Matt Hughes back in the gym after his accident.

In this thread I learned that being hit by a train is no big deal.

I still don't understand what was the medical reason for him to be in such critical condition.

What were his actual injuries?
Brain swelling. His speech and motor skills are not the same He basically has the mind of a child now he is lucky to be alive

From what I understood, he didn't suffer any actual injuries....you think it's psychological?
photos of him with his head shaved and a big scar where they had to temporary remove a piece of his skull from swelling, also his speech and his functional movements like walking are affected. There was a photo of him looking skinny in a wheel chair he lost a lot of weight.

I lost respect for him after he acted like a bully with gsp on the ultimate fighter but that doesn't mean I don't wish him well :) I am glad to see his made a full recovery
Lol, take a look at Matt Hughes life, personality, views etc etc if you want a real reason to have no respect for him

Being hit by a train is probably its own medical condition.
Yeah. Too right mate.
Getting hit by a locomotive is gonna pinch a little, perhaps leave a mark.
FFS..

Wish nothing but the best to him but was never his biggest fan.
But fuck me do I respect him..

How awesome would it be if he came in at 55’ and showed Kahib what REAL GNP is??

Oh I would be extactic

From what I understood, he didn't suffer any actual injuries....you think it's psychological?
He looks a bit “off” now. He was in the crowd at the recent event and doesn’t look fully recovered from a mental perspective. You also don’t see interviews with him, just enough public appearances to make you think he is OK now. I have a feeling his mental capacity is severely damaged now.

Yeah. Too right mate.
Getting hit by a locomotive is gonna pinch a little, perhaps leave a mark.
FFS..

Wish nothing but the best to him but was never his biggest fan.
But fuck me do I respect him..

I hate Hughes, ever since that BULLSHIT call with Newton, and him acting like a general America jock asswhole all the time.

But I respect the fuck out of his will to go in and fight every time and the brutal FINISHING GNP he used to bring to fights!!

He looks really atrophied and weak there. His facial expressions are also....somehow off to me. Brain injury? I'm glad he is doing better but he will likely never be the Hughes of before the accident.
Definite brain injury that hasn’t fully recovered

I'm leaning towards an "attempt" as the cause.
I don’t think so, he’s too arrogant and stubborn for that unless he had an American Beauty moment, then I could see that driving him to an “attempt” due to not wanting to admit his feelings to himself. Him and his brother pounding each other behind the barn is definetly a tell.

Back