Maycee Barber's Dad: "We now know Maycee has the highest level of heart and skill in the game."

Yeah nah, she was already losing well before the injury. GTFO with that 10 seconds in bullshit.

Once Barber gets higher up in the ranks after getting by a few underpowered girls, it's going to be fucking awesome to watch the better fighters annihilate this idiot.

She really isn't that good. Go look at her fights and see. She's beaten nobodies, and Aldrich was piecing her up on the feet until Barber used her size and strength to overwhelm her. That crap isn't going to happen against the better girls.

And she'll never be the youngest champ or whatever she rambles on about while Val is around. Val would absolute destroy this girl everywhere.

Fuck off dad.

She got hurt in round 2 after getting dropped, and it wasn't looking good before that either.

Give Roxxanne her props ass hat.
^ THIS. People chatting like the knee sprain happened in the first 5 seconds of the fight, Barbra or whatever her name is was getting her ass whooped long before any knee sprain. She was getting thrown around like a chubby doll.

@xhaydenx Honestly the whole Maycee and Bucky Barber saga here feels like some retro 1980s-1990s fake martial artist fraud bullshit. It really does.

I mean hey I wasn't around for that stuff but I know about it. It sounds like some Frank Dux shit, or some fake martial artist stuff. Just look at it:

1. Bucky and the two daughters buy black belts and teach classes to a school while only really being "online" blue belts, aka white belts who looked some shit up online and practiced on each other (14-15 year old girls mind you).

2. Huge hype, next big thing, dominant force. Then is exposed for severe lack of skills in the cage. She lost to fucking Roxanne, and no offense here but Roxanne sucks. She's a gatekeeper for a talentless division. Exposed.

3. Excuses. "Oh I couldn't use my chi energy of it would have killed you". Obviously it's not that retarded but it's the modern day equivalent. It just feels like a giant snake oil act from Bucky and the girl. Yeah she's beat some cans, so? Women's MMA isn't exactly chock full of talent, and then she chose the easiest division to fight at - 125.

I just get a weird vibe from all of this, I guess she must be legit because she trains at Rufus sport....but jeez. If not for that I would say this is the equivalent of some 90s vale tudo shit with Kung fu masters, Bart Vale shit.

@xhaydenx Honestly the whole Maycee and Bucky Barber saga here feels like some retro 1980s-1990s fake martial artist fraud bullshit. It really does.

I mean hey I wasn't around for that stuff but I know about it. It sounds like some Frank Dux shit, or some fake martial artist stuff. Just look at it:

1. Bucky and the two daughters buy black belts and teach classes to a school while only really being "online" blue belts, aka white belts who looked some shit up online and practiced on each other (14-15 year old girls mind you).

2. Huge hype, next big thing, dominant force. Then is exposed for severe lack of skills in the cage. She lost to fucking Roxanne, and no offense here but Roxanne sucks. She's a gatekeeper for a talentless division. Exposed.

3. Excuses. "Oh I couldn't use my chi energy of it would have killed you". Obviously it's not that retarded but it's the modern day equivalent. It just feels like a giant snake oil act from Bucky and the girl. Yeah she's beat some cans, so? Women's MMA isn't exactly chock full of talent, and then she chose the easiest division to fight at - 125.

I just get a weird vibe from all of this, I guess she must be legit because she trains at Rufus sport....but jeez. If not for that I would say this is the equivalent of some 90s vale tudo shit with Kung fu masters, Bart Vale shit.

I was around for it, and yes, you are spot-on.

Since I was just in a faber thread I can list at least 2 of his losses where he was way gutsier. When he continued on with 2 broken hands against Brown, and when he finished the 5 rds against Aldo with a leg that looked like it was necrotizing. And there's even better examples than those two, they just came the mind cause of the recent thread I was in.

When he continued on with 2 broken hands against Brown

I was actually thinking about this the other day, and it was pretty wild lol. Dude was throwing straight elbows for long periods of time, and still finished the damn fight. Prime Faber was one of the gutsiest warriors the sport has ever seen.

It's her dad, so it's not unusual to hear it.

That's not to say anything about his character, just usual for a dad to be defensive about his daughter.

tenor.gif

So the whole family is out to lunch

Looks like the apple didn’t fall far from the tree that’s for sure.

Other than discrediting her opponent, I think the worst part was when he said she “showed more heart than most have ever seen”. She’s obviously a tough girl, but it wasn’t some kind of unprecedented display of grit and perseverance.

Last edited:
should have just said she showed heart and tenacity and gutted through an injury. Give Roxy credit and bow out gracefully. This statement basically amounted to- my daughter is incredible, unbeatable and the only thing that could possibly defeat her is the freak-of-nature hand of fate.

@xhaydenx I just get a weird vibe from all of this, I guess she must be legit because she trains at Rufus sport....but jeez. If not for that I would say this is the equivalent of some 90s vale tudo shit with Kung fu masters, Bart Vale shit.

I dont think Roufus give a fuck as long as they are getting gym fees and 10-20% of her money

Was the same with PVZ at TAM. They clearly didnt give a squat about her, but she was getting good show money.

too bad daddy gave her shit genetics and her knee ligaments aren't up to the task of holding up a 125 pound frame.
about 126.5lbs on the scales.

and after enforced rest with the knee thing.... i'd say prob 160lbs fairly soon. None of which will help her knee.

and yeah ...Bucky. STFU man. What a tool.

Back