Max outlanded Dustin. Dustin outpowered Max

Raksas

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Except for round 1 Max pretty much outlanded Poirier in every round. It was a close fight that I think could have gone either way. I'm just sad for max. I said from the beginning that he doesn't belong at 1^55 with his T-Rex arms and was against him moving up. Now his potential goat win streak is ruined forever and it's unlikely that he will put together another 13 fight win streak. People are just out of their minds with these superfights. Let fighters fight at their weight class and be great there. No need for that shit. Respect to Max and fuck all his haters.

Actually that's not true. Most of the replays showed when Max was throwing volume, a lot of it was missing, hitting the arms, or barely grazing Dustin. Volume doesn't mean he outlanded him, Dustin thoroughly dominated Holloway tonight. Look at Max's face, looked like a horror movie.

This is a very good point. Unless you're a fighter who is very strong for your weight class I would not recommend moving up

Max will be back and better than before. Close fight and very good one. Dustin is no slouch. Might be the best dude at 155 after Khabib.

Actually that's not true. Most of the replays showed when Max was throwing volume, a lot of it was missing, hitting the arms, or barely grazing Dustin. Volume doesn't mean he outlanded him, Dustin thoroughly dominated Holloway tonight.

Don't cum in your pants yet boy. People always getting overly excited when their guy wins lol. It was as close of a fight as it can get. No one got dominated here.

In the....4th round was it? Porier looked like he was about to keel over and pass out.
They break off the fence, and Dustin outlands Max for the rest of the round lol. Was WTFIng.

Max will be back and better than before. Close fight and very good one. Dustin is no slouch. Might be the best dude at 155 after Khabib.

His win streak and momentum is ruined forever though. Congrats @ all the fucktards who wanted him to move up.

Yea no way was he actually outlanding Dustin. In 4 of 5 rounds. Stats might show that but they often account for the strikes that were landing on elbows and forearms. At least you acknowledge your bias because there is absolutely no way in hell max won that fight and even a draw is a massive stretch. Tbh it was a pretty clear 4-1 and maybe just maybe an argument could be made for 3-2. Which round other than 3 did Holloway win?

Dustins defense was so on point. His shell and use of his arms while standing right in front of max was brilliant.

When a guy is right there and you can't land solidly it can be demoralizing

WUTT.
I wanted Max to win but it wasn't that close. Wise up.

Don't cum in your pants yet boy. People always getting overly excited when their guy wins lol. It was as close of a fight as it can get. No one got dominated here.
You're kidding right? I like Holloway, don't get me wrong, but he outlanded Dustin with tons of shots that hit the arms or didn't connect cleanly, whereas Dustin was throwing hammers & Max was eating it squarely. This was not a close fight, it was a decisive victory for Dustin. Respect to Max for an incredible chin though.

His win streak is intact.

It’s 13 wins in a row at FW.

21030185-5379-4ED8-98F2-6D219D637B16.gif

Dustins defense was so on point. His shell and use of his arms while standing right in front of max was brilliant.

When a guy is right there and you can't land solidly it can be demoralizing

Max has super short, thin arms. Physically he was outmatched and he still made it a close fight. He belongs at 145.

This is why we watch fights and not judge by fightmetric

it was a close fight, other than the first round

Nah. There were 3 round in which I feared Max would be stopped. Max did amazing to stay in there and there were times when Dustin gassed, but Max always seemed super vulnerable having been dropped 4 or 5 times

Max has super short, thin arms. Physically he was outmatched and he still made it a close fight. He belongs at 145.
It's not like he had a massive physical disadvantage. He's still taller. Hell never be as thick or strong as Dustin no matter what. He fought a better fighter and it was clear.

Well, it answered the question of why Max has been so successful at 145 (outside of being a good fighter): because he cuts a TON of weight and shows up 170lbs in the cage, against mostly smaller opponents. But at 155 he doesn't have a size advantage, he was the smaller and weaker guy in there tonight so he was not able to bully Dustin or keep the forward pressure without getting clipped repeatedly.

I think if Max had time to actually bulk up into 155 and put on muscle he would've fared better in this fight. He looked the same size as he did in the Ortega fight except he simply didn't have to cut as much water weight to make it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back