Mayweather/Maidana ppv projections 800-900k

Him and Steve Kim and Co from max boxing alot of good writers journalists in boxing. Dan has been caught lying in the past. Hell for me its like this Dan's inside source works at gbp who overhears it and its legit or it's a cable guy who has l

Well no one thought this was going to do huge numbers. Most guesses were in the 800k to 1.2m range. I think it will be closer to 1.2m then 800k when all is said and done.

I'm sticking with Rafael. He's the best boxing journalist and keeps it legit. There's a reason why he won the 2013 award for excellence in boxing journalism.

Why would he need to lie about the ppv #'s?

He's a shit writer.

That would be awesome fight. I think it will be made if there is no floyd maidana rematch

Don't listen to boxingnews24...

All of the writers on there are actually Eddy Pronishev and David Rosenberg of ESB.

Gilfoid, Williams, Mckay, Ambrose are all one and the same. They fabricate quotes, create fake news and even post material that is months old.

Second: Those numbers are bad, but I think Showtime expected them to be low. I mean there was no press tour at all. It was just like the Guerrero fight.

The rematch will do better numbers.

ambrose is just hilarious.

he called the alvarez-trout decision " the robbery of the century " .

Don't listen to boxingnews24...

All of the writers on there are actually Eddy Pronishev and Davidr Rosenberg of ESB.

Gilfoid, Williams, Mckay, Ambrose are all one and the same. They fabricate quotes, create fake news and even post material that is months old.

Second: Those numbers are bad, but I think Showtime expected them to be low. I mean there was no press tour at all. It was just like the Guerrero fight.

The rematch will do better numbers.
I remember reading Floyd did one press conference and that was it, you figure they were expecting this exact number.

I was on boxing24 just because it was easy but I left after they made up story claiming Obama said that Manny was better than Ali, Duran, Robinson, Floyd and Armstrong. Just shameful.

Those should be considered great numbers for a PPV but when you take into account Mayweather's salary then its a disappointment. Lets not forget you had Khan and Broner on the undercard, there is no way Showtime is making money with those numbers.

where is zroc with his twitter and google trends mumbo jumbo to say it got 100 million in argentina

The problem with his trending data is that it's ignores the simple fact that these PPVs cost a lot of money. Showtime is asking people to spend $80 for that fight(HD+Tax). That has to take a massive dent out of buys when it's a huge underdog with basically little name value in the U.S. I mean people bitch about their cable bill as it is....$160 a month...whatever. Now you're adding $80 to that for a few hours of programming. It's insane. Granted PPVs basically survive with the notion people have friends to split these costs, it's still a lot to ask.

Hopefully the PPV numbers continue to decline across both boxing and MMA so that we can watch our sports the same way fans of other sports do.

I am not cheap, but it just strikes me as insane that people will pay that amount of money to watch an event on TV.

We should be cheering the inevitable death of the current PPV model and hoping it happens soon.

It will never happen.

Once the internet genie is out of the bottle there is no forcing it back. I wouldn't expect the PPV business to remain stagnant. It's not going away soon obviously but I sure as hell wouldn't count on it remaining intact as is either.

Once the internet genie is out of the bottle there is no forcing it back. I wouldn't expect the PPV business to remain stagnant. It's not going away soon obviously but I sure as hell wouldn't count on it remaining intact as is either.

Why though? Boxing PPVs are doing as well as they ever have and thats with more resources to steal events on the internet.

A ppv selling 900k may be a "disappointment" for a Floyd fight but it wouldn't make anywhere near that on free tv.

Why though? Boxing PPVs are doing as well as they ever have and thats with more resources to steal events on the internet.

A ppv selling 900k may be a "disappointment" for a Floyd fight but it wouldn't make anywhere near that on free tv.

Floyd will be long retire before anything with PPV happens obviously. Why would it change? Well lots of possible reasons. Even though there is more resources to steal events on the internet, pirate stream quality still isn't where it needs to be and also the internet hasn't integrated with TV to the mass public yet. Sure you can hook up a laptop to the internet or launch a youtube app but it really isn't integrated. When that happens we will probably see a ton of game changers in the way we watch content and it will extend far beyond PPV. Napster didn't kill the music industry. Album sales were at an all time high during Napster's peak, MP3s themselves weren't the issue....it wasn't until the masses had a way to listen to MP3s(iPod). That's when everything changed. That hasn't happened yet for TVs for internet integration.

Unless big brother can really put a lockdown on the content it's going to force a lot of changes quickly. Generation Y will continue to age and take up more purchasing power and then Z will follow and these are tech savvy generations growing up "watching shit for free".

I don't see boxing as some special snowflake that will be immune to piracy in the future and they will have a huge target if they continue down the archaic path of $60-$80 PPVs through the cable/dish provider. They are still protected in the current landscape of people watching TV through their cable box.

It will never happen.

Current PPV model, not the concept of paying for boxing content.

Nobody serious thinks this PPV model will last. WWE and UFC aren't attempting their subscription models because they think PPV will be strong forever.

Boxing's current model will last longer than those two, but not forever.

Current PPV model, not the concept of paying for boxing content.

Nobody serious thinks this PPV model will last. WWE and UFC aren't attempting their subscription models because they think PPV will be strong forever.

Boxing's current model will last longer than those two, but not forever.
What I dont get is why boxing doesnt do online ppvs. I have literally no way to watch 99% of boxing live where I live, but because of ufcs online ppv I pay for most ufc fights I want to watch.

Back