Max outlanded Dustin. Dustin outpowered Max

You can't count on a replay from different angles to judge a fight? Are you serious? You do realize that you're watching a three-dimensional fight on a two-dimensional screen, from an arbitrary camera angle. Yes, you can judge a fight even more upon closer inspection of the replays and camera angles; and they often showed Max hitting the arms, missing or grazing Dustin but not connecting squarely too often. Respect to Max for an incredible chin, he was eating some hammers in that fight, guy looked like he went through the meat-grinder in there.

Just think. What percentage of Max's strikes did these slow motion replays show? What percentage of the fight?

Don't bring dimensions into it when you fail to consider simple math.

usually when one guy is beaten to a pulp and loses but people disagree or think it was super close...usually this losing fighter did severe and equal damage to the other guy.
This didn't happen in this fight. Only one guy did serious damage. Weird we're talking about this.

Dustins defense was so on point. His shell and use of his arms while standing right in front of max was brilliant.

When a guy is right there and you can't land solidly it can be demoralizing
Max had a really tough time landing clean throughout the fight and Dustin always returned with heat.

Just think. What percentage of Max's strikes did these slow motion replays show? What percentage of the fight?

Don't bring dimensions into it when you fail to consider simple math.
Don't bother responding when you know you're wrong, making dumb points & got nothing to add to the conversation. Get the fuck outta here with the 'you can't look at the replays to judge a fight'. is it ok if I look at their faces & see Max looked like he got wrecked in there, or is that a no-no too?

this was a great example of a fight where the fight metrics are trash. aside from the ridiculously limited 'significant strike' value that completely fails to capture the power differential and resulting damage, I'd like to know how it gets factored into the numbers that Dustin was at least partially blocking a lot of the head shots with his high guard, as mentioned on the broadcast.

Don't bother responding when you know you're wrong, making dumb points & got nothing to add to the conversation. Get the fuck outta here with the 'you can't look at the replays to judge a fight'. is it ok if I look at their faces & see Max looked like he got wrecked in there, or is that a no-no too?

Ah the age old classic 'your point is wrong and dumb, here's my point again.'

I explained why I don't think you can judge a 25 minute fight by a few 4 second clips in slow motion... If you want to just go "no, I can" then fair enough I guess.

He had a size disadvantage you are right. Mighty Mouse would lose to to Jose Aldo but mighty mouse still can be the better fighter technically. Size matters. Plus Dustin himself said that Max hurt him in the third and he felt the fight slipping away from him yet his nuthuggers still insist that he "thoroughly" dominated Max when in fatc it was close.

The fight was not close. Momentum briefly changed hands when max flurried in the third, that is not close. Poirier was popping him with straight shots any time he wanted to and Max simply could not say the same. And you’re right to say size matters, but doesn’t it matter at FW? Max is a damn sight bigger than Aldo, definitely a bigger deficit than between himself and Dustin, yet his power was at least relevant at FW unlike LW. Similar scenario to conor in that Max is not the same at 155.

Max had some good shots, but even if he outlanded Dustin he didn't have much on the majority of his punches in comparison to Dustin. Max was hurt multiple times in the fight, and Dustin wasn't ever truly in trouble. The amount of bombs landed by Dustin is easily seen on Max's face.

Poirier strategy was better and he had more power behind his punches. He got to rest by «trying» to take Max down when he usually overcomes his opponents..

Actually that's not true. Most of the replays showed when Max was throwing volume, a lot of it was missing, hitting the arms, or barely grazing Dustin. Volume doesn't mean he outlanded him, Dustin thoroughly dominated Holloway tonight. Look at Max's face, looked like a horror movie.
People cut and bruise easier, look at Sonnen vs Silva 1.

you sure about that outlanding thing?
Max got punched in the face 120 something times and that was like before the 5th round.

Ah the age old classic 'your point is wrong and dumb, here's my point again.'

I explained why I don't think you can judge a 25 minute fight by a few 4 second clips in slow motion... If you want to just go "no, I can" then fair enough I guess.
You originally said that you can’t judge a fight based on replays & you can only judge it from watching it live. So you can try to modify that now, but your original point was dumb & any other follow-ups have been even dumber. I watched the fight live & saw Max lose decisively, then when I saw the replays I saw moments when Max applied volume, they were connecting even less than I originally thought. It was also pretty easy to see who won the fight by looking at their faces too.

The fight was not close. Momentum briefly changed hands when max flurried in the third, that is not close. Poirier was popping him with straight shots any time he wanted to and Max simply could not say the same. And you’re right to say size matters, but doesn’t it matter at FW? Max is a damn sight bigger than Aldo, definitely a bigger deficit than between himself and Dustin, yet his power was at least relevant at FW unlike LW. Similar scenario to conor in that Max is not the same at 155.

Max is taller than most guys at fw, not bigger though and he still has a reach disadvantage against most guys there

Don't cum in your pants yet boy. People always getting overly excited when their guy wins lol. It was as close of a fight as it can get. No one got dominated here.
The first round dustin did absolutely dominate. Should have been a 10/8 round. Especially with the new criteria on this, that's suppose to give more 10/8 rounds. He had him hurt several times, controlled the whole round, was the aggressor, and did far more damage. The other 4 rounds were closer, but dustin won 1 and 2 easily. Max got busted up pretty bad. Dustin had doubledxmax in.strikes the first 2.

Don't cum in your pants yet boy. People always getting overly excited when their guy wins lol. It was as close of a fight as it can get. No one got dominated here.
Nice post.. i feel sorry for Sherdog mods.

His win streak and momentum is ruined forever though. Congrats @ all the fucktards who wanted him to move up.
Yes,that ws stupid idea from beginning, you can move up, but not on 2 months notice after being lifetime featherweight. Yeah Dustin had more power...because he is lightweight and experienced guys like Geathje, Alvarez etc.
For sure Max should work on his defense, it's something he should learn quick asap, if he wants to be more healthy after figthing career.

Back