Mayweather Jr. vs. Alvarez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course Im going to nit pick what you say because this is a forum and you say things that you cant back up to be true. You told a guy that floyd swore he wouldnt do a catch weight, thats different than talking shit on them.

At worst hes a hypocrite but fuck it. as long as the fight got made I dont give a shit. at least he didnt walk away from the fight like pac did. he didnt have to worry about weight he just had to take a drug test.

Wonder why pac wouldnt take a drug test to secure the biggest fight in history?

here you go slim-

09pacquiao-2-articleLarge.jpg

You can say what you want but you know damn well that you and every other Pac hater constantly point to catch weights to discredit Pac.. even Mayweather has done this.. and now he is asking for a catch weight.. and had Canelo just said no and the fight not happened as a result I guarantee you would be on here putting the blame on Canelo and not Mayweather.. I guarantee it...

DOuble standard

Also, making an unreasonable demand is as good as saying no and walking away... it's that simple.. if I go to a car lot and the dealer comes out and tells me the car I like is 20 grand and I say "I'll give 5 dollars and my marble collection".. I'm saying no.. not him...Pac has his flaws and certainly could have just agreed to the original drug testing demands.. that could have happened.. and should have.. I think it would have had Pac realized that Mayweather wasn't going to fold to public pressure and would gladly end his career without ever facing Pac..Pac was trying to call his bluff and it didnt work.. so Pac began giving way in the negotiations and May took that and ran with it.. the last negotiation, it was indisputably Mayweather that was being unreasonable.. and if you were an honest man.. if you had an ounce of integrity and weren't just a fanboy, you would admit this fact. You can't have 100% of the ppv and expect a fighter that is drawing almost as much as you to sign.. that's as good as saying no. Also, when somebody throws down a winner takes the large cut challenge and you disregard it, that says something about your confidence level..

Anyways.. I really get weathered with our constant repeating this stuff..but I know somewhere behind all your fanboy outer crust is a boxing fan and I can't help but try to get through to that dude.

Isn't it Canelo & Co. who asked for the catch weight ???
From what I understand it was an unsolicited offer from their camp.

Although people will still be mad at Floyd for taking it.

Everyone bashing Floyd for catch weight.
Watch the last all access.

Canelo offered it to make the fight

Isn't it Canelo & Co. who asked for the catch weight ???
From what I understand it was an unsolicited offer from their camp.

Although people will still be mad at Floyd for taking it.

No.. his manager stated that they would do anything to get the fight..even if that meant fighting at a catch weight.. Mayweather's manager said they were simply taking advantage of Canelo's managers stupidity..
He even said "his manager screwed him" or something to that effeect.
any way you slice it, you have realize that TMT is taking advantage of the situation to face a weakened version of Canelo.

Wow, the Floyd fans...... good lord.

I don't care if Canelo or his management offered. Most fighters within three weight classes of Floyd would make any number of concessions to get a fight with him. The fact is Mayweather agreed to a catch weight, regardless of who offered it. He agreed to the very thing he's criticized others for and claims he doesn't need to do. It's a hypocritical move. And the same Floyd fans who bashed Manny for catch weights (as if he invented them for Christ's sake) are the first ones to spin up any reason they can to justify Floyds catch weight fight with Saul Alvarez. Unreal.

I am not much of a boxing fan but this fight seems huge.

If Floyd loses, will the upset be on the same level as Anderson losing to Weidman? Or bigger?

This still is an excuse to hate on Floyd.
If he wins it will be discredited because it was at 152

Big fucking deal - 2lbs
Canelo will be 165+ night of fight.....but keep hating

This still is an excuse to hate on Floyd.
If he wins it will be discredited because it was at 152

Big fucking deal - 2lbs
Canelo will be 165+ night of fight.....but keep hating

I was fine with Pac making demands and fighters being willing to meet them.. Im fine with Floyd doing the same.. but the bottom line is he is a hypocrit for criticizing and "hating" on Pac for doing the same thing.. and here he is in his most significant fight in years.. making his opponent do the same so he can get an edge in the late rounds... and his fans who also "hated" on pac for the same reason are fully supporting him..

It's still going to be a great fight.. Canelo wouldnt have agreed if he didnt think he could make it comfortably...So credit will still be do to Mayweather if he wins.. but that doesn't make the situation any less hilarious.. and that doesn't make the fact that Mayweather blatantly and openly admitted he has 0 integrity through these actions when contrasted with his words any less hilarious.

I am not much of a boxing fan but this fight seems huge.

If Floyd loses, will the upset be on the same level as Anderson losing to Weidman? Or bigger?

much bigger...

people are a little shocked when an upset in mma happens.. but it's also a more apparent possibility in mma than it is in boxing so it's not the level of shock we would see if May lost to Canelo..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back