Max Holloway vs. Korean Zombie? How would that go?

2008 account, I can only assume his other moves are too fast for you to see?
It's okay, i'll write it out for you

Top Left: Spinning back kick
Top Right: Head Kick
Middle Left: Body Knee
Middle Right: Trip takedown
Bottom: Elbow's

There are plenty more examples of Max doing other shit yeah, he's recently added an oblique kick to his game, and attempted a few spinning round houses to Kattar's head too, which he missed but looked dangerous.

Also you said : "with Max all he needs to really worry about are punches and leg kicks"
Not just kicks, "Leg kicks"..
e82b0316b5600d349fce927c240687beb6e13c46.gif
you're being petty I just thought it was funny that you started by saying he has more than punches and kicks and the only gifs you displayed were of him doing just that Now if you want to have a pissing contest on specific strikes have at it.

My original post was general and meant to compare overall abilities not specific types of strikes Holloway isn't a BJJ or wrestler obviously I still contend that the Ortega Max fought and the ortega who KZ fought were two different fighters but I guess that's arguable as well

you're being petty I just thought it was funny that you started by saying he has more than punches and kicks and the only gifs you displayed were of him doing just that Now if you want to have a pissing contest on specific strikes have at it.

My original post was general and meant to compare overall abilities not specific types of strikes Holloway isn't a BJJ or wrestler obviously I still contend that the Ortega Max fought and the ortega who KZ fought were two different fighters but I guess that's arguable as well

I wasn't taking issue with the entire post, just the part you said KZ just has to watch out for "punches and leg kicks" as if that were all Max has in his move set.. Why not just say striking then as opposed to being so specific?

lol like I said, every single one of those gifs has a different technique to what you narrowly suggested he was limited to, can you really not see the other techniques?

I wasn't joking when I explained what is in each GIF.
"Top Left: Spinning back kick
Bottom: Elbow's"

Last edited:
I'm not usually so shitty about a fighter, but the taunting vs Irwin really rubbed me the wrong way(granted Irwin is obviously an evil cunt) and taunting doesn't always bother me, but considering Irwin did him a favour coming in on short notice, and Giga was a massive favourite and had a massive height advantage, and kept trying to force the finish unsuccessfully.. I don't fucks with that.
Well admittedly, I kind of have a similar reaction when Colby taunts other fighters in the most disrespectful manner. I guess we all have one...

Max will turn him to a real zombie, most prolly, lol. But seriously it's an interesting match. KZ has been given slack for the Ortega fight, but he came to that fight with a minor ACL tear and he didn't have the adequate training resources in Korea, training partners and coaches-wise. His team was hesitant for him to do the training camp there, but he risked it due to the covid situation and not wanting to delay the fight more. After the Ige fight, he said that the training in the US is completely different compared to his last one in SK and he can feel the difference in his body and confidence. Nothing to take away from Brian but I really believe that it would be a different fight if they fought again this time having trained in AZ.

KZ doesn't have that explosive/powerful wrestling but his grappling very slick when grabbing hold of his opponents, smooth transitions, and quickly getting their backs and gaining dominant position. The ones that you don't see coming are the most dangerous. He's not gonna go and double leg Max, but hide it with strikes and feints and and time it perfectly and use the fence. And don't forget about his low kicks. KZ has good low kicks and that's what Volk utilized in the first fight with Max. And he certainly packs more power than Volk. And he mentioned he's been studying Max's style for a long while now and was aware of Max's previous opponent's mistakes. So like I said it's gonna be interesting to see.

All in all I think it's rightful that Max should be heavily favored. When it boils down, I think Max's reach, length, cardio, awareness, ability to turn it up, overall striking, and championship experience will be a bit too much for him, like for almost everyone. But I won't underestimate KZ's chances, now that he's learned to fight smart but not lacking output. As a fan it's a dream match and I wish there's a chance that this fight gets booked, some time, some how.

Last edited:
I wasn't taking issue with the entire post, just the part you said KZ just has to watch out for "punches and leg kicks" as if that were all Max has in his move set.. Why not just say striking then as opposed to being so specific?

lol like I said, every single one of those gifs has a different technique to what you narrowly suggested he was limited to, can you really not see the other techniques?

I wasn't joking when I explained what is in each GIF.
"Top Left: Spinning back kick
Bottom: Elbow's"
*yawn*

Max will turn him to a real zombie, most prolly, lol. But seriously it's an interesting match. KZ has been given slack for the Ortega fight, but he came to that fight with a minor ACL tear and he didn't have the adequate training resources in Korea, training partners and coaches-wise. His team was hesitant for him to do the training camp there, but he risked it due to the covid situation and not wanting to delay the fight more. After the Ige fight, he said that the training in the US is completely different compared to his last one in SK and he can feel the difference in his body and confidence. Nothing to take away from Brian but I really believe that it would be a different fight if they fought again this time having trained in AZ.

KZ doesn't have that explosive/powerful wrestling but his grappling very slick when grabbing hold of his opponents, smooth transitionis, and quickly getting their backs and gaining dominant position. The ones that you don't see coming are the most dangerous. He's not gonna go and double leg Max, but hide it with strikes and feints and and time it perfectly and use the fence. And don'f forget about his low kicks. KZ has good low kicks and that's what Volk utilized in the first fight with Max. And he certainly packs more power than Volk. And he mentioned he's been studying Max's style for a long while now and was aware of Max's previous opponent's mistakes. So like I said it's gonna be interesting to see.

All in all I think it's rightful that Max should be heavily favored. When it boils down, I think Max's reach, length, cardio, awareness, ability to turn it up, overall striking, and championship experience will be a bit too much for him, like for almost everyone. But I won't underestimate KZ's chances, now that he's learned to fight smart but not lacking output. As a fan it's a dream match and I wish there's a chance that this fight gets booked, some time, some how.
Gio- with all due respect what in the world did you see different from Ige and Ortega fights? There were nuances obviously but overall just in terms of the striking game I'd say the approach was the exact same. His standup game entailed much the same attempts at keeping in tight range, looking for the counters by teasing opponents hands down, head out in the open his head is on a platter I noticed a couple instances were KZ literally chased ige down to keep tight but that exact same approach let Ortega land a spinning bow

I don't know man....I'm not sure what Cha is doing with KZ in terms of letting his guy go out there and leaving himself in such vulnerable spots

if KZ went out there like that against Ortega a second time I don't think the result is much different just in terms of striking

Last edited:
Reactions: Gio
I see your lazy approach to using your eyes has transcended to your fingers too.

<Waaah>

Stay yawning grandad.
Not really I'm just not going to engage a dude who twisted my original argument into something else so you could build a strawman I wrote the OP to avoid long drawn out details but you appear to enjoy flexing so have at it

Gio- with all due respect what in the world did you see different from Ige and Ortega fights? There were nuances obviously but overall just in terms of the striking game I'd say the approach was the exact same. His standup game entailed much the same attempts and keeping in tight range, looking for the counters by teasing opponents with counters, hands down, head out in the open I noticed a couple instances were KZ literally chased ige down to keep tight but that exact same approach let Ortega land a spinning bow

I don't know man....I'm not sure what Cha is doing with KZ in terms of letting his guy go out there and leaving himself in such vulnerable spots

if KZ went out there like that against Ortega a second time I don't think the result is much different just in terms of striking
I think his shoulder played a factor into the exchanges he had with Ige.

Not really I'm just not going to engage a dude who twisted my original argument into something else so you could build a strawman I wrote the OP to avoid long drawn out details but you appear to enjoy flexing so have at it
HA! Come off it man, there's no straw man

You said

"with Max all he needs to really worry about are punches and leg kicks That may be enough to beat KZ but Max will be a helluva lot easier to read than Ortega"

That is simply bullshit isn't it.. so I posted evidence of Max successfully using other techniques in different fights... You wrote it off because some how your eyes only see leg kicks and punches or what? You made a joke which would have been funny if I had only posted GIFS of leg kicks and punches, but I didn't, not one was just leg kicks and punches.. So what am I missing here?
{<huh}

Imagine I said all Max has to worry about is the Twister.. And then you posted
tumblr_ptj3hgH6WR1rofocqo1_500.gifv

And then I said, lol have you got any GIFS that aren't just the twister.
{<jordan}{<shrug}

I'd be a dumb ass for making the statement, and an extra dumb ass for not SEEING what's in the GIF wouldn't I.

But he threw more hard rights early on and a lot more jabs afterwards... It could've turned out differently if it wasn't for the shoulder injury...

Alright guys, it was fun chatting with yall. Hopefully this fight gets made for the fans... Chao.

But he threw more hard rights early on and a lot more jabs afterwards... It could've turned out differently if it wasn't for the shoulder injury...
He's a tough bastard
never flinched and seemed active If he didn't say anything no one would've ever known about it

KZ doesn't have that explosive/powerful wrestling but his grappling very slick when grabbing hold of his opponents, smooth transitions, and quickly getting their backs and gaining dominant position. The ones that you don't see coming are the most dangerous. He's not gonna go and double leg Max, but hide it with strikes and feints and and time it perfectly and use the fence. And don'f forget about his low kicks. KZ has good low kicks and that's what Volk utilized in the first fight with Max. And he certainly packs more power than Volk. And he mentioned he's been studying Max's style for a long while now and was aware of Max's previous opponent's mistakes. So like I said it's gonna be interesting to see.

Couldn't have typed it better myself. KZ would be a live dog in the fight.

Gio- with all due respect what in the world did you see different from Ige and Ortega fights? There were nuances obviously but overall just in terms of the striking game I'd say the approach was the exact same. His standup game entailed much the same attempts and keeping in tight range, looking for the counters by teasing opponents with counters, hands down, head out in the open I noticed a couple instances were KZ literally chased ige down to keep tight but that exact same approach let Ortega land a spinning bow

His demeanor, focus, the way he looks for angles, and is much more locked in compared to the Ortega fight where he looked lethargic in the opening round. I think those intangibles are what I saw different. And Eddie Cha and KZ approached this fight and trained a grappling heavy style. But KZ still was able to knock down Ige briefly and was able to tag him hard a couple of times, use his jabs, body kicks and knees. And Dan is a beast man, he was fighting the fight of his life. Still I think he got a bit tentative when he felt KZ's power.

And I'd love to see him rematch Ortega and I actually think it will be the other way around this time. I hate to bring it but let's not forget he fought a 'concussed' KZ in the remaining 3 rounds with an ACL tear that limited his movement. And also the fact that Brian was out for 600+ days and no one really expected a completely reinvented style and him switching southpaw that night. Outstanding job by Brian nonetheless.

Last edited:
Back