Mayweather/Maidana ppv projections 800-900k

I'm home now and as promised links for the rumored ppv numbers.

By Chris Williams: In the last couple of days there’s been rumors that the Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Marcos Maidana fought drew between 800,000 and 900,000 pay-per-view buys on Showtime.

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2014/05/no-mayweather-maidana-ppv-numbers-says-showtimes-espinoza/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+boxingnews24%2FXJkL+%28Boxing+News%29

By Michael Wood

Rumors are kicking around the internets about the pay-per-view buy rates for the May 3 Floyd Mayweather-Marcos Maidana fight/card.

The promotion did under 900,000 buys, I heard.

Same as the fight versus Robert Guerrero, I heard.

http://www.thesweetscience.com/news/articles/18560-showtimes-espinoza-talks-mayweather-ppv-numbers

Again nothing official but found it interesting two different sites, two different editors both have numbers in the same range.

where is zroc with his twitter and google trends mumbo jumbo to say it got 100 million in argentina

Pretty sure they all get it from the original guy.

Floyd***39;s PPV only did 854,000! Showtime released nothing, now we know why! Spin King Stephen Espinoza into action as "Red Ink" is flowing!

where is zroc with his twitter and google trends mumbo jumbo to say it got 100 million in argentina

It did incredible numbers in Argentina though.

roughly 1.5-2m viewers in Buenos Aires alone.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f5...s-indicating-around-1-5-million-buys-2731283/

he predicted 1.5 - 2 million with his google search trending analysis

He knows better, though I appreciate his cheerleading for the sport :icon_chee, MMA people do it all the time.

But seriously, around 900K against Maidana is solid. The only thing out of whack is the guarantee and overspending on an overvalued undercard. No wonder there's turmoil in GBP. I can't hate on Mayweather making as much $ as possible.

Still better than Pac/Bradley 2.

so Floyd > Pac.

Before I even clicked this thread I knew a Floyd fanatic would be comparing Pac and Floyd PPV numbers.

I think this means they both need each other for that super fight. That 3 million mark. The media and fans have cooled off on both guys.

Back in 2009-10-11-12 ppl would buy their fights hoping it would lead to each other.

Well Pac shouldnt of walked away twice so either way floyd is on top.

If pac wants the fight chase the champ and dont walk away if you get another chance with the top dog of the sport. Its that simple

I thought it would do 1/1.5 millon.

Pacman vs floyd would do over canelos 2.2. Few years ago it would have done 3 millon easy. Now not sure.

If the numbers are correct, i think floyd should do 65/35 split. He is the bigger draw still, but not by the percentage he wishes. Pacman is number 2 ppv easy by miles.

Shame the fight didnt happen after pac fought hatton or cotto. His ego got to him after that and he wasnt the same and floyds started to slow down too. We were denied our big fight who evers fault it was

Well Pac shouldnt of walked away twice so either way floyd is on top.

If pac wants the fight chase the champ and dont walk away if you get another chance with the top dog of the sport. Its that simple

Like when Floyd recently said he'd rather just give his belt to Manny, rather than fight him? Yeah, go get yourself banned for a 5th time please.

Lucky for Showtime they made a ton on the Canelo fight cause the other two they lost money. Rumor is the need to do atleast 1-1.1/1.2 to make money on a Floyd PPV.

I wonder if the MM rematch or Khan fight wil do better now that Floyd looked beatable. Maybe more people will now think Floyd can and might lose and will now want to see the last fights of his career cause you might see something big happen.

Like when Floyd recently said he'd rather just give his belt to Manny, rather than fight him? Yeah, go get yourself banned for a 5th time please.

You dont have anything logically to say and you get so butt hurt if anyone speaks about your god. You do know that your god manny walked away from the fight you keep asking about?

WHat do you say to that?

Pac and Floyd would do more ppv buys today then it ever would have in the past.
This whole back and forth between them and allure of this fight has only brought more interest and potential buyers.
You're lying to yourself if you think you would have bought this fight in 09 but not in 2014/2015.
Anybody who would've purchased that fight in 09 is without question going to buy it today. And not only that but people who had no interest in boxing will likely buy this fight because of the attraction for it.
Mayweather vs Pacquiao September 2015- 3-4m ppv buys

To keep it on topic.
May-Maidana is looking to easily be over 1m.
Im betting it hits 1.2-1.3m

Iole of yahoo is saying he has heard as well 900k buys range. Should have concrete #'s by the weekend.

The rumours are coming from a known troll who has a reputation for making up fake PPV numbers. Apparently it's literally some guy who is 40 and lives with his parents. It's BS. The same guy trying is trying to claim May vs Canelo did 1.8 million. He's yelling on his twitter about a bunch revelations claiming his imaginary sources are telling him things. The guy is just feeding the egos of people like the TS, and they're repeating it while he's laughing from his mom's basement. Another source is saying 1.8 million for Floyd-Maidana but of course Wand forgot to mention that one, even though I'm sure he's aware of it, and will likely pretend he isn't now. I don't think neither are true. As I said before, this is when the trolls emerge to boost their twitter followers.

Ghost vs May was not confirmed by "Forbes." Shut your little trap Wandy and quit repeating that as if it's true. Forbes cannot confirm PPV numbers that have nothing to do with them. They're only repeating what some stubborn boxing journalists are saying. You're so desperate to trick people now you're blatantly lying in your opening post. The only people who can confirm PPV numbers is the cable network itself ... that's Showtime, which they did when they said it would hit 1 million.

This is the exact nonsense I said would happening when I replied to Wand's troll thread before. The thread where we confirmed he couldn't read English very well then suddenly stopped posting when he realised the mistake but refused to admit it. I said the first bit of news we get on numbers will come from a troll, who will feed trolls like Wand, who will in turn feed other trolls. In the end we will get the real numbers it won't matter because these jaded morons will just want to run around repeating the first thing they heard.

But fuck it. The gullible always fall for this shit.

Last edited:
Back