Martial artist out there that could kill most UFC fighters if they had interest...

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Ogata, Jan 13, 2021.

1. FIghtxIQ Green Belt

Hapkido is very effective. Whittaker is a testament to that. The gloves make small joint manipulation almost impossible anyway. Gloves make fighting very different compared to no gloves. You can grip better without gloves and you actually need to have conditioned hands and know what soft parts of the body/face to punch in order to be effective in striking bare knuckle.

MMA4Life likes this.
  2. Nightwish Brown Belt

3. FIghtxIQ Green Belt

I haven't heard about that but street fights are very different than sport fighting. I would never ask to get hit first bare knuckle. It doesn't take much with no gloves on with a clean hit. No padding and you will feel bone hit you, hurts and stings way more than strikes with gloves.

Moin, facefucair and MMA4Life like this.
  4. GreenGorilla Weirdo

Probably depends on where you grow up and where the fights occur, although frat boys can be crazy I wouldn't compare them to criminals.
    Growing up in an Area that has one of biggest open drug scenes in europe and a lot of organized criminality most of the time people would pull weapons in a street fight.

The one street fight I had didn't involve any weapons but some drugged out mid 20s guy and my 16 year old self, he tried to jump be from behind leaping off a bench I caught him with a right and soccer kicked him afterwards. But the guy was pretty harmless compared to other people walking around, I always carry some pepper spray with me nowadays.

5. MMA4Life Silver Belt

This is true sometimes in a street fight you don’t have any space to work with. And the first person to land something substantial usually wins. On the flip side I’ve seen people in “street” fights that take place say at a party outside. Just calmly use distance and then counter with great success.

That era of drunken bar fights is probably over. I’ve seen a cop show up and ask who started the fight. Listen to the crowd and then let the guy who got snuck/hit with a cheap shot off with nothing even if the other guy is clearly still concussed.

6. MMA4Life Silver Belt

Also I’m sure all the BJJ fighters would love if their opponent was fighting them wearing a suit with a tie on.

7. FIghtxIQ Green Belt

BJJ works but in a street fight you don't really want to be on the floor because of concrete. Just like wrestling you wouldn't shoot in for takedowns with your knees hitting the concrete. You would do everything from standing position instead. Gi work helps for grips on clothing and grip strength. You can grab sleeves, collars, hoods, pants, etc instead of the gi and a lot of it could transfer over technique wise with some adjustments.

MMA4Life likes this.
  8. GaryEric Yellow Card Yellow Card

9. kingmob6 Brown Belt

Charie Zelenoff would lay waste to mma scum

facefucair, Volador and MMA4Life like this.
  10. JKS 77+&--#rT....

[​IMG]

Prime early 90s Seagal

dog y, Kwic, mudrubble and 1 other person like this.
  11. MMA4Life Silver Belt

I agree never want to be on the ground in a street fight. Also I’m much older now so street fighting is something I steer clear from.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  12. MMA4Life Silver Belt

{<jordan}I knew this was coming but it still made me laugh.

kingmob6 likes this.
  13. JonJonesNeedle Yellow Card Yellow Card

Yuri Boyka is the most complete fighter in the world.

GreenGorilla likes this.
  14. MMA4Life Silver Belt

{<jordan}Old man Eastwood put in some work in Gran Torino. Well this thread has been amusing. What did we learn “street” fights are very different based on where you live. And everyone agrees it’s vital to stay off the ground in a “street” fight for various logical reasons.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    jeff7b9 likes this.
  15. AngryPorto The Guy Next to Cabbot

You kind of alluded to the flaw in some TMAs right there. Aikido, kung-fu, hapkido, they work on drunk fools. If you're good enough some techniques work on people with training. But against killers who also have training? Not really. Boxing/kickboxing, muay-thai, BJJ, and wresting -- these are the four pillars of MMA, as most of their techniques work on drunk fools and trained killers alike. TMAs are useful no doubt, and when you supplement them in with the more practical martial arts they can be fun surprise. Some of my fondest memories sparring are times I did something unorthodox and it worked. But that's just because I don't remember the 1000 times that leg kick worked, because that shit is automatic.

Love me a good kung-fu movie, though.

MMA4Life likes this.
  16. Ares Black Asteroid Belt

I could beat Charlie Zelenoff.

MMA4Life likes this.
  17. MMA4Life Silver Belt

They can be a fun surprise. Exactly. And yeah I agree with the rest of your post.

AngryPorto likes this.
  18. kingmob6 Brown Belt

What you meant to say

DM1982 likes this.
  19. MMA4Life Silver Belt

I’m gonna bet the house on you in this theoretical fight.

Ares Black likes this.
  20. Steve-French What A Rush!!!

No they wouldn't