making money. Again, there is a reason why Mayweather made more in 1 (one) fight than the entire UFC ROSTER has since the "sport's" inception - he is far more talented at his craft and is rewarded for it in turn. If anyone in the UFC had an iota of the talent Maywather did they wouldn't be fighting for 5K in reebok money. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Of course he'd be more talented in HIS craft. He's a professional boxer who competes in professional boxing. He's a great boxer who earns excellent money in a career that pays more (as opposed to fighting in MMA or any other martial arts for that matter).

You know, healthcare is also a business, and we can also state that part of being a healthcare worker is to earn money. Doctors and nurses get paid good money but they get paid nowhere close to, say, a music artist or an actor, but can we make a generalized statement and say an artist is more "talented" than a highly-skilled surgeon? Maybe in acting, yes. But in performing surgery or treating ailments? No.

This reminds me of those A-class athlete threads where people literally define being more athletic as "getting paid more" so someone who is in a sport where one earns more money means they are more "athletic." There's your conflation.

4736718-4283512758-52846.jpg

Back