Max outlanded Dustin. Dustin outpowered Max

Actually that's not true. Most of the replays showed when Max was throwing volume, a lot of it was missing, hitting the arms, or barely grazing Dustin. Volume doesn't mean he outlanded him, Dustin thoroughly dominated Holloway tonight. Look at Max's face, looked like a horror movie.
This

Dustin's DEFENSE was the difference in this fight. Max had his hands down and gave Dustin a bigger target and got busted the fuck up.
Dustin kept covered up, both hands up high mixing up boxing cross guard with elbow blocks and even tucking his chin "philly shell" style.

Both guys threw crazy volume. Dustin had more power and better defense.

usually when one guy is beaten to a pulp and loses but people disagree or think it was super close...usually this losing fighter did severe and equal damage to the other guy.
This didn't happen in this fight. Only one guy did serious damage. Weird we're talking about this.

Is the max nuthuggers struggling to process the ass pounding. It’s surprised me as well.

Yeah but it makes his belt and FW look bad. Dustin beat the hell out of Max..

I don’t agree. Dustin won the fight but just barely, even he admitted himself that Max had him in trouble a few times.

This just tells me that Max is best suited for FW, just as Dustin is clearly better suited for LW.

This is a very good point. Unless you're a fighter who is very strong for your weight class I would not recommend moving up

Thank Dana for this. After Ortega, Max clearly stated he wanted to stay and defend at FW. Dana started putting the pressure in the post fight interviews to move up.

I don’t agree. Dustin won the fight but just barely, even he admitted himself that Max had him in trouble a few times.

This just tells me that Max is best suited for FW, just as Dustin is clearly better suited for LW.

Barely? He beat the shit out of him. Are you kidding me right now?

Barely? He beat the shit out of him. Are you kidding me right now?

I didn’t see that way.

Max never yielded and was competitive throughout even being at a clear strength&power disadvantage. Dustin himself admitted in the octagon that Max had him in trouble “a few times” I believe were his exact words.

I didn’t see that way.

Max never yielded and was competitive throughout even being at a clear strength&power disadvantage. Dustin himself admitted in the octagon that Max had him in trouble “a few times” I believe were his exact words.

Max has no punching power whatsoever. And his defense is not good at all. He enjoys an advantage because of the volume in his class. Outside of that he’s just not that good.

Max has no punching power whatsoever. And his defense is not good at all. He enjoys an advantage because of the volume in his class. Outside of that he’s just not that good.

9B21C4D1-0A10-422C-859B-9C04CD2A8212.gif

Max power deceptive. He lands at range with good snap. Dustin knew not to let Max get going on his drum roll. The take down tie ups while ahead good strategy, Max chin was impressive almost scary, since he could still counter and Dustin got stung a few times.

You could land 100 punches and 1 punch could be better

Max didn't outland Dustin.

A lot of his "volume" barely even reached/grazed Dustin and when it did, Dustin returned the count two-fold.

Dustin was the clear winner tonight. Max just looked flat from his walkout all the way through the fight. I don’t think this was Max on all cylinders, Dustin had a lot to do with that with his awesome power, but Max just wasn’t at his best.

I know Max can be a slow starter, but he just looked flat.

Dustins defence and power won him the fight.

Max could never hit Dustin clean with his high volume and kept getting interrupted by the counters as soon as he tried to pressure.

Dustins boxing is very impressive, probably the best in the division right beside McGregor

I refuse to look at a loss, for a Champ who decided to take a chance by going up, as a sleight.

Respect to the risk takers. They’re the reason this is the greatest show on earth.
More fans should be like this.

What the fuck? All maxs' haters? Who exactly? All i see is respect for both guys..

One doesn't have to be a bitchy child only using others' success to mock the loser.. respect to all the guys putting it on the line for our entertainment.. what a fight!

Back