Mayweather/Maidana ppv projections 800-900k

"Not true at all", that is ridiculous.

He definitely not at all wrong about what he said.

Sure, the hardcore fans (like most people in this forum) care about the undercard but i would definitely be willing to bet that a large amount of people who purchase the PPV's don't really give a shit about it, if we were to take a poll or quiz them on it.

Throughout the years, i have seen/met a lot of casual fans and the large majority of them don't care about the undercard. Infact, most of the time they don't even know who is fighting on the undercard, let alone think about it when deciding if they want to buy the PPV or not.

Most of them see who is in the main fight, and decide right away if they are interested in it or not.

Is it stupid? Yes, but that is the way it is if we are being honest.

This entire post should have start with..."my big unsubstantiated guess is that....."

lol wha average fans don't even watch the undercard in boxing. this would have done same buys with only the main event

I'm not into boxing much but I watch the undercards. Sometimes I'm like " KO this guy ffs , there are like 3 more fights till the main event " and sometimes I'm like " Oh man , what an awesome fight " .

I thought the undercard of Canelo / Angulo was awesome. All of the fights were really , really good .

Same thing goes to the undercard of Mayweather / Maidana . Amir Khan is always fun to watch haha !

And you can say that I'm not an average fan , but I am THE MOST casual boxing fan you could ever find.

I've bought both events. Money well spent if you ask me

Wrong. Floyd needs to face a Mexican fighter. Mexicans are the ppv draw.

I believe that is why floyd fights mexicans in may so much, however no one gave Maidana a shot, i love me some Maidana and i thought it would be a wash.
Watch if they rematch it will do big numbers

The rematch will bring in bigger numbers for sure. 800-900k is still pretty damn impressive if you consider the fact that nobody gave Dana a snowballs chance in hell of winning. It was the first Floyd PPV that I hadn't bought since his comeback in 09.

I'm not into boxing much but I watch the undercards. Sometimes I'm like " KO this guy ffs , there are like 3 more fights till the main event " and sometimes I'm like " Oh man , what an awesome fight " .

I thought the undercard of Canelo / Angulo was awesome. All of the fights were really , really good .

Same thing goes to the undercard of Mayweather / Maidana . Amir Khan is always fun to watch haha !

And you can say that I'm not an average fan , but I am THE MOST casual boxing fan you could ever find.

I've bought both events. Money well spent if you ask me

you WATCH them, yes, you don't BUY the ppv because of them. I've watched probably 10-15 ppv fights over the last few years (including all of floyds) at house parties, bars and small gatherings. at almost all of them nobody is much more than glancing at the TV screen until the main event.

im quite confident mayweathers buys would not drop more than 100k with no undercard period and i think that is being extremely generous, it's probably closer to 20k difference.

Hey non boxing fan, quit telling the average boxing fan what we like.

You're coming across as a big dummy on this thread

so you think may/maid would have done 700k or less with zero undercard? you are delusional

Really? Does every single post of yours HAVE to be about how you think Floyd is greater than Pacquiao?

I mean, i don't like Floyd at all (though i respect his skill), but you won't see me posting about how Pac is better than Floyd because he sold more PPV's. Really, who cares? I have much more important things to do and think about than worry about every single thing either of them do with their lives.

I would think, and hope, that you do too.

I honestly am not sure if you intended to quote someone else because your response has 0 to do with the content of my post you quoted.

Back