Remember UFC 200 Main Event Was Nunes vs Tate

Tone

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I know that was where it landed because Conor wouldn't show up the press conference and Jones tested positive the week of,so this mega card ended up with Nunes vs Tate as the main event. I hope we don't get a repeat of this for 300 but with all the issues Dana seems to be having making this main event I wouldn't be surprised if we get another underwhelming main event again. Leon Vs Belal sounds only slightly better than 200.

It's crazy how they put that as the main event over Brock/Hunt, DC/Anderson and Aldo/Edgar.

Just absolute blasphemy.
Nunes-Tate was the only real championship fight, and that's when title fights would always headline over non- (or interim) title fights. If that same card happened now, I think Aldo-Edgar probably headlines, with Brock-Hunt as co-main.

That being said, Nunes-Tate as the headliner seemed absurd even back then. But in retrospect, with that being the start of Nunes's title run and GOAT status, it actually aged very well.

McGregor peak ego era started so the fight with RDA was called off and then Jones being Jones popped for roids, so the Cormier fight was pulled.

They ended the show with a title fight

The cards are on so late, I actually don't mind when the main event is the crappiest fight on the card. I'd obviously rather the whole fight was good, but if they have to throw a crappy or boring one on there, might as well be the last one so the card essentially ends at midnight with an extra fight if you care.

McGregor peak ego era started so the fight with RDA was called off and then Jones being Jones popped for roids, so the Cormier fight was pulled.

They ended the show with a title fight
McGregor was supposed to right RDA at 196, UFC 200 was suppose to be the Nate rematch, but that didnt happen until 202

I know that was where it landed because Conor wouldn't show up the press conference and Jones tested positive the week of
If you know this then why are you making this thread?

The two situations are nothing alike.

Usually any UFC event with an even number is a flop.

It was Tate vs Nunes. Amanda smoked Ronda at 207.
right but what I’m saying is because Ronda was enviably coming back, the women’s bantamweight division had a lot of hype and attention on it, they had it co main to 196 under Conor as well after Ronda lost. I think that’s the reason they decided to have it be the main event for 200

Anderson was only down with 3-rounds. They should've went with Bisping who was down for 5-rounds, & had just beat Anderson + DC's BFF Luke(199).
Bisping vs DC had zero appeal

Also ended up being the only finish of main card alongside Cain Velesques. It was a great card on paper but didnt really deliver in reality. DC decided to lay on top of Silva for 15 minutes. Brock outhustling Hunto was inspiring untill he failed every test possible. Aldo outclassed Frankie easier than in their last fight- I guess that was pretty okay stuff. Prelims were nothing to write home about.

Honestly the Nunes finish was the highlight of the card even if we all rooted for Miesha to get the win.

Back