Max outlanded Dustin. Dustin outpowered Max

Yes, this fight will be a good litmus test in the future to weed out the "fightmetric tells all" fans from fans who actually saw the fight.

Actually that's not true. Most of the replays showed when Max was throwing volume, a lot of it was missing, hitting the arms, or barely grazing Dustin. Volume doesn't mean he outlanded him, Dustin thoroughly dominated Holloway tonight. Look at Max's face, looked like a horror movie.

You can't count on the replay guys to give you an accurate depiction of what happened over 5 rounds.

You either remember enough of the fight to make a judgement, or you don't... If the slow motion replays influence your decision, you don't.

It's not like he had a massive physical disadvantage. He's still taller. Hell never be as thick or strong as Dustin no matter what. He fought a better fighter and it was clear.

I disagree. Max is the better fighter in my opinion

I disagree. Max is the better fighter in my opinion
Dustin poirier is more skilled and it showed clearly. Made him miss often, stood in front and defended his strikes and countered repeatedly with power.

Dustins defense was so on point. His shell and use of his arms while standing right in front of max was brilliant.

When a guy is right there and you can't land solidly it can be demoralizing

Max needed more kicks. His kicks to the body were his best shots and they landed each time, but he only threw like four of them.

Max famously doesn't game plan. I think a game plan would have done wonders for him in this fight.

Dude you completely disregarded the fight stats and come off as a huge nuthugger here.

Blessed got beat.

The best is DDP.

Actually that's not true. Most of the replays showed when Max was throwing volume, a lot of it was missing, hitting the arms, or barely grazing Dustin. Volume doesn't mean he outlanded him, Dustin thoroughly dominated Holloway tonight. Look at Max's face, looked like a horror movie.

This

I only see Max rocking Dustin a couple of times. The rest were just hitting shoulders and arms

Dustin almost put max away, who never did so before

Dustin poirier is more skilled and it showed clearly.

Since when does it show that you are more skilled when you are getting outsruck by another man and the only thing that keeps you in the fight is that you have more power and a longer reach

Output was almost completely even according to the Fightpass stats. The difference is Poirier had power behind them.

You can't count on the replay guys to give you an accurate depiction of what happened over 5 rounds.

You either remember enough of the fight to make a judgement, or you don't... If the slow motion replays influence your decision, you don't.
You can't count on a replay from different angles to judge a fight? Are you serious? You do realize that you're watching a three-dimensional fight on a two-dimensional screen, from an arbitrary camera angle. Yes, you can judge a fight even more upon closer inspection of the replays and camera angles; and they often showed Max hitting the arms, missing or grazing Dustin but not connecting squarely too often. Respect to Max for an incredible chin, he was eating some hammers in that fight, guy looked like he went through the meat-grinder in there.

No one gives a shit about that. You look at his record and that loss will stick out. It's like a fly in the soup.

I refuse to look at a loss, for a Champ who decided to take a chance by going up, as a sleight.

Respect to the risk takers. They’re the reason this is the greatest show on earth.

"Fight could have gone either way."

Which just shows the flaw in round-by-round scoring.

There was no doubt who actually won that fight. None whatsoever.

How can you watch that fight and think max is more skilled than Dustin. Holloway got his ass beat, plain and simple. He got his ass thoroughly beat by a guy with slicker boxing and he didn’t have a size advantage like he usually does.

Nope. Dustin outlanded Max in rounds 1,2,3, and I am not sure about 5. 4th round Max had more strikes, but his strikes had very little on them. One of Dustin's shots were like 3 or 4 of Max's.

It was a domination in the sense that Dustin controlled 90% of the fight.

Yea no way was he actually outlanding Dustin. In 4 of 5 rounds. Stats might show that but they often account for the strikes that were landing on elbows and forearms. At least you acknowledge your bias because there is absolutely no way in hell max won that fight and even a draw is a massive stretch. Tbh it was a pretty clear 4-1 and maybe just maybe an argument could be made for 3-2. Which round other than 3 did Holloway win?

You're kidding right? I like Holloway, don't get me wrong, but he outlanded Dustin with tons of shots that hit the arms or didn't connect cleanly, whereas Dustin was throwing hammers & Max was eating it squarely. This was not a close fight, it was a decisive victory for Dustin. Respect to Max for an incredible chin though.

You realize that's not "landing", right?

Dustins defense was so on point. His shell and use of his arms while standing right in front of max was brilliant.

When a guy is right there and you can't land solidly it can be demoralizing

I haven't kept up with MMA very much in quite a few years, but just today I saw a Jack Slack YouTube video that broke down Dustin's defense and how good its gotten over the last few years.

Tonight, it looked better than ever. Aldo has very high level defense and Max was able to put volume on him. Outside of a few exchanges, Max was never really able to work through Dustin's shell.

How can you watch that fight and think max is more skilled than Dustin. Holloway got his ass beat, plain and simple. He got his ass thoroughly beat by a guy with slicker boxing and he didn’t have a size advantage like he usually does.

He had a size disadvantage you are right. Mighty Mouse would lose to to Jose Aldo but mighty mouse still can be the better fighter technically. Size matters. Plus Dustin himself said that Max hurt him in the third and he felt the fight slipping away from him yet his nuthuggers still insist that he "thoroughly" dominated Max when in fatc it was close.

Except for round 1 Max pretty much outlanded Poirier in every round. It was a close fight that I think could have gone either way. I'm just sad for max. I said from the beginning that he doesn't belong at 1^55 with his T-Rex arms and was against him moving up. Now his potential goat win streak is ruined forever and it's unlikely that he will put together another 13 fight win streak. People are just out of their minds with these superfights. Let fighters fight at their weight class and be great there. No need for that shit. Respect to Max and fuck all his haters.

Your an idiot..

Holloway is still featherweight champiom

Still featherweight Goat

And is still one hell of a fighter..

So he lost..who cares he came out and put it all out on the line like a fighter should..fought with heart..technique..speed and power..he hurt poirer..poirer even admitted it..

Holloway is going to still do great things..poirer is just reaching his potential now,i expect big and great things for both guys in the future

Your thread is shameful and deservice to what was an amazing fight

Back