Matt Hughes back in the gym after his accident.

Don't like Hughes, but good for him. Hopefully he's just training though, not thinking of competing again.

I just assumed swelling of the brain. But never heard myself either.
Yea, they never really revealed it. I'd assume he had a massive concussion at the least, but they kept saying he didn't have a brain injury. I somehow doubt that's the case.

Good to see he is getting better.

Dude that guy has a Traumatic Brain Injury
He doesn’t even look like the same guy.
Exactly. How is it not hard to work out?

He was in a coma. They are typically chemical induced to let your brain recover. You don't know how well they are going to do until they are eased out of the coma.

It's clear as day that Matt has sustained an injury to the brain. He's doing rehab in an effort to get as much function back as he possibly can. He is unlikely to ever be the matt hughes of old but he's a fighter and a warrior so you best believe he'll give it a red hot go. Remarkable to get from being hit by a train to lifting weights like this. Not all stories have hollywood endings but just getting this far is huge.

I'm not his biggest fan but I hope the recovery keeps ticking over. Great to see.

He suffered terrible head injury, nobody but mat himself can tell you just how bad it is, I have a brain injury, it is a fucking nightmare. I train several days week because I can, my major problems are controlling my emotions and decision making. I am not able to function without a support team in place yet i look fine.....not an easy life for him or his loved ones.

I'm not sure, I'm no doctor, but I think he had CTE and it made him act reckless or suicidal and drive in front of a train.
If you look at the location where it happened, it's in the middle of an open field.

2a849940-3b72-4b78-ad71-73de35373689-large16x9_HUGHESPIC.jpg

This never even crossed my mind as a possibility. Is this what you think happened?

I'm not sure, I'm no doctor, but I think he had CTE and it made him act reckless or suicidal and drive in front of a train.
If you look at the location where it happened, it's in the middle of an open field.

2a849940-3b72-4b78-ad71-73de35373689-large16x9_HUGHESPIC.jpg
Yea, but he could have been distracted by a phone or something, sun could have been in his eyes, who knows. Maybe he lost traction trying to beat the train and ended up in front of it instead of past it. It should have been hard to miss, but there's a lot of stuff that could have gone wrong other than just being suicidal.

Didn't some guy say he pounded his brother Todd or something like that, Marcus or Mike in the back of a barn?

Back