Mayweather Jr. vs. Alvarez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, we already knew that before you posted as much...

Please, tell me more about how Floyd is against catch weight fights, yet is the only fighter who gets a pass to do one.

After that, you can go make me a sandwich.

Please, tell me more about how Floyd is against catch weight fights, yet is the only fighter who gets a pass to do one.

Please point out whenever I've posted such stuff.

After that you can get back to sucking dick in the back alley for loose change.

Canelo didn't have to agree to fight him at 152. The last time i checked...Mayweather has never before requested a catch weight. And there is no way to tell for sure if he forced Canelo to fight at 152 or Canelo proposed it because he desperately wanted the fight. Either way...Alvarez accepted. Floyd really has no business fighting at 154 and Canelo has outgrown that weight division as well. Seems fair to me.

Canelo didn't have to agree to fight him at 152. The last time i checked...Mayweather has never before requested a catch weight. And there is no way to tell for sure if he forced Canelo to fight at 152 or Canelo proposed it because he desperately wanted the fight. Either way...Alvarez accepted. Floyd really has no business fighting at 154 and Canelo has outgrown that weight division as well. Seems fair to me.

Canelo agreed to a career high payday, that's what he did. And Floyd has no business fighting at a weight he's fought at twice before and won a title both times? C'mon now....

Number 1 is far fetched. I say a win over Pacquiap added with a win over Canelo would put him in the top 5 and that's great praise already. Lets are how his career finishes before talking about being the GOAT.

Is it really far fetched though? Its not just who he's beat, it's HOW he's beat them. Like others have mentioned, Mayweather barely loses any rounds to ANYONE (minus Castillo 1).
I agree, it's too soon to label him the GOAT, but I certainly wouldn't call anyone crazy that made that argument, he's very close.

Canelo agreed to a career high payday, that's what he did. And Floyd has no business fighting at a weight he's fought at twice before and won a title both times? C'mon now....

So not sure what you are complaining about. The guys Floyd fought at 154 didn't weigh over 170 pounds come fight night. He doesn't NEED to risk fighting guys that are a lot bigger than him. If Canelo is either to stupid or greedy (or he simply thinks an extra 2 pounds wont effect him) to fight at 152...that is not Floyd's problem.

So not sure what you are complaining about. The guys Floyd fought at 154 didn't weigh over 170 pounds come fight night. He doesn't NEED to risk fighting guys that are a lot bigger than him. If Canelo is either to stupid or greedy (or he simply thinks an extra 2 pounds wont effect him) to fight at 152...that is not Floyd's problem.

Eh, not complaining at all. What you're choosing to ignore is that Floyd accepted the catch weight as well. Something he railed against, swore he'd never do, and constantly criticized Pac for doing. Then justifies taking a catch weight fight himself by using the excuse "Well, Canelo was the one who asked!" Yeah, that's lame. Ellerbe is full of shit too.

I understand Floyd doesn't have to fight guys much bigger than him. He also doesn't need to make catch weight fights with them either. Either make the weight, or fight someone else. Especially after hearing his endless crap about how he "wants to fight fighters at their TRUE weight. Where they are most comfortable. I don't want no excuses."

Anyone want to put money on this? Ill put my $100 to your $50.

I have Floyd, obviously.

"Floyd Mayweather doesnt do catchweights...... except when a potential opponents manager offers one. Then I do it. But you cant criticize because it wasnt me that asked!!"

......... was all I got outta that article.

Thats better than insisting. Like other people

Eh, not complaining at all. What you're choosing to ignore is that Floyd accepted the catch weight as well. Something he railed against, swore he'd never do, and constantly criticized Pac for doing. Then justifies taking a catch weight fight himself by using the excuse "Well, Canelo was the one who asked!" Yeah, that's lame. Ellerbe is full of shit too.

I understand Floyd doesn't have to fight guys much bigger than him. He also doesn't need to make catch weight fights with them either. Either make the weight, or fight someone else. Especially after hearing his endless crap about how he "wants to fight fighters at their TRUE weight. Where they are most comfortable. I don't want no excuses."

Your crazy mind adds and makes things up. Like when the fuck has Floyd ever came out and said He swears he will never do a catch weight like you just said. WOW

and ya he critized pac because pac was doing it to people he didnt have to.

Pac would fight at 147 but his next fight tell the guy no you got to make 143. Then make JMM come up to a weight he didnt want.

Whats really weird is you are only really mad at people for getting mad at pac for doing this. Then getting mad at floyd for the same thing Pac did for years.

If you were ok with pac when he did it then you probably should of just shut the fuck up when Floyd did it. Then you wouldnt come off as such a fan boy to everyone

Thats better than insisting. Like other people

Nah, not really. But your obsession with Manny makes you think that way sooooooooo, not much of a point in debating it with ya. Good try though, kid.

Your crazy mind adds and makes things up. Like when the fuck has Floyd ever came out and said He swears he will never do a catch weight like you just said. WOW

and ya he critized pac because pac was doing it to people he didnt have to.

Pac would fight at 147 but his next fight tell the guy no you got to make 143. Then make JMM come up to a weight he didnt want.

Whats really weird is you are only really mad at people for getting mad at pac for doing this. Then getting mad at floyd for the same thing Pac did for years.

If you were ok with pac when he did it then you probably should of just shut the fuck up when Floyd did it. Then you wouldnt come off as such a fan boy to everyone

There were numerous times Floyd criticized Pac and catchweights in general. Going on to say he wants fighters "At their true weight. Where they are at their best." Before the Cotto fight he said this a lot.

And I've never liked catchweight fights, even Pac's. I don't like them and I've said this before. But you ignore that because your obsessive hatred of him and lame attempts at trolling his fans won't allow you to recognize that this ISN'T a world of fanatical Pacquiao fans that take everything personal, like you pretend it to be. Your obsession with him is unhealthy, guy. It's okay. Just breathe and relax. It'll be okay.

There were numerous times Floyd criticized Pac and catchweights in general. Going on to say he wants fighters "At their true weight. Where they are at their best." Before the Cotto fight he said this a lot.

And I've never liked catchweight fights, even Pac's. I don't like them and I've said this before. But you ignore that because your obsessive hatred of him and lame attempts at trolling his fans won't allow you to recognize that this ISN'T a world of fanatical Pacquiao fans that take everything personal, like you pretend it to be. Your obsession with him is unhealthy, guy. It's okay. Just breathe and relax. It'll be okay.

Thats not what you said tho. In the quote of yours before you were talking to some one else and you stated that floyd swore that he would never do a catch weight.

You try to defer from that statement. When has floyd ever swore that he would never do a catch weight?

Because if you cant back that up with evidence it shows that you make things up when you are talking to people and i dont even think you realize you do it.

Just like that quote that Prez has as his sig. That is a pretty outrageous thing to say

I am not ignoring anything. I just don't care! This is the first time Floyd is fighting at a catch weight...and its against someone who will most likely outweigh him by at least 20 pounds come fight night. And how do you know Ellerbe is full of shit and not Oscar, Canelo, and company?! Canelo was practically BEGGING for this fight. He is a professional. So if his greed over rode his logic...that's his fucking problem. You seem to forget that boxing is a much a business as anything else. Maybe Floyd shouldn't be fighting Canelo and vice versa. But they realized it will generate huge amounts of money. 152 was agreed on. End of story. Stop being a Floyd hater and try to disguise it as "Either make the weight, or fight someone else."

Juan Manuel Marquez says 'sup chef.

Did someone put a gun to Marquez's head and say you have to fight Floyd at 147?! Did someone force Marquez to continue with the fight even though Floyd came over?! Marquez had a fat payday...and i haven't heard him complaining since. Haters gonna hate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back