Mayweather Jr. vs. Alvarez

Status
Not open for further replies.
the bowel movement was probably caused by leonard humiliating him and boxing his ears off :D
Stress, Anxiety and fear can cause bowel problems .

incidentally, does anyone have the link to that article about boxers and mma fighters shitting themselves during fights ?

EDIt: found it http://fightlinker.com/a-short-history-of-fighters-crapping-their-pants/

Duran wasn't scared. I don't think he gave much thought to what he was doing; it was impulsive. In the immediate aftermath he didn't seem to understand the full extent of it either, according to folk that were around him. He expected a third fight with Leonard to happen sooner rather than later.

The bowel problems could be true, but Freddie Brown was said to have admitted before he died that he made up the "stomach problems" as he wasn't happy that Ray Arcel made no effort to defend Duran for quitting.

There was also a bit of cynicism that his stomach was the issue. Sure, he went to the hospital later that night - but only after going back to his hotel to party for several hours.

It's quite possible that his stomach was giving him problems; he cut too much weight in too short a period of time, then gorged. It's also just as possible that his machismo led to him making the decision to walk away from Leonard due to his antics, out of instinct and/or emotion.

im not saying one way or the other but I know from experience that I sparred in highschool and that day for lunch had pizza and soda. That shit gave me bad bubble guts. Thought I was gonna shit my pants. Had to stop after 2 rounds. and I never ate bad before fighting again.

Great story right lol

Bro you're just reaching in every post its absurd. You do know the first fight Duran won, right?

we're talking about the second fight, the one where he had to take a shit ,the one where leonard boxed circles around him and frustrated him , the one where he said " no mas " .

the post couldn't be any more clearer.

Last edited:
Too much tension is this thread...this should change things:

denise-milani.jpg

With a Floyd fight coming up, I gotta post his legendary mitt work with Uncle Rog.

[YT]HbC00T-3eS4[/YT]

Most people don't know shit about boxing.

Last edited:
Mayweather is top 3 all time. If he beats Canelo and get's one more big win, maybe Martinez, I'd say he's arguably the GOAT. He DID pitch a shutout against Corrales 12 years ago, pitched a shutout against Marquez 4 years ago, and showed no signs of slowing down in his last fight.
I'd say the fact that he fought two HOFs 8 years apart and made them both look amateur really speaks to how great Mayweather is in terms of his place in history.The fact that he's doing it to a new generation of boxing (Ortiz, Guerrero, maybe Canelo) really makes him stand out to me, I think most greats would be losing at this point to new up comers.

Mayweather is top 3 all time. If he beats Canelo and get's one more big win, maybe Martinez, I'd say he's arguably the GOAT. He DID pitch a shutout against Corrales 12 years ago, pitched a shutout against Marquez 4 years ago, and showed no signs of slowing down in his last fight.
I'd say the fact that he fought two HOFs 8 years apart and made them both look amateur really speaks to how great Mayweather is in terms of his place in history.The fact that he's doing it to a new generation of boxing (Ortiz, Guerrero, maybe Canelo) really makes him stand out to me, I think most greats would be losing at this point to new up comers.

Number 1 is far fetched. I say a win over Pacquiap added with a win over Canelo would put him in the top 5 and that's great praise already. Lets are how his career finishes before talking about being the GOAT.

"Floyd Mayweather doesnt do catchweights...... except when a potential opponents manager offers one. Then I do it. But you cant criticize because it wasnt me that asked!!"

......... was all I got outta that article.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back