Max Holloway vs. Korean Zombie? How would that go?

It'd be hard not to edge KZ on the ground because we simply haven't seen Max there in most of his recent fights, he's a Brown Belt and has amazing cardio so wouldn't be surprised if he managed to make it a stalemate and they'd get stood up.. Max is a far tougher opponent to get down than wee Ige was imo and I think his pressure and output will make it really hard for KZ to time any kind of shoot or trip.
Namaste my brother, nameste...

Lol KZ would get smashed. Ige is very undersized for the division and Ortega dominated KZ. KZ also got ko'd by Yair (lol)

I think KZ has had incredibly underrated ground skills.

I think the power he has in the strikes can be a bit of an equalizer.

No doubt Holloway should outstrike him in numbers. But power can change up everything. Poirier beat max due to the difference between the two.

I'm really curious of the size difference between the two. The power difference could definitely lead to grappling exchanges which I would think KZ should have the advantage substantially.

I've no doubt Max would be the favourite but if KZ has shown anything it's ending a fight out of thin air.

pcdC8Br.gif

This.

If this fight never happens it'd be a huge disappointment.

Lol KZ would get smashed. Ige is very undersized for the division and Ortega dominated KZ. KZ also got ko'd by Yair (lol)
Domination is a subjective word. But there wasn't a whole lot of action on the feet but just stick and moves here and there. I think that word gets skewed more often than not and it may not reflect what actually happened. But enough with semantics.

KZ also was winning the strike battle against Yair until literally with .01 second left, pulled a hail mary from Mexico to one shot kill the Zombie. Yair is a phenomenal striker and I believe he's better than Ortega on the feet. Styles make fights, and lack of sleep can hinder your performance. MMA math doesn't always work as we all know...

Reactions: Gio
We don't know as Max hasn't fought in ages. I imagine he still smites KZ, but who knows.

barring the Ige fight Has KZ wrestled much since his 2017 return? I don't recall it, would have thought he'd have found some success against Yair who was coming in after getting wrestle fucked by Frankie Edgar, he was another very quick striker though.

Also closest thing I can find to a height comparison lol
maxresdefault.jpg

Domination is a subjective word. But there wasn't a whole lot of action on the feet but just stick and moves here and there. I think that word gets skewed more often than not and it may not reflect what actually happened. But enough with semantics.
Lmfao dude Ortega absolutely dominated KZ, he scored two knockdowns, landed twice as many significant strikes, and scored 3 takedowns.

KZ also was winning the strike battle against Yair until literally with .01 second left, pulled a hail mary from Mexico to one shot kill the Zombie. Yair is a phenomenal striker and I believe he's better than Ortega on the feet. Styles make fights, and lack of sleep can hinder your performance. MMA math doesn't always work as we all know...
Ortega landed quite a few significant strikes and KZ had no idea how to deal with the spinning elbow. He landed nothing significant himself and looked stuck in the mud

Completely agreed.
Im not counting out KZ by the way. Nobody is impossible to KO and Max didn't face someone with the wrestling of KZ for a long time. That said I have no idea why he didn't use his wrestling against Yair who has no ground game. Its like he wanted to be in a war and it backfired

Rocked? Ehhhh... I'll have to re-watch that one for sure. Regardless, Max has a really good chin at 145.
I agree max has a great chin, Ortega does too ;)

haha yeah I think it was in the third and Ortega was getting the better of the striking in that round, rocked/stunned/wobbled max in it.

Lmfao dude Ortega absolutely dominated KZ, he scored two knockdowns, landed twice as many significant strikes, and scored 3 takedowns.

There's nothing to laugh about if you feel he utterly destroyed KZ on the feet. You don't have to convince me in how you feel about your opinions son. Take it down a notch, and two notches with Ortega taking KZ down. It happened once after that hard elbow landed and KZ got right back up like a G6...

Last edited:
Back