Max Holloway vs. Korean Zombie? How would that go?

That seems a little extreme. I'm pretty sure a FW with khabib's skill set could do it. Max hasn't come close to fighting anybody with that type of well rounded grappling game. Old Frankie was the closest, but that was past prime undersized Frankie. Volk would be the second closest, but he's levels below khabib and be still had his moments of grappling success against Max.

I'd love to see max against more well rounded grapplers to find out. A fight with Evloev in the future could be interesting.

No doubt. Evloev's last fight showed me how explosive his wrestling was. He definitely caught my eye with that.. He's the one to watch out for...

Do you have other gifs where he's not punching and kicking ?
2008 account, I can only assume his other moves are too fast for you to see?
It's okay, i'll write it out for you

Top Left: Spinning back kick
Top Right: Head Kick
Middle Left: Body Knee
Middle Right: Trip takedown
Bottom: Elbow's

There are plenty more examples of Max doing other shit yeah, he's recently added an oblique kick to his game, and attempted a few spinning round houses to Kattar's head too, which he missed but looked dangerous.

Also you said : "with Max all he needs to really worry about are punches and leg kicks"
Not just kicks, "Leg kicks"..
e82b0316b5600d349fce927c240687beb6e13c46.gif

Max has a lot more than just punches and leg kicks man

26.gif
IllegalSpicyCaimanlizard-size_restricted.gif

NauticalReliableJaeger-size_restricted.gif
NauticalShockedDunnart-small.gif
ElaborateAngryFlea-size_restricted.gif

Then kattar gifs still hurt man lol. On the plus side, though, kattar got CT scans recently and compared to his baseline results from almost 5 years ago, his brain looked exactly the same.

He's getting back into full contact training in a week or two. He's already been in the gym shadow boxing, footwork drills, mit work, conditioning and tons of grappling, but I'm glad that he's getting back to full contact soon and will be looking for a fight in the fall.

I'm hoping he comes back and makes a statement.

I think that's a bit exaggerated but more plausible than Max stopping KZ. Not saying it can't happen, but I think KZ has got just as much as heart as Kattars, if not more...

Then kattar gifs still hurt man lol. On the plus side, though, kattar got CT scans recently and compared to his baseline results from almost 5 years ago, his brain looked exactly the same.

He's getting back into full contact training in a week or two. He's already been in the gym shadow boxing, footwork drills, mit work, conditioning and tons of grappling, but I'm glad that he's getting back to full contact soon and will be looking for a fight in the fall.

Good to hear, excited for his return! Really hope he comes back with a bang too.. Want to see him wreck Giga Chikadze with some crisp silky bombs.
<{jackyeah}>

I only posted them to showcase that Max isn't JUST punches and leg kicks.

Good to hear, excited for his return! Really hope he comes back with a bang too.. Want to see him wreck Giga Chikadze with some crisp silky bombs.
<{jackyeah}>

I'm pretty sure his coach wants Arnold Allen, but I wouldn't mind seeing him against giga either. I'm not a big fan of giga, so that would be a fun one.

Reactions: Gio

I think he'll learn from it and will become better than ever.

I'm pretty sure his coach wants Arnold Allen, but I wouldn't mind seeing him against giga either. I'm not a big fan of giga, so that would be a fun one.
Oh shit, Arnold would be a crazy return fight! ballsy test to come back to, wouldn't have a clue who wins that!

<{jackyeah}>

I only posted them to showcase that Max isn't JUST punches and leg kicks.
Giga's striking seems to be on another level. He's another one to watch out for...

Giga's striking seems to be on another level. He's another one to watch out for...
I'm not sold he's anything special myself, his kicking game is really nice and flashy, but i've seen it when it's not worked and he's struggled with a plan B against far worse fighters than the top 15 in the Featherweight Division.. He's also 32 which imo is a bit old to be considered a Prospect in that division.

We'll see I guess.

His activity is great, but who's he beat 37 year old Cub and Jamey Simmons lol.

We all know Max has got great wrestling defence, but what if KZ took him down? And we all saw what KZ did to Dustin, Frankie and Ige... Is Holloway screwed if he gets taken down by the Zombie?
It would be 25 minutes of non-stop insanity. Would watch 10/10

Reactions: Gio
I'm not sold he's anything special myself, his kicking game is really nice and flashy, but i've seen it when it's not worked and he's struggled with a plan B against for worse fighters than the top 15 in the Flyweight Division.

We'll see I guess.

Sometimes, it takes some prospects a little longer to bloom. He seems to have found his stride and he's got that self belief in himself. I think there's something there.

I love KZ but Max would have the edge in this fight imo

Maybe in a grappling match the Zombie would win for sure

Sometimes, it takes some prospects a little longer to bloom. He seems to have found his stride and he's got that self belief in himself. I think there's something there.

He's very confident and I appreciate his activity, I just don't think he's justified his hype nor his top 10 ranking position yet, he got it from beating 37 year old Cub who's last ranked win himself was in 2016 iirc in a really closely fought fight with Choi and only has that 1 ranked win in his last 13 fights himself!

Other than Cub he has 7-3 Jamey Simmons..
<FookIsThatGuy>

35 year old Omar Morales
<FookIsThatGuy>

Tiny Irwin on short notice

<FookIsThatGuy>

11-8 Brandon Davis
<FookIsThatGuy>

And a load of other random wins against folks no one knows, and even a couple losses against people no-one knows..

So other than the attractive flashy kicks and cocky attitude, what warrants the hype and the ranking? It's less justified than Khamzat imo.
We've not seen Giga on his back, take a bomb, have to fight a good wrestler, etc etc.. So many things to see still I think.

He's very confident and I appreciate his activity, I just don't think he's justified his hype nor his top 10 ranking position yet, he got it from beating 37 year old Cub who's last ranked win himself was in 2016 iirc in a really closely fought fight with Choi and only has that 1 ranked win in his last 13 fights himself!

Other than Cub he has 7-3 Jamey Simmons..
<FookIsThatGuy>

35 year old Omar Morales
<FookIsThatGuy>

Tiny Irwin on short notice

<FookIsThatGuy>

11-8 Brandon Davis
<FookIsThatGuy>

And a load of other random wins against folks no one knows, and even a couple losses against people no-one knows..

So other than the attractive flashy kicks and cocky attitude, what warrants the hype? It's less justified than Khamzat imo.
Fair point, he maybe hyped more than he actually is. If guess will see soon enough as the UFC fudged up his rankings and are pushing him to fight the top dogs. I agree with your sentiment about his rank.

Fair point, he maybe hyped more than he actually is. If guess will see soon enough as the UFC fudged up his rankings and are pushing him to fight the top dogs. I agree with your sentiment about his rank.
I'm not usually so shitty about a fighter, but the taunting vs Irwin really rubbed me the wrong way(granted Irwin is obviously an evil cunt) and taunting doesn't always bother me, but considering Irwin did him a favour coming in on short notice, and Giga was a massive favourite and had a massive height advantage, and kept trying to force the finish unsuccessfully.. I don't fucks with that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back