• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Max Holloway vs Chandler / Dricus vs TBA - Was Originally Offered UFC 303 Main Event - Better/Worse?

Not very BMF-like and according to Sherdog, that's ducking.

We know this place is double-stanrdard city though. I know you won't disappoint me Sherdog

Max would've spanked Chandler pretty badly. He should've went for it .He could've stolen the McGregor fight from Chadler.

If Holloway said no I'm kinda surprised since he would probably dog walk Chandler.
Easier fight than Gaethje. Max doesn't have to worry about leg kicks and Chandler is only dangerous through early in the 2nd round. He fades after that.

Max vs. Chandler/Dricus would be interesting. Do Chandler and DDP tag team or switch every round? I think Max easily outboxes Chandler, but when DDP steps in, he's just too big for Holloway.

Nah, I have zero interest in seeing Max fight anyone other than Ilia next. Thats the fight to make.

Dricus could've been interesting, but he's known for wanting time for a full preparation (which is justified). Plus who really would've been a proper opponent?

Alex vs Jiri 2, with Ortega vs Lopes as a Co-Main is subjectively the way better card. Never cared for Conor vs Chandler to begin with.

DDP/Izzy would've been pretty nice if they could've pulled that together. Max/Chandler would've been fun, but another unnecessary fight for Max like Gaethje.

Naw, he's said he's told the UFC he'll fight Izzy and is wondering why there's no date or announcement yet
MMA fighting podcast said ddp vs Izzy for the headliner in Australia is in the works. I think they said end of summer or beginning of fall was the target date. Sometime around then.

Max should have the BMF belt stripped from him, not very BMF like to not step in, BMF champ should be ‘anytime, anyplace, anywhere’

Max should have the BMF belt stripped from him, not very BMF like to not step in, BMF champ should be ‘anytime, anyplace, anywhere’
Lol ok. I don’t think he would have had an issue fighting chandler when ever. But he just got done on a long vacation with his family in Japan and UFC 303 is in what 2 weeks. Dude would probably still fight him if the Topuria fight wasn’t a thing in a couple months. That fight is going to be one of the biggest fights for the UFC this year. Max has been pretty vocal since his last fight he wants the FW belt back. Seems to be his focus now.

I don't think Max's next fight should be wasted as a last minute replacement. Especially not against Chandler coming off a loss. The guy is a superstar. I could see him fighting the Conor/Chandler winner but not now.

Im glad it didnt happen. It wouldnt be boring but Max would spark Chandler so bad it would be sad tbh.

Chandler not worthy of a Max fight.

Chasing the Red Panty is not on the same level of BMF.

No clout stealing from short-notice Max -- who earned some rest, relaxation, and recovery time.

I understand why Max said no but saying no is not very BMF though.

Dricus seems entitled, not very willing to put himself out there for risk.

No matter the situation.
You wouldn't put yourself out there unless it makes the most sense for your career.

These guys only have so much time to make money.

It fell through, but
Max vs Chandler was offered and i'm assuming DDP vs Izzy maybe?

You guys think we dodged a worse main event or better one?

No incentive for Max to take such a shit bout compared to what he has open to him

Fuck connor

Max vs. Chandler/Dricus would be interesting. Do Chandler and DDP tag team or switch every round? I think Max easily outboxes Chandler, but when DDP steps in, he's just too big for Holloway.
Wow, chinarice managed a more stupid post than this

Good job bro

You wouldn't put yourself out there unless it makes the most sense for your career.

These guys only have so much time to make money.
I feel you… pause.

But “Baddest Mother Fucker” to me means - anywhere, anyone, anytime.

I feel you… pause.

But “Baddest Mother Fucker” to me means - anywhere, anyone, anytime.
It does normally but max star power has never been bigger than he is at the moment and is legit top 5ish current ufc fighter as far as popularity goes. Shit some of my neighbors who don’t follow mma and only watch it every great once in awhile know who he is after UFC 300. The casuals know him. He wants ilia and the 45 belt back. Imagine he beats ilia is a couple months and wins back the FW belt. Holding both the bmf belt in one of the most memorable ko’s in mma history against a legend a weight class up who was also a title contender and then beating a guy who has never lost in the FW champ in ilia who beat the guy who beat max 3 times. Max would have one of the best years ever as a ufc fighter and only increase his legend and resume. Basically could do whatever he wanted in mma at that point. I mean he can almost do that at this point. But the guy is shooting for the stars.

Back