Matt Hughes back in the gym after his accident.

Don't like Hughes, but good for him. Hopefully he's just training though, not thinking of competing again.

Um... they weren’t sure if he would have full brain functionality,
Yea, here is the thing, and I speak from experience on this. Those tracks have no light or bell or bars that drop down. Its also in the country where there are no street lights, meaning at night time its dark as hell. Then you combine that with crops like corn growing on either side of the road which can block your vision and its EASY to see how this could happen. I used to visit my grandmother in an area like this and there was an unmarked train track that was after a blind corner and people were hit by the train at that location multiple times. In rural areas this is a common thing.

2a849940-3b72-4b78-ad71-73de35373689-large16x9_HUGHESPIC.jpg

Yah... I live in a more suburban, but partially rural area in Michigan... We have plenty of areas in the town I am in and surrounding city’s/towns that have railroad crossings with NO lights, safety rails, nothing... Just the sign next to the tracks and the road telling you it’s a train crossing... similar to the pic..

Part of the problem where am at, is it’s nkt open like this, like it would be out in Illinois farm country or even mid/northern-Michigan farmland.. It’s more wooded / forests... accidents happen way to often..

When I was in middle school a girl in my grade had an older sister that was killed.. I had a friend when we were a bit older, slide into a train as it passed right in front of them.. couple seconds sooner and they would have been right in front of it.. scary stuff...

Hope Hughes makes a full recovery- remarkable how far he has come already..

He was all but dead in the train wreck. This is a pretty miraculous recovery. He's the champ of the Ultimate Train Fighting Championship.

I hate Hughes, ever since that BULLSHIT call with Newton, and him acting like a general America jock asswhole all the time.

But I respect the fuck out of his will to go in and fight every time and the brutal FINISHING GNP he used to bring to fights!!
That's kinda my deal..seemed like a typical jock.
And his fights with gsp flipped it..
Obviously won the first but gsp upper his game and it made the welterweight div what it is today..
After that respect was earned..

And not to mention he may have had the greatest walk out song..

Great thread. Cramping up from laughing at the responses to guy on the first page saying that Matt didn't get injured from getting hit by a FUCKING TRAIN.

Ah, when I see UFCGYM I think of a guy who just was constantly queed but never played Street Fighter 3 online.

Also, good to see Matt is doing better.

I hate Hughes, ever since that BULLSHIT call with Newton, and him acting like a general America jock asswhole all the time.

But I respect the fuck out of his will to go in and fight every time and the brutal FINISHING GNP he used to bring to fights!!
Yeah he was out vs newton lol

Brain swelling. His speech and motor skills are not the same He basically has the mind of a child now he is lucky to be alive
That's not true he wouldn't have came out at UFC event
He certainly isn't that bad

I've always been a fan of Matt Hughes.

I wish him well

Yea, here is the thing, and I speak from experience on this. Those tracks have no light or bell or bars that drop down. Its also in the country where there are no street lights, meaning at night time its dark as hell. Then you combine that with crops like corn growing on either side of the road which can block your vision and its EASY to see how this could happen. I used to visit my grandmother in an area like this and there was an unmarked train track that was after a blind corner and people were hit by the train at that location multiple times. In rural areas this is a common thing.

2a849940-3b72-4b78-ad71-73de35373689-large16x9_HUGHESPIC.jpg

Yeah, it's dark as hell at night. So what?

"A truck Hughes was driving was struck by a train in Raymond, Ill., at about 10:45 a.m."

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/6/...-legend-matt-hughes-injured-in-truck-accident

Mickey Gall to call out Matt after his next fight.

{<huh}

Back