Mayweather Jr. vs. Alvarez

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he fought him at that weight your argument would hold up. I'm the last person to have this argument with.

Thats not what you said tho. In the quote of yours before you were talking to some one else and you stated that floyd swore that he would never do a catch weight.

You try to defer from that statement. When has floyd ever swore that he would never do a catch weight?

Because if you cant back that up with evidence it shows that you make things up when you are talking to people and i dont even think you realize you do it.

Just like that quote that Prez has as his sig. That is a pretty outrageous thing to say

Well there are plenty of articles to find but you seem a bit on tge lazy side so here is one:
http://www.boxingtalk.com/pag/article.php?aid=23311

If clicking the link is too daunting of a task for you then ill provide a quote:
"

I agree its bullshit to fight someone for their belt at a catch weight. PAC did it a couple of times and Floyd's doing it now. You can fight at a catch weight, that's actually a good thing as it allows for more fights to happen, but not for someone's belt. If someone is the champ at 154, they should be able to defend it at 154.

I agree its bullshit to fight someone for their belt at a catch weight. PAC did it a couple of times and Floyd's doing it now. You can fight at a catch weight, that's actually a good thing as it allows for more fights to happen, but not for someone's belt. If someone is the champ at 154, they should be able to defend it at 154.

AGAIN...it takes two to tango. Canelo agreed to this fight...to this weight, etc.

AGAIN...it takes two to tango. Canelo agreed to this fight...to this weight, etc.

And I'm glad he did. I'm just saying I don't think he had a choice about putting his belts up. He shouldn't have to put his 154 belts up if he's taking a 152 fight.

And I'm glad he did. I'm just saying I don't think he had a choice about putting his belts up. He shouldn't have to put his 154 belts up if he's taking a 152 fight.

I am not disagreeing about your point. And I honestly don't know the exact details of their contract or who agreed to what. But when both parties agree to the terms...i don't think one party (Floyd) should be criticized more. This will most likely be the biggest fight ever (in terms of $$$)...so i highly doubt Canelo is losing sleep over the weight of 152, belts, etc.

Slim your article does not back up the claim you made man. I heard Floyd all the time talking shit on catch weights but you said he swore he wouldnt do it. Those are two different things and one you made up.

Its pointless talking to you. I dont even think you know what your talking about half the time

Slim your article does not back up the claim you made man. I heard Floyd all the time talking shit on catch weights but you said he swore he wouldnt do it. Those are two different things and one you made up.

Its pointless talking to you. I dont even think you know what your talking about half the time

Um the article I provided proves exactly that. He's not "talking shit" on catch weights, he's saying "I don't do that" because he's "not that type of guy." You're trying to nit pick the wording so you don't have to admit I'm right. And that's only 1 article. One time of many he asserted he does not do catch weights.

You're damn right it's pointless to debate with you. You're not on your 5th account here for no reason.

Um the article I provided proves exactly that. He's not "talking shit" on catch weights, he's saying "I don't do that" because he's "not that type of guy." You're trying to nit pick the wording so you don't have to admit I'm right. And that's only 1 article. One time of many he asserted he does not do catch weights.

You're damn right it's pointless to debate with you. You're not on your 5th account here for no reason.

Of course Im going to nit pick what you say because this is a forum and you say things that you cant back up to be true. You told a guy that floyd swore he wouldnt do a catch weight, thats different than talking shit on them.

At worst hes a hypocrite but fuck it. as long as the fight got made I dont give a shit. at least he didnt walk away from the fight like pac did. he didnt have to worry about weight he just had to take a drug test.

Wonder why pac wouldnt take a drug test to secure the biggest fight in history?

here you go slim-

09pacquiao-2-articleLarge.jpg

Of course Im going to nit pick what you say because this is a forum and you say things that you cant back up to be true. You told a guy that floyd swore he wouldnt do a catch weight, thats different than talking shit on them.

At worst hes a hypocrite but fuck it. as long as the fight got made I dont give a shit. at least he didnt walk away from the fight like pac did. he didnt have to worry about weight he just had to take a drug test.

Wonder why pac wouldnt take a drug test to secure the biggest fight in history?

here you go slim-

09pacquiao-2-articleLarge.jpg

Everything with you ALWAYS leads back to Pacquiao. Even when he's not a part of the conversation lol

Calvin%2520Klein%2520OBSESSION%2520for%2520MEN.jpg

I don't see how anyone can say Floyd isn't at least somewhat of a hypocrite over the catchweight thing. He said he wasn't the sort of boxer had catchweight bouts. He then agreed to a catchweight bout (and the catchweight being to his benefit).

I didn't like the catchweights when Pac was doing them and I don't like it here, especially if you look at Canelo's history of making weight.

I don't see how anyone can say Floyd isn't at least somewhat of a hypocrite over the catchweight thing. He said he wasn't the sort of boxer had catchweight bouts. He then agreed to a catchweight bout (and the catchweight being to his benefit).

I didn't like the catchweights when Pac was doing them and I don't like it here, especially if you look at Canelo's history of making weight.

It IS hypocritical. But the only point that bothers me more than him contradicting himself is, and I've always contended this, that he doesn't need a catch weight. He beats Canelo easy at 154. The 152 is stupid. Just making Canelo do more work.

He is being very hypocritical

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back